Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107557 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10635 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:29 pm »

shit.
body count and survivors?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: February 10, 2011, 02:14:59 pm »

Also I don't get why that child isn't listed to recieve any sort of punishment after murdering two dwarves.
Aren't kids exempt from justice?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: February 10, 2011, 03:32:32 pm »

I played around with worldgen settings for a bit and produced an amazing region with a massive freshwater lake surrounded by cliffs and all sorts of interesting islands inside. I also discovered the "show caves" setting, which resulted in embarking on top of a kobold outpost. Time for some genocide.

Please please please post it so all can enjoy its awesomeness!
OK, if you really want me to...
Code: [Select]
[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:LARGE REGION]
[SEED:438221530]
[HISTORY_SEED:4107861790]
[NAME_SEED:3275372780]
[CREATURE_SEED:4067870760]
[DIM:257:257]
[EMBARK_POINTS:1274]
[END_YEAR:1050]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:300:80]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]
[ELEVATION:1:400:800:800]
[RAINFALL:0:100:400:400]
[TEMPERATURE:25:75:400:400]
[DRAINAGE:0:100:400:400]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:400:400]
[SAVAGERY:0:100:400:400]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:75]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:150]
[TITAN_NUMBER:33]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:52]
[NIGHT_CREATURE_NUMBER:52]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:100:1000:2000]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:100:1000:2000]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:50]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:2]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[VOLCANO_MIN:20]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:1032:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:1032:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:4128:13:12]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:8256:9:9]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:8256:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:8256:13:12]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:8256:13:12]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:250]
[RIVER_MINS:400:400]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:2750]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:5]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:100]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:200]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:40]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:15000]
[SITE_CAP:1500]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[RAIN_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
Let me know if it works for you. The giant inland sea is in the northwest.

Just for shits & giggles, I uploaded a graphic.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:58:10 pm by bucket »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »

Macaques are hardcore.  A goblin ambush showed up at my well defended fort, and just out of dumb luck ended up driving a pack(?) of macaques in front of them into my defenses.  A single pair of macaques took direct hits from TWO bronze ballissta bolts from a legendary siege operator and are still standing.

Spoiler: gamelog (click to show/hide)
I think I have a new fearful respect of monkeys.

The goblins on the other hand had a swordsgob take a glancing blow to the hand and pass out from pain.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:49:15 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

D3matt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: February 10, 2011, 04:26:58 pm »

I played around with worldgen settings for a bit and produced an amazing region with a massive freshwater lake surrounded by cliffs and all sorts of interesting islands inside. I also discovered the "show caves" setting, which resulted in embarking on top of a kobold outpost. Time for some genocide.

Please please please post it so all can enjoy its awesomeness!
OK, if you really want me to...
<snip>
I don't think that's what he meant...

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: February 10, 2011, 05:48:00 pm »

Engraved on the wall is a superiorly designed image of Stlididraymin the kobold and 'Kobaldbane' Torchletter the dwarf by Muthkat Iderith. 'Kobaldbane' Torchletter is striking down Stildodraymin. The artwork relates to the killing of the kobold Stlididraymin by the dwarf 'Kobaldbane' Torchletter with an ashen shield in Lanceamaze in the late winter of 1051 during the Third Attempted Theft at Lanceamaze.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: February 10, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »

In my current fortress, all my dwarves engravings, statues and artwork seems to be of elves killing and mutilating dwarves.
I dont understand it, I havent had any fights with the elves (in fact the only battles we've had so far are with groundhogs). But the dwarven artists seem to revel in reminding us all of how badass elves are. Ive got a statue in my entrance hall depicting an elf smashing out a dwarfs front teeth...... and really my dorfs couldnt be happier about it.
I like to imagine the images are accompanied by the words 'NEVAR FORGET!!!' underneath.

Also I have a well with  a dead dwarf at the bottom. Nobody seems to mind.

