Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110172 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11250 on: March 08, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »

Just got my second goblin siege...  One of them killed like 4 marksdwarves without them scratching him.  However, I was able to lure all the archers and half the trolls into my outer courtyard and trap, where I discovered my marksdwarves would not shoot them.  So I sent out my melee squads.  Who charged straight into the arrows.  A very bloody  battle ensued.  My only death in it was one dwarf, who was wrestling a goblin when they both fell 15 levels and exploded. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:03 pm »

Any specific reason the vastest of majorities of the panda men on my map are, in fact, panda women? The raws don't show them to have offset class ratios to produce mainly females. Maybe it's just luck that 14/15 I've seen are female.

My FPS is also taking a MASSIVE hit. Apparently an underground lake in the third caverns is draining off the map in an inappropriate manner.

And then it crashed, as usual I lose a metric fuck ton of progress.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »

Nice panda woman harem you got going there.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: March 08, 2011, 11:06:23 pm »

Well this is odd.  For some reason I just had a Skeletal Giantess arrive.  I wasn't aware they came in the undead variety!
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: March 09, 2011, 12:20:15 am »

Four Giant Desert Scorpions arrived on my fortress site, wandered, woefully ignored my outside wooden door surrounded by cage traps, AND LEFT THE MAP. RAAAAAAAARGH ! Now my map has useless dralthas and camels on it. Not to mention the equally useless magma crabs who chill in my volcano. What am I going to do, stop the goblins with camels ???

On the plus side, I now have pots being made rather than barrels, I caught and subsequently tamed a female egg-laying (more like wealth-laying) cave crocodile as well as a giant olm and a giant bat. And am quantum stockpiling all my stone near my stone industries.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:21:46 am by Naryar »

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: March 09, 2011, 12:32:49 am »

What am I going to do, stop the goblins with camels ???

I've lost legendary adventurers to camels before. War camels are like the vengeful spirits of the desert. They will tear those Goblins apart.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: March 09, 2011, 03:54:06 am »

Hmmm, so, is he allergic to shellfish? or was he subjected to some fiendish water torture that involves mussels?

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:01 am »

Well this is odd.  For some reason I just had a Skeletal Giantess arrive.  I wasn't aware they came in the undead variety!
I had a zombie Ettin once.  :D
A litter of kittens might kill one... but c'mon, don't tell me a two-headed gigantic zombie isn't obscenely cool.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: March 09, 2011, 05:39:24 am »

Finally caught a GDS breeding pair, but the female is quite damaged because my main miner/mechanic went right into the cage traps when the female advanced into at the same time. I don't think it's going to hamper reproduction though.

My egg-laying area has now two female turkeys, one male giant cave spider, one female cave crocodile, one male giant desert scorpion and one female giant desert scorpion.

The turkeys must feel intimidated XD
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:44:19 am by Naryar »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: March 09, 2011, 09:10:24 am »

Finally caught a GDS breeding pair, but the female is quite damaged because my main miner/mechanic went right into the cage traps when the female advanced into at the same time. I don't think it's going to hamper reproduction though.

My egg-laying area has now two female turkeys, one male giant cave spider, one female cave crocodile, one male giant desert scorpion and one female giant desert scorpion.

Is that intended behaviour or what...?

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: March 09, 2011, 09:23:02 am »

In my current fort, I noticed that the name of the local Human civ is, "The Kingdom of Comedy," and they have a goblin general/drunk.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:13 am »

Ahahahahahaha[/badjoke]

Anyway, a dark strangler siege. They were torn apart. However, they seem to have came from two direcions, so that messed us up a bit.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:12 am »

Hmmm, so, is he allergic to shellfish? or was he subjected to some fiendish water torture that involves mussels?

I prefer to think mussels are just that sinister.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:09 am »

Is that intended behaviour or what...?

No, the male GCS isn't laying eggs. I just pastured it in to avoid the hell of a dog-kicking mess my meeting area is. And so it avoids chewing on dogs and other pets. Otherly said, a safe measure.

I should probably put it in a custom fortification at the entry of my fortress to throw silk on gobbos though.

I prefer to think mussels are just that sinister.

Zombie mussels ? They go out of the water and hop on their shells to attack your fisherdwarves ?

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: March 09, 2011, 12:09:23 pm »

My legendary metalsmith, Deler Zegushat, seems to be a bit on the big-headed side.

First he had a strange mood and crafted a zinc barrel (probably now storing plump helmets somewhere in my stockpiles). In a masterstroke of humbleness, he named it... Deler Zegushat.

And now I've ordered him to make lots of gold statues to adorn my fortress, and every one is either of the foundation of the fortress, or of himself, making an artifact barrel, named after himself.

I don't know what to say...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 3842