Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108057 times)

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10500 on: February 04, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »

I'm testing out my half-finished Tolkien mod. I've embarked at Udirgor, "Blackpit". Neighbours include two Orc civs and the Haradrim, all snatchers, and Noldorin and Sindarin elves, with whom I'm at war. Since I've disabled the Grower profession for dwarves, I expect to have large amounts of Fun with this fort...

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #10501 on: February 04, 2011, 04:25:44 pm »

...Oh my...  :-[ Ah, please do pardon my harsh language, but I am very pissed off by upset with those worthless, retard undisciplined layabout recruits who don't even have the good sense and decency to train in their barracks like good little meatshields proper soldiers. I WANT BLOOD, AND YOU BASTARDS ARE GONNA GIVE ME SOME, EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE DELIVERED TO ME ON THE EDGE OF A GOBLIN'S SWORD. I really don't want you to get hurt, so please train yourselves FOR THE INEVITABLE SLAUGHTER in case goblins decide to attack our fine village of Stabbedgirder.

According to the wiki, squads need to be "standing down" to begin training. Haven't touched 40d in a while but I do remember that sparring happened with little fuss.

Oh, thanks. :D That's nice to know.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: February 04, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

Interesting event in Baldedgilds.  Killer Pete was my first community named dwarf -- a master bone carver, but his medical skills were more urgently needed.  He never carved a bone, only mended them.  Poor guy never got to follow his dreams.

Lastnight, one of my squad captains took a fell mood and made a table out of him.  The irony!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »

yep. so are walls.
hatches cannot be destroyed from below either.

Is that true? No wonder my FBs have been avoiding my "inviting" hatch.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: February 04, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

Can someone help me mod the raws so I have Alien. Like the whole hive structure, I want face-huggers, drones, warriors, queens and praetorians. And I want the lifecycle perfect. I'd also like to make them a civ, so that they would seige me with dozens of aliens... And face-huggers could get past locked doors. I don't know what could be more !!FUN!! than this.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: February 04, 2011, 05:26:33 pm »

Knight, modding goes here.

Still, I doubt anything can get through locked doors - they're either opened or wholly destroyed.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: February 04, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

sorry, its early morning here and im not thinking right yet. everyone disregard the fact that i ever posted here.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: February 04, 2011, 05:46:38 pm »

Ugosharak has been founded. Hollowshaft, my planned sinkhole fort. Intended to wind around a 200+ level fall into molten rock.

Group name is the Fortification of Plunging, which I liked a lot. Most of my dwarfs worship The Crystalline Deeps, a dwarf with love of fire, magma, metal and caverns. I think we're going to get on well.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #10508 on: February 04, 2011, 05:57:48 pm »

Stabbedgirder has had its first real mood! (No, Urist McDumbassjeweler, I do not count possessions as real moods, especially if all they produce are perfect gemstones) A young boy, Ablel Worksmoothness, went secretive and claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop, demanding shells, bones, and metal bars. I temporarily turned on fishing for one of the layabout peasants, built a fishery, and waited. Once the peasant had caught and stored a turtle in the food stockpile. I then ordered the turtle to be cleaned. After the cleaning was done, I inspected the Fishery. Seeing no shells, I remembered seeing a post where someone mentioned offhand that the 2010 Fishery was different from the 40d fishery in that the former produced the shells from cleaning fish, whilst in the latter the shells wouldn't be produced until a dwarf ate the cleaned sea-critter. So I forbade all food other than the turtle, and waited.

Eventually, a peasant got hungry and went to the food stockpile (I believe it was even the same peasant who caught the turtle...), chowing down on the only thing that wasn't forbidden: the turtle. Another dwarf then swooped in and grabbed the remains of the turtle and brought it to the outside refuse stockpile next to the depot and the Craftsdwarf's Shop, where the our Child Prodigy grabbed the shells and bones from the turtle, along with a bar of iron from the Trade Depot, and began work on his artifact. A short while later, I received the announcement that young Worksmoothness had created Thoth Unol, 'The Auras of Soul', a turtle bone mask.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: February 04, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »

So, my fort is boring. I want a siege or an ambush. i have guards just waiting at my etrance. i have catapults and archer towers. What is the requirement for a siege? I have 80 or so dwarves, and over 250,000 wealth. I also have a 30 dwarf military.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: February 04, 2011, 06:04:13 pm »

I don't know... last time I checked, my mussels were quickly separated into a cleaned mussel and a shell.

Still, who knows. Maybe I didn't look properly.

Also, who is he now? A bone carver?

Also, the requirement for a siege... what you have sounds about right. You also need goblin neighbours, but that you probably have if your world is medium or larger.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: February 04, 2011, 06:06:23 pm »

Petty Dwarf thieves just arrived. I forgot to give their entity acces to daggers, so they got chopped up pretty easily...

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: February 04, 2011, 06:07:35 pm »

Also, the requirement for a siege... what you have sounds about right. You also need goblin neighbours, but that you probably have if your world is medium or larger.
I have had goblin snatchers. It's three years old and I want FUN.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: February 04, 2011, 06:21:12 pm »

Someone ring up that engraver, I want that description on every gravestone in the fortress!

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: February 04, 2011, 07:13:53 pm »

I don't know... last time I checked, my mussels were quickly separated into a cleaned mussel and a shell.

Still, who knows. Maybe I didn't look properly.

Also, who is he now? A bone carver?

Yup, he's a legendary bone carver. When he grows up, that boy is gonna bone bolt making machine.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 3842