Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107674 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10680 on: February 12, 2011, 12:11:47 pm »

Playing normally...

"The Kushala Daora BlaBlaBla has come!" (mod)

send military.

FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
my military died in 5 seconds, 50+ dwarves died.

what? caravan guards killed it? ?i think i won't have any f...

"The Forgotten Beast BlaBlaBla has come! ... Beware his fire!"
!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: February 12, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »

I'm facepalming right now.  One draltha somehow killed 6 dwarves, including 2 poorly armed military ones.  Time to wall off the caverns until I feel that my military can successfully kill a groundhog without any losses.

Edit: Now most of my military has been killed by a combination of 4 dralthas and a bugbat.  RAGE

Edit2: I've lost a total of 18 dwarves to this fiasco.  It's FUBAR.  Several more invalids are about to be purged.  One of them is in a fey mood at a clothier's.  And somehow, something destroyed part of the bridge system that leads to the outside.  Tantruming dwarf?  In any case, I'm hopeful that I can survive the incoming tantrum spiral.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:58:12 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: February 12, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

Killed the elvish merchants two years in a row now. The first time I accidentally offered them a bin or something. The second year I have no idea, as nothing I offered was made from wood, and I don't exactly decorate with the stuff. The best I can think is that I offered them something from the first elf killing, and they didn't like it, though I still didn't see any wood there.

I'm also having people die of infection, so I think it's about time to start a soap industry.

And finally, I'm confused by the recent drop in FPS. I don't know what it's at, but it's far too low for only have 60 dwarves and an almost 2d fort. Hopefully my trash compactor will get up and running soon and that will fix the problem. But really, I have no idea why it's dropping at all.

Edit: Sweet! I just caught a fricken giant. Wonder what I'm going to do with it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:49:22 pm by malimbar04 »
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: February 12, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »

Tombamaze the 23a fort has started it's third year! I've begun diging out metalsmith rooms by the magma forge and magma smelter. Lost two miners to an abandoned flood the world with magma project. Getting ready to make steel armor and weapons for my soldiers. Waiting for spring migrants. Maybe elves.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: February 12, 2011, 04:20:56 pm »

I'm am preparing to declare war on a circus. I'm getting lots of candy ready. The clowns won't know what hit them until after they're chewing the bones of my dwarves. It's only year two, anyone think it's too early?

Handleshoots just received an immigrant who is both an Expert Bone Doctor and Expert Bone Carver. Should I be concerned?

Not weird at all. My doctors are all excellent butchers. Wait, is their a difference?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:26:49 pm by Urist is dead tome »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: February 12, 2011, 04:33:33 pm »

I'm am preparing to declare war on a circus. I'm getting lots of candy ready. The clowns won't know what hit them until after they're chewing the bones of my dwarves. It's only year two, anyone think it's too early?
not at all. I set up my auto cave-in trap in 5 months  :P
(((but candy at year 2 is kinda too much.)))
Handleshoots just received an immigrant who is both an Expert Bone Doctor and Expert Bone Carver. Should I be concerned?
Not weird at all. My doctors are all excellent butchers. Wait, is their a difference?
No.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: February 12, 2011, 04:34:21 pm »

no. send him outside to talk with the troll bone doctors about their "medicine"...

Just kidding. That's awesome! (The doctor part ;)) Just make him part of your med team. Nothing bad will happen.

Wait! Next time he operates, check the bone.

A dwarf might have a figurine-bone

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »

So, I'm building a tower to Armok to sacrifice captured gobbos with. And elves.

I'm on the eighth z, and my jewler accidentally walled himself in (it's actually a tower-within-a-tower.
He got walled in while removing a floor), and I said that the best thing to do was to remove the wall. I do this, and he gets caught under a collapsing ceiling, and penetrated into my housing district.

Needless to say, I was confused, especially since it was a delayed reaction from 1 z-level up. Apparently, he got crushed from a floor being disconnected when I removed the wall. But, like I said, it was delayed. I had designated 3 floor constructions over his head, as it turned out.

He got killed by a falling designation. Apparently the game suddenly decided "Hey, I think this is supposed to exist now," and it fell down. ??? :o
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »

I'm on the eighth z, and my jewler accidentally walled himself in (it's actually a tower-within-a-tower.
He got walled in while removing a floor), and I said that the best thing to do was to remove the wall. I do this, and he gets caught under a collapsing ceiling, and penetrated into my housing district.

Needless to say, I was confused, especially since it was a delayed reaction from 1 z-level up. Apparently, he got crushed from a floor being disconnected when I removed the wall. But, like I said, it was delayed. I had designated 3 floor constructions over his head, as it turned out.

Oh, and apparently he deleted my bar/block pile 4 z
s down.

He got killed by a falling designation. Apparently the game suddenly decided "Hey, I think this is supposed to exist now," and it fell down. ??? :o
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

not at all. I set up my auto cave-in trap in 5 months  :P
(((but candy at year 2 is kinda too much.)))

I found a lot of candy in the caverns. Are picks of candy a good idea? 'Cause I usually have a separate squad for miners.

Why bother with a tower? Build a terrarium arena for elves and goblins to fight it out.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: February 12, 2011, 05:22:38 pm »

FPS death to Catpaddles.  After a good 12 year run I got yet another siege of over 100 attacking goblins/humans/elves/dwarves (those goblins love to kidnap it seems) plus their mounts has brought my FPS down from a 10 to a 1 and under.  Right as soon as the siege was declared I wait about 15 minutes and almost no dwarves, or siegers, have reached halfway to the frontlines.  I think I'm gonna need to edit my world values to stop at around 50-60 z-levels or something in my next fort...

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »

Tombamaze the 23a fort has had it's human caravan ambushed by wild horses! The elves must be at war with them! (The humans, not the horses)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »

Ingish Kosothnebel, Woodcutter cancels Fell Tree: Interrupted by Ent.

Uh-oh...

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: February 12, 2011, 07:21:08 pm »

Marksdwarves are training by patrolling my road for human wagons. It will protect against both horses and thieves!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: February 12, 2011, 07:21:47 pm »

The fortress at Diamondnarrow just got wiped out by two ambushes in back-to-back seasons in year 3.  The first one was all marksgoblins (eight of them), and they wiped out a large portion of my workforce.  Just as I finally got the 18 dead buried, a second wave appeared with more marksgobs as well as some axegobs this time.  As if to spare me the horror, DF decided to crash to desktop; apparently that is code for "the overseer takes a gobbo arrow the skull!"

Apparently I need to do a better job of defense.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 3842