Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109467 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10125 on: January 25, 2011, 02:36:46 pm »

I think I had done it before...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: January 25, 2011, 02:38:38 pm »

You can.  I made a gladiator pit to train my axes, and had the nasty habit of body parts flying up.  Goblin goes down the 1x1 hole, axes, goblin leg spews up through the hole and onto my nice clean floor!  I installed a hatch, it prevents flying gobo limbs but allows pitting.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:44 pm »

'Year 2'.
We have managed to get 100k created wealth and 40 population.

1 month later...

'blah blah the cyclops has arrived'

I dont have military. What now?

**Puts all 40 civilians on 4 squads**
**attack cyclops**
Result, dead cyclops, 3 dead dwarfs, ~7 on the hospital.

I thought megabeasts were beasts.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: January 25, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »

You can.  I made a gladiator pit to train my axes, and had the nasty habit of body parts flying up.  Goblin goes down the 1x1 hole, axes, goblin leg spews up through the hole and onto my nice clean floor!  I installed a hatch, it prevents flying gobo limbs but allows pitting.
Awesome, would do that later. How do I retrieve adult pets from that?

Bloodbath over, half a dozen tame animal killed and like 2-3 dead pet-to-be. I'm not amused.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: January 25, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »

'Year 2'.
We have managed to get 100k created wealth and 40 population.

1 month later...

'blah blah the cyclops has arrived'

I dont have military. What now?

**Puts all 40 civilians on 4 squads**
**attack cyclops**
Result, dead cyclops, 3 dead dwarfs, ~7 on the hospital.

I thought megabeasts were beasts.

If you throw enough enemies at it, there will simply be too many for one creature to kill and it will eventually give in to pain/over exert and will be a sitting duck. However, with creatures that don't breathe, feel pain, exert, bleed or anything else that can kill organic creatures (see: Bronze Collossus, inorganic Titan and FB) they can take on a whole wrestler army and not die.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »

well not even season 2 and I have successfully walled/ditched my self in. I am at war with gobbos. I need time to set up my system.
so they're going through my river-waterfall-trap-thingie.

I've got bauxite, 3 incoming rivers, 1 outcoming, loads of coal, shitloads of iron (magnetite mostly), and even more cubic shitloads of flux (chalk). this is going to be great...

Awesome, would do that later. How do I retrieve adult pets from that?

Bloodbath over, half a dozen tame animal killed and like 2-3 dead pet-to-be. I'm not amused.
part 1: don't know, you can try assigning war... no that won't work.
hatch+pressure plate maybe?

part 2: darn.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: January 25, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »

To separate the trainables from the younglings, I usually install a floodgate as part of the pit's walls, because for some reason a door doesn't work, even forbidden pet impassable...  Then, let them all out, hopefully into a very small enclosure that includes the kennels and little else.  Train, and re-pit them, dividing according to training status as needed.  Sadly though, trained animals still breed, so your clutch of war bears will have bear cubs in it as well.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: January 25, 2011, 03:54:37 pm »

Things going well. Since I know where the good stuff is, currently training up an armorsmith via a useless dwarf with useless copper. Year 1 summer.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: January 25, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »

Embark, check unit list, sees 20 undead carp, a mix of zombie and skeletal. I check the emplacement on my wagon, it's right next to the stream... My 2 military dorf goes to fight them, dodge in water and drown. Skeletal deer finishes off the 5 other dwarf. I LOVE haunted forest because they are FUN.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: January 25, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »

Last fort fell (to a glitch of all things..), starting up a new one, off to a good start, nothing around but some alligators (they may make nice cloaks once I get a few soldiers).

-MB

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #10135 on: January 25, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »

Baroness "Steel Kogsak" of Weakenedsack gave birth to a third daughter while in a coma. The baby then proceeded to crawl away from her insensate mother and explore the fortress. I gave her the custom profession name of Rugrat, and let her do as she pleased.

After a few weeks, the baby died of thirst.

Aside from that, I've been expanding the outer walls since I haven't had any sieges in while.

A look at the above ground defensive layout:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Note: The relative lack of blood coating the earth is due to me periodically using DF Clean Map to improve my FPS.]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: January 25, 2011, 05:44:08 pm »

Balancelashes is now a barony. Huzzah! The decision has been made: Bomrek Avalmeng, legendary cook and my militia commander's wife. The only things she will likely mandate are pig iron items and bins, both of which are in a state of active production for the forseeable future. I see nothing wrong with this plan.

Also, I can imagine my new baroness being incredibly excited about this, cooking masterwork after masterwork while whistling a merry tune to herself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »

a forbiden beats showed up. it then got instantly trapped by a mushroom that grew up and blocked it into a 1 x 3 area on the edge of the map.

i have a trapped beasty to muck about with now ^^
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: January 25, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »

My Human Fortress is setting up a few buildings, meaning an inn and a mine entrance. The mines have given me tons of coal and lignite. I've made some coke as well and found limonite.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:34 pm »

Last fort fell (to a glitch of all things..), starting up a new one, off to a good start, nothing around but some alligators (they may make nice cloaks once I get a few soldiers).

-MB

Seem to have hit a fort killing bug myself. Damn it.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 3842