Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109112 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10230 on: January 28, 2011, 10:13:12 am »

If Toady is any sort of fair, then it will be.  Sadly, there seem to be some actual ethics about the treatment of female creatures, such as not being able to milk sapients.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:33 am »

I think it might be controlled by the EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER or MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT tags.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:02 am »

Got around to play again, this will be a long-lasting fort. 3x3 on flat joyous wild. 1 obsidian layer mixed with damp sandstones so steel and healthcare is secured. What is this, rhesus to the east? How convenient, I brought 5 hunters with sharp bolts!! And what is this, 1000 FPS!? My, I forgot to cap it back to more manageable after some testing prior. It was amazing how 5 seconds after hitting unpause I already got 3 monkey corpses on the stockpile.

EDIT: only over 100 units of hematite but thousands units native copper :(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:45:01 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: January 28, 2011, 10:41:53 am »

And that's exactly what SPEED:0 feels like.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: January 28, 2011, 10:43:00 am »

I toyed with [SPEED:0] and then noticed my FPS was like 20 something.  I didn't even notice, they still move like lubed lightning.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: January 28, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »

Ok, new fort again (was having issues so reinstalled the game, seems to be working now).  Found an area thats half terrifying and half joyous wilds with an aquifer, should be fun.

-MB

ETA: Heh.. There is also a second of regular "untamed wilds" as well.. Will this spawn creatures from all three biomes or just from one?

ETA2: Well got an answer, part of one at least, I've seen One Humped Camels and a Zombie fox.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:34:37 pm by Mickey Blue »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: January 28, 2011, 12:21:34 pm »

Zombie Unicorns.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: January 28, 2011, 02:27:42 pm »

New mayor...unfortunately, the guy who liked shields has been replaced by a guy who likes pond grabber bone.  I am not going to honor his request.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: January 28, 2011, 02:46:01 pm »

Plagued by misfortune already.. One dwarf dead and one seriously injured following a cave in accident while breaching the aquifer (never had to set up a hospital this early before..) Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: January 28, 2011, 02:48:03 pm »

A mandate from my military commander 15 days into the game, an omen of things to come. Thankfully, it's just 2 quivers, how fitting of a commander   :D
Spoiler: boo (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: January 28, 2011, 03:09:35 pm »

New mayor...unfortunately, the guy who liked shields has been replaced by a guy who likes pond grabber bone.  I am not going to honor his request.

Haha, I had a baroness like that once.
Pond grabbers...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway 20 years have passed since the foundation of Bartorch and it's time to do a quick score:
-About 160 dwarves gave their lives
-30 forgotten beasts were dispatched
-roughly 650 goblins dead
-4 giants, 2 cyclopses, 2 ettins and 4 minotaurs killed
-about 60 kobold thieves dead
-45 mil wealth created
-a total of 1 child made it into adulthood so far

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: January 28, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »

More badness.. While I breached the aquifer ok there was a huge amount of ice that melted flooding the downwards stairs so I have to work out a way to pump it out, beyond that heavy rainfall keeps it full of water.  Gonna try to drain it back into itself and pump the water out so I can get access to stone and continue building.

So the tally.. I've already had one migrant wave (only two..) and I have one dead, one bedridden from injury (though it doesn't look like it will be permanent), my one access to the lower stone levels is completely flooded.. Yea..

-MB

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: January 28, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Embarked on a 3x3 Evil biome.

Urist cancels build wall: Interrupted by zombie fox.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: January 28, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

More fun with syndromes, the new year brought a forgotten beast with deadly dust and one with deadly blood. While the one with deadly blood only caused temporary unconsciousness the dust one was more trouble. The suicide squad of two permanently ill with fever (had some deadly vapor beast before) soldiers where knocked off a ledge and both died from the fall (come to think of it they also had everything with heavy bruising, including nerves, i shouldn't have sent them there). Since the beast was trying to knock down my masterwork iron cave entry doors i brought in the main squad of 6 legendary marksdwarfs and 4 legendary melee guys. Most of them were already infected before the fight ended. The battleground wasn't strategically sound so there were quite a few injuries from being knocked around by the dust. The syndrome quickly kicked in and everyone went unconscious for a while. They actually made it to the hospital a bit later and everyone was diagnosed with major rot of the stomach (additionally to some broken bones - vomit everywhere btw).
I hope they will survive because otherwise the military would only have 8 more soldiers.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:24 pm »

Project: Hippo Head has had an alteration to it. I have far more gold on my map than iron, so I'm doing the pragmatic thing and make it out of gold instead. Maybe I'll use iron for the submerged teeth.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 3842