Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107667 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10665 on: February 11, 2011, 08:08:16 pm »

Well, the Frogman siege is just sitting outside my fort.  There's a perfectly nice way for them to path in, but they're just sitting there.  Haven't even captured their leaders or anything.  They just stopped.  I've even stopped paying attention to them.  Meanwhile, the candy industry is slowly getting going.  Stupid candydwarves aren't working fast enough.  Starting with breastplates and then moving on to other armour.  Steel weapons for now.

Edit: I am anger.  The candy let out the clowns, who, like the creepy-ass mofos they are, decided to break up my happy party with their creepiness.  I am anger.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:58:27 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: February 11, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »

The Syrups of War are training and preparing for the inevitable FB attack in the second cavern. I have a secretive clothier and the dwarven caravan just came. Things are good. I also caught two blind cave ogres. 
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:46 pm »

So some merchants showed up, but I was having trouble with my trade depot being accessible, so they never really moved after arriving.
Within a few minutes I got a message that one of the merchants had gone stark raving mad. The guy went berserk and killed 2 of my later migrants.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »

a militia commander just scrathed a goblin in the head, tore out both eyes, shattered the skull, serverd tendons, and shredded the brain.  All I can think is that this guy really needs to cut his nails.
Nom nom nom

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: February 12, 2011, 12:31:25 am »

Well, the Frogman siege is just sitting outside my fort.  There's a perfectly nice way for them to path in, but they're just sitting there.  Haven't even captured their leaders or anything.  They just stopped.  I've even stopped paying attention to them.  Meanwhile, the candy industry is slowly getting going.  Stupid candydwarves aren't working fast enough.  Starting with breastplates and then moving on to other armour.  Steel weapons for now.

Edit: I am anger.  The candy let out the clowns, who, like the creepy-ass mofos they are, decided to break up my happy party with their creepiness.  I am anger.
Frogmen only have access to helms as armor. Mailshirts cover arms, are lighter and are one bar cheaper to produce. But I'm not sure if your fort still stand to make good use of that info ;p
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: February 12, 2011, 12:58:44 am »

Twelve years of Belltowers.  I'm kind of excited...had my first animals die of old age and FPS is holding up decently.  My goal is to have a multi-generational fortress and maybe even achieve the goal of dwarves dying of old age.  It'll take another 70 or so years, though, even for the oldest ones.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: February 12, 2011, 01:16:29 am »

Frogmen only have access to helms as armor. Mailshirts cover arms, are lighter and are one bar cheaper to produce. But I'm not sure if your fort still stand to make good use of that info ;p

Well, I'll remember it for this fort.  Speaking of which, merchants keep dying when they arrive on site.  That just happened to my first caravan.  Just died as soon as he spawned.  Must've gotten ambushed along the way or something.  I'll have to check it out in Legends mode...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: February 12, 2011, 01:18:14 am »

Handleshoots just received an immigrant who is both an Expert Bone Doctor and Expert Bone Carver. Should I be concerned?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: February 12, 2011, 01:46:33 am »

Handleshoots just received an immigrant who is both an Expert Bone Doctor and Expert Bone Carver. Should I be concerned?
no. send him outside to talk with the troll bone doctors about their "medicine"...

Just kidding. That's awesome! (The doctor part ;)) Just make him part of your med team. Nothing bad will happen.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #10674 on: February 12, 2011, 04:36:19 am »

Ambush! 6 cloth-armored gobbos with copper weapons against 6 fully iron equipped dwarves.
In my mind i was already thinking...

"You struck Goblinite!"

A good source of iron and copper.
Cost: some fisherdwarves, woodcutters, or soldiers lifes

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: February 12, 2011, 05:22:26 am »

I feel like King Harold here. Swinging my troops all over the place north, south, east, and west. Not only am I afraid that the troops will drop of exhaustion, but that they'll die of thirst as well seeing as they have been dehydrated fighting these monsters for an extended period of time now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: February 12, 2011, 07:51:17 am »

Wow. I must try FD and Genesis some time...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shrapull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: February 12, 2011, 11:37:20 am »

Nooo.  After battling infection and several severely injured organs for nearly a month, Dr. Remy 'Thirteen' Hadley passed away in the hospital.  The crossbow bolt to her liver was probably what caused the infection.  In a furious vengeance, I constructed a 17 Z-level pit of Sparta and had a record 86 caged Goblins tossed down into it, the other 13 were tossed into the 'arena pit' with serrated discs and corkscrews everywhere.  Not enough blood has been spilled.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: February 12, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

Big fort by a volcano with an outdoor farming area. Aside from a number of ambushes, two giants came to visit. When my military met the first one out in the wilderness, he dodged into the empty murky pool I had drained for my underground water source, which I had not yet walled off. He quickly learned how to swim and began chasing farmers around until I drafted all 40 dwarves down there and they dogpiled on him like American football until he was exhausted and the military came down and chopped his head off.

A giantess, who I assume was his wife, came to visit a month later in a blind rage and angrily stumbled right into a cage trap. I've been waiting for their kids to come avenge their deaths but thus far nothing.

At present, I have made 58 dwarves into dedicated haulers with all other labors are on standstill. I have zero idlers. That's how much goblinite there is to harvest outside. Of course, my FPS is at a consistent 22-38 right now so no wonder they're taking forever to haul it all.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: February 12, 2011, 12:07:08 pm »

I feel like King Harold here. Swinging my troops all over the place north, south, east, and west. Not only am I afraid that the troops will drop of exhaustion, but that they'll die of thirst as well seeing as they have been dehydrated fighting these monsters for an extended period of time now.

Man I hope you have a good rig to support all that clutter.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 3842