Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109215 times)

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10170 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

My lakeside cliff fort is going well, if slowly. The only ores I can find net silver and lead bars, neither of which can be crafted into picks. Melting objects doesn't seem to click with these idiots.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

Gottcha, I've had nothing special ordered with the butchers though (just set to normal 'butcher automatic' thing), I guess it just worked automatically, I noticed somebody carrying a slugman corpse inside my base and upon investigation it was just the bones (seven, to be exact, guess slugs have bones..).  I remember in the past there was some debate over whether or not this actually happened.

I'd hazard a guess that you're playing 40d?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »

Nope, most recent version 31.18, I've never seen this happen before, I wonder if its unique to slugmen as I've noticed my snailmen (killed at about the same time) still haven't turned into bones/shells.

-MB

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: January 26, 2011, 04:39:00 pm »

Huh. Dead creatures in 31.xx rot down to skeletons which need to be processed into bones. Bug?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: January 26, 2011, 04:40:51 pm »

No idea, but I have slugman bones (being turned into bolts as we speak) and made no special effort to butcher them in any way.

ETA: Well, one of the snailmen was converted to bones now too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:02:18 pm by Mickey Blue »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: January 26, 2011, 05:19:55 pm »

A cheese maker, that was on eternal bed rest due to an ankle wound, got a mood and claimed a craftdwarf's workshop! See they can be usful!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: January 26, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »

One of my troopers withdrew from society and took over a Craftsdwarf Workshop. Took some hematite, and some goblin bone, and made a figurine of a goblin.

The Dwarfy part of it? The figurine was of the goblin whose bones were used to make it :).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: January 26, 2011, 05:47:46 pm »

One of my troopers withdrew from society and took over a Craftsdwarf Workshop. Took some hematite, and some goblin bone, and made a figurine of a goblin.

The Dwarfy part of it? The figurine was of the goblin whose bones were used to make it :).

Awesome. Now, if that very trooper'd killed that goblin as well...
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: January 26, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »

Just started a new fort as the last one fell due to a poorly handled military.

I dug about 10 layers down and found a caver immediately, but didn't actually dig into it.  First time I've gotten to a cavern.
What should my plans be for them? I'm figuring I should keep it cut off until I get a military. Should I just wall off a section and start farming or mining?

JonMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: January 26, 2011, 08:25:03 pm »

I don't know, man.  Sounds like you've got a budding Necromancer on your hands.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: January 26, 2011, 08:47:08 pm »

And that would be awesome.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: January 26, 2011, 08:57:06 pm »

You say that like it's a bad thing. :-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:41 pm »

I dug about 10 layers down and found a caver immediately, but didn't actually dig into it.  First time I've gotten to a cavern.
What should my plans be for them? I'm figuring I should keep it cut off until I get a military. Should I just wall off a section and start farming or mining?

You should do whatever you like with it. The first cavern layer isn't that bad at all, at least in my experience. In my current fort, I started a few dwarves training (from unskilled) about the same time I established my cavern entrance, and they've been more than sufficient to take care of any random critters that decided to wander in--mostly trolls and troglodytes.

Having said that, I will now undoubtedly be beseiged by GCS, social networks FBs, or something.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: January 26, 2011, 09:08:57 pm »

I never wait till I have a working military for the caverns. It just stops progress.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »

39 dorfs

In my caverns too...come on.[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 3842