MadJax

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Muppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »

On my third consecutive siege (20+ goblins each time) with only a military of 10 swordsdorfs decked out in full-steel. So far lost 3 men and completly routed all 3 sieges (Without the use of cage traps, stone traps were depleted in the first wave and weapons traps were jammed during the second) My guys have gone from proficient to master swordsdwarves, with titles on all but one and 3 named swords.

Pretty awesome actually as they're holding the bottleneck whilst the civilians hide below.
Dwarven Math:

Dorf + Magma + Insane Project = SCIENCE!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: February 10, 2011, 10:34:27 pm »

I have to start over ... my game blew up when I tried to save it just before leaving for work today, and I -really- don't feel like replaying three months worth of masonry orders on my curtain wall without being able to fix some other stuff that annoyed me.  New fort it is.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: February 10, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »

Dear Snakemen of someplaceIdon'tcare about,

Please, for the love of all that is scaly, stop ambushing the Illithid ambushers. You're killing all of our cannon fodder. I know, you've proven that Illthids really suck, despite the stories about them. We proved it too, one of our soldiers has killed ten of them (he is missing a hand, mind you) and still didn't die. I trust that you will decide to attack a more worthy foe.

Come on.

30 steel-clad combatants are waiting for you.

Dear Illithids of someplaceIstilldon'tcareabout,

You better start running/flying faster. Snakemen are hot on your facial tentacles.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:04 am »

Gah, just when everything's going well...

Had dug out my magma forge area above the sea, had struck the top of a vein of candy, designated thousands upon thousands of tiles to be smoothed, had witnessed an epic showdown between a Goblin siege and a War Wolf siege, in which the gobbos won because they bows and the war wolves didn't.  And then there was the less-epic showdown between the victorious gobbos and a couple squad of White Tigermen, who SMASHED the gobbos thanks to numbers and the fact that the gobbos were more or less outta ammo.  And finally, drove off the Tigerman siege by dropping all four of the squads at once off of my 7 Z-level drop bridge, then shooting them with my novice bowsmith squad as training.

An hour's work, and then Windows decides that, unbeknowst to me (I was in full-screen mode), it'll do its update restart!   :'(
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: February 11, 2011, 01:24:08 am »

^ If it was me I'd have joined the fray and ganged the gobbos with the war wolves. Metal arrows are hard to come by in such abundance amount regardless of material.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: February 11, 2011, 02:48:52 am »

I started a new fortress using the Wizard mod for Genesis. I managed to find a major river that cuts cleanly through a mountain, with a minor river on top of the mountain flowing in a waterfall into the major river. A beautiful place, and a great place to erect a Wizard's Tower!

I decided to channel the minor river off the edges in a way that water blocks off my embark. However, this has led to some issues... Because the water is about 1/7 at the very edge of the cliff (which is 100% a cliff, for 21 Z-Layers), my Urist McCarpenter decided he would try and cross it. Needless to say, he died upon colliding with the water 21 Z-Layers below. This followed a wave of some seven migrants, all but three of which died the same fate.

The part about the carpenter dying was rather annoying. The migrants however made me laugh quite heartily as they were flung off the cliff into the major river below. This is quite easily my most hilarious facepalm moment.
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: February 11, 2011, 04:06:55 am »

Inksquids has it's second disappointing siege. 

Despite me being in a massive remodelling project with a huge gap on top of the fortress, the 26 goblin mace and hammerers (mounted on giant bats) are sitting just below the  plateau where my open gates, lined with traps all filled with trolls, await.

Seriously, open roof into the fort, and no more traps (all full) and they are just sitting there.  While I underestimate the power of pumps and flood half the magma forge level....

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: February 11, 2011, 08:47:16 am »

^ If it was me I'd have joined the fray and ganged the gobbos with the war wolves. Metal arrows are hard to come by in such abundance amount regardless of material.

I actually had one of the dwarves in my fort get peppered with bismuth bronze arrows.  He was a purple pincushion.  And there were about a dozen left after he was brought to the hospital.  I guess HE was the dwarf with the ONE steel breastplate, hah.  I've been too lazy to get steel or candy production up just yet.  But that's what's coming down the line today!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 3842