Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107513 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10590 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A human siege vs a goblin siege riding war Jaguars? Have fun cleaning up after that one  8)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: February 07, 2011, 09:40:30 pm »

...WTF mate?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:13 pm »

While attempting to secure the volcano for maximum profit and weapons making, one of my miners fell into it because of some bad channeling. Damn, now i have 1 miner.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »

...WTF mate?

Looks like FD?  Looks like FUN!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Redukt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:02 pm »

Flare: That is awesome.

My new embark group is called "The Dead Smith", the fort is called "Bronzebasin", and the ocean on the embark site seems to have withdrawn ominously. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: February 07, 2011, 11:31:39 pm »

A human siege vs a goblin siege riding war Jaguars? Have fun cleaning up after that one  8)

Those aren't jaguars, those are giants, orgres, and fire breathing two headed humanoid monstrosities with copper armor equipment up to steel.
Here's the southern hills ablaze due to a poorly aimed fire burst that hit a goblin on the way. Notice the lines of jotunn at the middle of the causeway. I didn't want to waste any more bolts than I had already, so I charged them with 17 dwarves in two squads.

This happens a few times every single season from my experience of FD, I don't know if this is normal or not.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: February 07, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »

This happens a few times every single season from my experience of FD, I don't know if this is normal or not.
It does if you dont clean up the mess.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:25 am »

Nothing interesting seems to happen around here besides that singular titan attack.

I was having my military butcher the elven and orcish caravans so the cobald caravan could trade with me, and one of my soldiers in the marksman squad spontaneously decided to start shooting at some wyverns halfway across the map, where they ought to be out of his LOS. He wasted all his ammunition and is now standing there like a retard trying to stare them to death. (which might work if he gets angry enough)

The unfortunate thing is that the troops only managed to chase down one of the elves after killing her pack mule.
The next best thing occurring is the parade of child snatchers arriving. Only one of them made off with a baby because they miraculously went undetected with all the traffic going in and out of the gates. I honestly don't get what advantage the goblins could possibly get from sending these idiots out here to essentially die, only 1 in 3 coming back alive on average and only 1 in 100 actually making off with a child...

I created a hospital because that last guy stabbed our chief medical dorf in the foot on the way out and he's not resting, and immediately about 4 people stop what they're doing to go take a nap. 3 of them had nothing worse than light scratches that probably amount to nothing worse than cutting yourself on a piece of rusty garbage by accident, and 1 has a broken ankle. The chief medical dorf was rescued and isn't moving but is still not listed as resting, so I guess being stabbed in the foot was enough to make him suicidal. His loss, the town sheriff/architect/new chief medical dwarf has been infinitely more useful to us.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:52 am »

The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: February 08, 2011, 08:22:46 am »

Oops. Acidentally dug into the river. There goes Busttown- and it had 79 dwarves, too...
Next time I'm building a wall between the river and my farms once it's flooded to prevent this sort of thing.

Time to abandon.  :o That was Fun. Time to start Riverrun.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:28:30 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: February 08, 2011, 08:58:21 am »

I'm building a more asethetic fort with an aboveground castle. The first z-level - Carpentry!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

OddProphet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: February 08, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

I've had a problem harvesting Goblinite, so I built myself a trap of sorts.

1. Tether bears to the insides of a courtyard (10x10).
2. Station military in 5x5 rooms extending from the courtyard, separated by forbidden doors.
3. When siegers gather to attack bears, unforbid doors.
4. Raise entrance and exit drawbridges.
5. Laugh.  Maniacally.  No matter what happens.
6. (Optional) If military is quashed, mass conscripts and charge, like under equipped Russian infantry.
7. Laugh harder.
They aren't coffins: They're lunchboxes 

Mace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:30 pm »

my fortress is dieing :(
not to massive sieging
not to FB's or titans

...to cats (struggling to figure out how the trap systems work)
 /wrists

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: February 08, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »

Elves turned up just when I ran out of cloth.
And brought none.

My latest migrant wave will now be wrestling naked for the duration.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: February 08, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »

my fortress is dieing :(
not to massive sieging
not to FB's or titans

...to cats (struggling to figure out how the trap systems work)
 /wrists

Burrow all your dwarves in a room with a non-pet-passable door, then flood the fortress with magma (or water, if you've got non-magmasafe valuables and the exits are cut off.)
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 3842