Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108021 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10725 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:16 am »

In counsiledmines, the pace procedes unabated on the golden spire. in other news the fighting pit is half way finished, but may take a wile to be completed since the rest of the overground fortress needs building up more.

in the deep, mining continues unabated...
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: February 14, 2011, 05:43:18 am »

After I learned about the existance of bins, there was a massive stockpile cleanup reducing its size to like 1/10 with a lot of unused stockpile rooms left.

Now there is a massive atom smashing over 1000 goblin clothes and a lot of butchered animal corpse parts, which have no use in the current version, happening. The worst thing about that, is that you cannot mark items inside of a bin as dump directly in the bin view. You have to get to the item description first, to do that, otherwise the bin itself will be dumped too and you have to reclaim it at the dump site again, in order to save it.

And all this is happening at 14 FPS...

Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: February 14, 2011, 06:43:07 am »

I'm so happy I finally figured out how pumps work.

That should teach those Elves to come to MY trade depot.

Sums up DF - "I finally found out how pumps work" with a picture of alot of mud & where water has obviously been in large quantities :D
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: February 14, 2011, 08:01:15 am »

After I learned about the existance of bins, there was a massive stockpile cleanup reducing its size to like 1/10 with a lot of unused stockpile rooms left.

Now there is a massive atom smashing over 1000 goblin clothes and a lot of butchered animal corpse parts, which have no use in the current version, happening. The worst thing about that, is that you cannot mark items inside of a bin as dump directly in the bin view. You have to get to the item description first, to do that, otherwise the bin itself will be dumped too and you have to reclaim it at the dump site again, in order to save it.

Easy solution to the latter. Mass-forbid then mass-dump the bins you want emptied. Then go to the Z-stocks and undump any bins set to dumping. Then mass-reclaim your stockpile.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: February 14, 2011, 08:03:57 am »

I am colour-coding all my workshops by the profession that uses it, so e.g. carpenter's workshops are yellow, craftsdwarf's workshops are blue, fisheries are dark blue.

I have jewelers. Their workshops need to be bright green.

BUT THERE IS NO GABBRO, AND THUS NO GARNIERITE, ON MY MAP. WAAAAHH. I can't get any until I request some this fall and it comes next fall. That's about one and a half years from now. I'll just try and use microcline until then.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: February 14, 2011, 08:09:17 am »

Easy solution to the latter. Mass-forbid then mass-dump the bins you want emptied. Then go to the Z-stocks and undump any bins set to dumping. Then mass-reclaim your stockpile.

I just 'breeze' through stock menu, hitting f-d (in case you have set to forbid death items of others) or just d on narrow clothes.

At least, for me.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

karloss99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:44 am »

One Fox... ONE!!!!

my hunter is good but that f*king fox chews down copper arrows faster than my smith can make them.. :'(

i mean 50 bolts to kill one fox - that poor thing is refusing to die ...

Broken spine,  all legs, tail, can barely breathe... and my hunter just run off to reload..  :-\ seriously how can something with a broken spine even move....

Update - the fox is dead... after walking like 20 tiles with broken spine... Now just to get that corpse butchered before it rots away...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:42:51 am by karloss99 »

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: February 14, 2011, 10:45:19 am »

it says bone and wooden ammo does more damage to unarmoured target than metal ammo could.
but assigning ammo seems a bit wacky.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: February 14, 2011, 11:26:49 am »

I hate surface z levels, I needed my starting miners to be legendary fast, and there was a hilly area just northwest of my wagon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's gone now. There were also some rats running around underneath all of that taunting my cat. I now have less cat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:28:59 am by PwndJa »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: February 14, 2011, 11:29:16 am »

One question though:
Where are your dwarves?  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:18 am »

They were over by the wagon ~20 tiles away. I used a support to drop it so none of them would die.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: February 14, 2011, 11:50:00 am »

cool.
"No dwarves were intentionally harmed during the making of this film/picture/whatever."
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: February 14, 2011, 11:52:14 am »

cool.
"No Almost all dwarves were intentionally harmed during the making of this film/picture/whatever."
Fixed it for you.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: February 14, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

They were over by the wagon ~20 tiles away. I used a support to drop it so none of them would die.
I was referring to this.
But that is correct, in general.
I feel like writing that out in DF...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: February 14, 2011, 01:02:54 pm »

Trying to catch some of these unicorns running around as their bones aren't in my stockpiles where they belong.
Now that my post is on topic, I'll ask a question not worthy of a thread: Is there any way to lure animals into my traps? Rhesus Macaque and other thieves can obviously be lured with high value objects, but would a bear go after a fish? Searching has turned up no results, but I also didn't search very hard.
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 3842