Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108729 times)

dehodson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10890 on: February 22, 2011, 11:38:15 pm »

Both artifacts on my current fort have been complete shit, two iron boots with nothing but "menaces with iron spikes" as their description. And to boot [no pun intended] one of the moods happened to be possessed so I only got one legendary out of all this  :(

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: February 22, 2011, 11:48:21 pm »

Both artifacts on my current fort have been complete shit, two iron boots with nothing but "menaces with iron spikes" as their description. And to boot [no pun intended] one of the moods happened to be possessed so I only got one legendary out of all this  :(

Look on the bright side, when you visit it in adventure mode you can take them and have a bona-fide pair of ass-kicking boots. Those menacing spikes'll come in handy when you're knee deep in a titan's innards.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: February 23, 2011, 01:37:00 am »

Imagelance is victorious!

Casualties: one rooster, a merchant, and a caravan guard. M'eh.

Also, the gathering of all the stone into a pile is nearing completion: I can see the stones scattered among the food grow scarcer... WHOOOHOOOOO!

Edit: And also my goblin zoo is getting really full. I might have to start work on that arena I'm planning...

Edit2: Holy crap I have idle dwarves again. Activating atomsmasher...

Edit3: Success! Much less crap cluttering up my fort. Whoohoo!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:14:18 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: February 23, 2011, 02:17:22 am »

My current fort has suffered an early catastrophy. A misplaced dig deignation caused me to accidentially peice the side of the riber, washing my only miner, as well as my farmer, off a cliff and into a second river. I now have resigned myself to build a wooden fort.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: February 23, 2011, 03:01:55 am »

:o

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

Again!

-stop! burrowtime!-

Edit: and I just checked... the last siege left in early winter. It is now late winter.

Of the same year.

Oh jeeze.

Edit2: They brought trolls! :D :D :D This may not be so boring after all...

Edit3: Their sheer numbers threaten to fill my cage traps. I may have to create more...

Edit4: OH FUCK. They keep coming... my cage traps cannot hold them all... I should have created weapon traps... goddamnit we're all gonna DIEEEEEE

Edit5: Wait. Fuck. I atomsmashed all my stone.

... we're all gonna die...

Edit6: OH. FUCK.

Liason just exited. But the gobbos saw, decided she was easy pickings (which she is) and ran after her. THEY'VE MADE IT PAST MY TRAPS OH FUCK

Edit7: Well. One past my traps. Time to swarm it with suicidal dwarves!!!!!

Edit8: We're all going to die. Horribly.

Edit9: Created a wall. Some dwarves are stuck outside but there is no way in HELL I'll let them in.

Edit10: They're... leaving?!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:55:39 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Neopolis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:59 am »

I commissioned my mason two make two statues which I could put next to the entrance. At first I was disappointed to see he had made two statues of elves. Then, when I checked, it turned out it was a statue of a human striking down an elf, and a statue of a tortoise fiend striking down an elf. I put them at my gates proudly, my civ is at war with the elves. If those hippies show up, they'll know what's waiting for them.

That mason didn't get rewarded properly, as he soon found his sleep interrupted by a troll who somehow managed to make his way up from the caverns. It was a rather dramatic battle. The troll attacked the mason, cutting open his hand, but the mason ran. My army (when I say "army" I mean two people with no weapons or armor: an experienced general and a less experienced sergeant) ran outside immediately. The sergeant ran in first, but she was struck down rather quickly. The general fought bravely, wounding the troll to the point where they would engage in a long chase across the bedrooms, interrupting everyone's sleep. Eventually the troll got tired of running and began strangling the general. He passed out. Panicking, I quickly drafted my miners into a militia, unhappy thoughts be damned. So as the troll was holding up the unconcious general, the miner attacked him from behind and chopped his head off in one hit.

That was a pretty epic battle.

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: February 23, 2011, 05:41:53 am »

ME: "AHH Jesus! A twisted one-eyed chameleon just sprayed frozen extract all over my soldiers. Now the hospital is literally filled with stinking miasma because their limbs and eyes are ROTTING OFF!!!"

MY GF: "Well at least you don't have to smell your fortress."

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: February 23, 2011, 07:28:05 am »

I got an artifact!
Unfortunately, not only was it a possession, it's a silver spear. I mean talk about useless...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Neopolis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:43 am »

I commissioned my mason two make two statues which I could put next to the entrance. At first I was disappointed to see he had made two statues of elves. Then, when I checked, it turned out it was a statue of a human striking down an elf, and a statue of a tortoise fiend striking down an elf. I put them at my gates proudly, my civ is at war with the elves. If those hippies show up, they'll know what's waiting for them.

That mason didn't get rewarded properly, as he soon found his sleep interrupted by a troll who somehow managed to make his way up from the caverns. It was a rather dramatic battle. The troll attacked the mason, cutting open his hand, but the mason ran. My army (when I say "army" I mean two people with no weapons or armor: an experienced general and a less experienced sergeant) ran outside immediately. The sergeant ran in first, but she was struck down rather quickly. The general fought bravely, wounding the troll to the point where they would engage in a long chase across the bedrooms, interrupting everyone's sleep. Eventually the troll got tired of running and began strangling the general. He passed out. Panicking, I quickly drafted my miners into a militia, unhappy thoughts be damned. So as the troll was holding up the unconcious general, the miner attacked him from behind and chopped his head off in one hit.

That was a pretty epic battle.

Luckily my sergeant was memorialized with an epic gravestone. ???

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: February 23, 2011, 10:48:52 am »

I got an artifact!
Unfortunately, not only was it a possession, it's a silver spear. I mean talk about useless...

I thought spears are still pretty decent since they pierce vital organs? Does the material matter when your heart just got speared?

LucyMarks

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:01 am »

So, I generated a new world with .19 and started a fort so that I could play with BEES.
My objective with this fort is to eventually invade hell by filling it with unfathomable amounts of BEES and using them to kill or weaken the demons. Or at least have some fun with !!BEE SCIENCE!!.
However, things aren't really going as planned... It seems my haulers don't know what the Armok is going on, as when I told my dwarves to haul my food from the wagon location to the fort, they promptly thought "You know what, Urist? Eff that." They decided to dump all my food in a lake. The only dwarf in my fort who's not crawling around searching for vermin is a miner with temporary labours enabled so that he can build a screw pump with which I'm going to drain the damn thing. This is going to be a fun fort :D

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:49 am »

I got an artifact!

I thought spears are still pretty decent since they pierce vital organs? Does the material matter when your heart just got speared?

Spears are pretty decent. Silver spears won't penetrate armor, however.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:52 pm »

Battleborn. it is the name of my newest fort and it tells all about it.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: February 23, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

Kobold ambush near the end of autumn. Lost my expedition leader/woodcutter/militia commander and things don't look good.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: February 23, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »

I don't remember ever getting a kobold ambush.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 3842