Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108610 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10845 on: February 21, 2011, 08:41:13 am »

- Started a new fort game in xx.19
- Noticed the lack of metal... ar anything besides slaystone.
- Built a claystone castle
- Noticed i forgot about the farm and still.
- Sent out a hunter
- Noticed that my animals starve to death.
- You must construct additional butcher shops.
- All the meat and prepared organs clogged the food supply.
- Build doors at the butcher shops to contain the miasma.
- One dwarf went fey.
- One dwarf made a Bone mace
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- One legendary bonecrafter died.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

AlBravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:55 am »

My first big siege: a troll squad, goblin bowman squad, goblin crossbow squad and a goblin hammerman squad.  Three dwarves were trapped outside of the fort during the lockdown.  One is a lasher and is surrounded by the troll squad.  He is surprisingly holding his own against 4 trolls.  He has whipped one in the throat, one in the skull and one in the liver.  Another dwarf sensibly ducked behind a line of cage traps.  The goblin hammer lord stepped right into the first trap and his squad is standing around the cage wondering what to do now.  And unfortunately the crossbow squad passed over a hill overlooking the fort defensive wall.  A single well aimed bolt impaled my High Master glassmaker through the heart as he was walking across the courtyard.  He stumbled into the keep and down the main stairs gushing blood the whole way.  He is currently resting in the stairwell.  I fear he is not long for this world.
Ancient Avatar

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: February 21, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »

A raccoon stole *plump helmet roast* 6, my cook went batshit and managed to kill both some random peasant and my only military dwarf at the time.

Now his friend/wife is also nearly tantruming...

Give her a big engraved bedroom with metal statues, that'll calm her.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: February 21, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »

"Tradgedy struck the fortress today. Two miners were caught in a recent cave in. The debris fell through two z-levels, striking and killing Estr Wordtastes and severely injuring Jimyel Laboredsweetness, who is currently recuperating at the Silix Swallowedtasted memorial hospital. Cheif medical Dwarf of the Silix Swallowedtasted, Ibez Cutejuggle, has this to say."
"He's in a bad way. Dead in fact. What? Oh, the other guy. He's got a broken arm and severe chafing, he'll be back and working in no time flat."
"We at Dorf News mourn for the loss, and for the family of the deceased. In other news, is a second catsplosion on the horizon? And can the butchers work fast enough to stop it? More on that at eleven."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: February 21, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »

It was winter and I didn't have lots of booze. People began to die from thirst. It started a tantrum spiral. When someone went berserk, I'd send my military to dispatch the berserk dwarf.
Now it's spring and most of the fort has been calmed down.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »

It was winter and I didn't have lots of booze. People began to die from thirst. It started a tantrum spiral. When someone went berserk, I'd send my military to dispatch the berserk dwarf.
Now it's spring and most of the fort has been calmed down.

I'm usually not so lucky when it comes to tantrum spirals. Mostly because I don't have a military and rely on traps and blockades to protect my fort.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: February 21, 2011, 01:50:20 pm »

Tooltrumpets is under siege by 5 goblin melee warbands and 3 troll squads.

The disturbing thing is that 2 of my forbidden doors have been magically taken by the enemy. I wonder if I've been infiltrated by Monarch Butterfly Combat Engineers...
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:59 pm »

I got ambushed for the first time.
They had a bunch of crossbowgoblins and a lasher, and they annihilated my military. I assigned new people to my squad and they dominated the goblins after they ran out of ammo.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:38 pm »

Tooltrumpets is under siege by 5 goblin melee warbands and 3 troll squads.

The disturbing thing is that 2 of my forbidden doors have been magically taken by the enemy. I wonder if I've been infiltrated by Monarch Butterfly Combat Engineers...

Thieves that you haven't detected yet. Always put a guard animal by an external door.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: February 21, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

After a terrible detour to prettier and horribly less complex games, I have returned to my dragon project... the underbelly is missing just one z-level, after which I can finally start working on the back. Building upwards is a hell lot of easier with narrowing constructs, indeed!
Construction related deaths have dropped, unfortunately. At least that one splattered puppy might still be in the joints somewhere... I forget, someone cleaned up the blood.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »

Wait, will your dorfs be living in that? You are a madman, sir. Don't stop.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: February 21, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »

Wait, will your dorfs be living in that?

I didn't originally plan for it, but then I figured, why the hell not?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: February 21, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

Grrrrr... My moody dwarfs keep asking for 3 stacks of bone. If this keeps up I will run out of animals. And they keep becoming useless bone carvers >.> (and training the dwarves in other skills probably wouldn't even help; last two moods were children)

At this point I'd rather have them have fey moods if they would just stop sapping the bone supply!

*sigh*, I am wistful for the days of goblin bone bolts...

[edit] And now! The child steals a (somewhat) rare and valuable copper bar out from the middle of my heap of near-worthless gold bars. While still using the bones of three different animals as the base of the item, of course.

[edit2: The Editing Strikes Back] For some reason the artifacts in this fort seem to be bugged. None of them have any descriptors other than 'all craftsdwarfship of the highest quality', and they are all valued like they were made entirely of bone rather than bone and several other mats (including emeralds in two of them).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:54:39 pm by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: February 21, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »

Thats a known bug to do with bone decorations

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: February 21, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »

Construction related deaths have dropped, unfortunately.

Scratch that. Two workers just fell a few levels when removing some excess parts. One dead, other should be back to finishing the tail after a few splints.
At least the cave-in was faster than removing floors one-by-one... Damn it, why couldn't it have been some of the mayor's kids? She has quite a lot of them in reserve anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 3842