Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108085 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10485 on: February 04, 2011, 07:42:38 am »

Parts 57 and 58 of my LP are up.

I kind of forgot to post links here so I may have missed some. So if you don't know what's going on, here's a quick summary; goblins are massive pricks and I'm terrible at managing this fortress.
You seem to omit every second or third post, but it's easy enough to make sure that one reads them all over there.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: February 04, 2011, 10:13:02 am »

Constructing the Ara Pacis to celebrate ten years of Belltowers...whenever there are no goblins on the map, its doors will be tightly closed and forbidden, and when they're here it will be open.

My dwarves wear togas and tunics as native clothing items, so I feel it's appropriate.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: February 04, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

a crossbowman spotted an unicorn on his patrol, emtied his load of bony bolts onto the creature, stunning it with pain and proceeded to engage it in melee. 2 recruits joined him later and after 150 pages of punching, bashing and kicking the unicorn finally managed to die.

On the other hand, an elephant will systematically kill any dwarfs in 10 turns with wrestling ::)

2 recruits immediately charged to yet an another unicorn and only one got to see an another day.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: February 04, 2011, 10:41:46 am »

I accidentally set one of my bridges to retract rather than raise, so a Goblin ambush ran in and killed everyone bar the expedition leader who is tantruming whilst resting his broken hand.

Oh, and a kitty is still alive.

Edit: Kitty's now dead. :(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:50:08 am by Malakai Makaisson »

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: February 04, 2011, 11:04:42 am »

My soldiers are currently dealing with a winged slug that shoots acid.
Meanwhile I have a feather covered hedgehog isolated in a tower that I have dropped 6 levels. He lived through the collapse somehow, but he is trapped forever in a deep pit.

While my army is dealing with these problems, my peasants are hiding from a siege of goblins and trolls. The trolls have broken all my traps and are working on the front door.

Fortunately most of the trolls were killed by outside interference. In the form of a bronze colossus that is now using a goblin's helmet as a boxing glove.

Doomedfools live up to their name.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: February 04, 2011, 11:18:46 am »

A dolomite weapon rack artifact. Named Isholdur. Well, I guess it is a holder for weapons...

Shame it was a possession. Still, it'll be great to put in my barracks...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: February 04, 2011, 11:25:20 am »

So after the crash that occurred last time, I loaded the game after the last autosave about a month before the titan had shown up. I went about minding my own business, figuring that the game based the appearance of titans on random chance and I wouldn't see another one. Oh gods was I wrong;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Organic this time, infinitely more dangerous than the last. I figure my dorfs have about half a second to tear down the bridge before it comes slithering across and devours them all.  :-X
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:33 am »

Playing the wasteland mod and ended up having my first caravan end in blood shed, somehow slapping on Zombie mode from Dfusion causes folks to go on a rampage of death. I save one merchant from being killed by a psychopath Crusher who ended up bashing at my door for her until I pulled the lever which lead to him being atom smashed into the door(didn't know you can atom smash vertically as well horizontally). Pretty much the front gate is loaded with bodies and I still haven't figure out a way to properly zombie proof my butcher shop. So far I have sealed off the room and send in the military.
so far the best way to bypass the zombie revival is to cage trap the stop they died and toss them into magma or dig a hole for them and seal it, or build a wall. The FUN part is that I don't have enough wood to waste on zombie proofing the outside and saving my men from doom that and we keep running out of meat!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #10493 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »

After growing bored with my old forts, and becoming generally frustrated with DF 2010 due to a number of separate incidents involving losing entire seasons' worth of progress due to game crashing at inopportune times -- the most ragequit worthy instance being the crashing right as the seasonal autosave was about to kick in. So, turned with my most current fort after suffering such an absurdly infuriating setback, and awaiting my turn in Wooddipped, I figured I might as well download one of the older, supposedly more stable versions of DF: DF 40d, in which many of the presently buggy or dummied out older features, such as dungeon masters, real nobles, and even the utterly broken economy, actually "worked" (under a very loose definition of the term). So, armed with no more than a simple Dorfs-only tileset and a vague notion of what awaited me, I started it up and genned a world.

... To put it simply, my first impressions were rather underwhelming. Some of the key-bindings were different and less intuitive than DF 2010, and a number of things that I, who had only started playing not even half a year ago, took for granted were notably absent, such as 2010's considerably more in depth world-gen options, training weapons, geological diversity, and (literal) depth.

But, putting those things aside, it's still fun, and I've mostly gotten the hang of it, with the exception of one thing: the military. I can form squads, equip, and activate the soldiers, but for the life of I just can't get the bearded twits to spar. COME ON, DAMMIT. I WANT YOU TO AT LEAST TRY TO GAIN WEAPON SKILLS IN PREPARATION FOR WHEN I TURN INVASIONS BACK ON, SO START TRAINING, YOU FUCKERS.

...Oh my...  :-[ Ah, please do pardon my harsh language, but I am very pissed off by upset with those worthless, retard undisciplined layabout recruits who don't even have the good sense and decency to train in their barracks like good little meatshields proper soldiers. I WANT BLOOD, AND YOU BASTARDS ARE GONNA GIVE ME SOME, EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE DELIVERED TO ME ON THE EDGE OF A GOBLIN'S SWORD. I really don't want you to get hurt, so please train yourselves FOR THE INEVITABLE SLAUGHTER in case goblins decide to attack our fine village of Stabbedgirder.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: February 04, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

...Oh my...  :-[ Ah, please do pardon my harsh language, but I am very pissed off by upset with those worthless, retard undisciplined layabout recruits who don't even have the good sense and decency to train in their barracks like good little meatshields proper soldiers. I WANT BLOOD, AND YOU BASTARDS ARE GONNA GIVE ME SOME, EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE DELIVERED TO ME ON THE EDGE OF A GOBLIN'S SWORD. I really don't want you to get hurt, so please train yourselves FOR THE INEVITABLE SLAUGHTER in case goblins decide to attack our fine village of Stabbedgirder.

According to the wiki, squads need to be "standing down" to begin training. Haven't touched 40d in a while but I do remember that sparring happened with little fuss.

Bennyjh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: February 04, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »

Finished my massive bedroom complex :D

90 bedrooms in total

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #10496 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »

Spoiler for my current goings-on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: February 04, 2011, 03:04:30 pm »

floors are indestructible.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #10498 on: February 04, 2011, 03:20:59 pm »

floors are indestructible.

Sweet, so my little dwarfies are safe until I let 'them' out?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: February 04, 2011, 03:21:37 pm »

yep. so are walls.
hatches cannot be destroyed from below either.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 3842