Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109841 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10050 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:08 pm »

Almost lost the fort to a tantrum spiral (pop went from 79 to 3). I got some migrants so I might be saved. I lost all my doctors and legendaries in the accident, though.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: January 23, 2011, 10:45:23 pm »

Three goblin squads just arrived. One was a whole squad of bowgoblins, one of speargoblins and the last of swordgoblins, all being led by non-goblin creatures. All of a sudden, a loyalty cascade randomly started and the goblins and their leaders started killing each other. The axedwarf leading the bowgoblins cut down the whole squad then bled to death, the human leading the speargoblins killed one guy then got his brain stabbed out and the human lasher leading the swordgoblins was killed without putting up a fight.

Then a dwarf caravan came and killed all the goblins.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: January 23, 2011, 11:54:39 pm »

One of my dwarfs is throwing a tantrum
while asleep.  :o

I'm going to lock his door for a while.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:46 am »

My in-fortress well is beginning to overflow, and it's not bothering my dwarfs at all. They're bathing int the overflow, bucketing it for patients and generally ignoring that the well is overflowing.

In other matters, the latest goblin siege's bloody results are being cleaned up and dumped in my trusty trash compactor. We're saving the goblinite and a few bits of neat clothing, the rest is gonna be smashed. Finally, one of my dwarfs got possessed and may a shist ring studded with gems and gold.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: January 24, 2011, 12:53:05 am »

Oh god, they're here again. I've only managed to process half of last spring's corpses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: January 24, 2011, 02:16:19 am »

Someone remind me every day never to build a waterfall without draining it down the caverns. Lost all my supplies of metal, three dwarves, two cats and gibbon I traded for due to an overflowing waterfall.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:53 am »

I hate it when I lose a gibbon... :D

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: January 24, 2011, 09:26:46 am »

Someone remind me every day never to build a waterfall without draining it down the caverns. Lost all my supplies of metal, three dwarves, two cats and gibbon I traded for due to an overflowing waterfall.

Always run stuff like that through diagonals, they remove all pressure on the other side.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: January 24, 2011, 10:14:27 am »

Always run stuff like that through diagonals, they remove all pressure on the other side.
Pfft.  I'd much rather risk my dwarfs to a series of complicated automatic floodgates and hatches.  They deserves it.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #10059 on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:30 am »

Weakenedsack is struck by tragedy once more! After the most recent werewolf siege left, I opened the front gates (two drawbridges with a 'U'-shaped passage between them) to let in some new migrants (many of whom I had just drafted to better fill out the fort's militia), only for a demon ambush party to descend upon my front courtyard-slash-dungeon (they had actually appeared when I was playing last night, having been revealed by an orcish caravan -- poor not-japan bastards). They were met by my baroness who gave them a customary dwarven greeting of bashing their faces in with her sun gold crossbow. She managed to hold them off long enough for the militia to arrive and deal with the problem, but this victory was pyrrhic at best: the second infant daughter of the baroness (a shroom dwarfette) was killed in the preliminary stages of the fight, and good old Steel Kogsak received many grievous injuries before being knocked into a murky pool. Luckily, I was able to channel her a way out of it, and she managed to crawl out and come to rest on dry land. However, even with medical treatment and the incredible vitality of a steel dwarf, it is unlikely that she will ever walk again.

And what was the baroness doing up top when those demons came calling in the first place?

"Looking for infant"  :( ... :-[ ... :'( x 100.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: January 24, 2011, 01:55:52 pm »

You're getting elves zerg rushing the crap out of you?
Goblins.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: January 24, 2011, 02:23:25 pm »

My latest fortress has a very simple defense mechanism. The only entry point is an incredibly long corridor of retracting bridges. Goblins walk on bridge, lever is pulled, goblins down 10z levels onto upright steel spears. The problem is that I got attacked before the project was complete, and as it turns out a 10z drop is not immediately lethal. The fourth usually seems to be the sweet spot though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: January 24, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

I would be offended too if I was depicted as a lungfish.

I just bought 4,543☼ worth of stuff from the dwarves, and gave them a profit of 85,093☼.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:06:16 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: January 24, 2011, 03:07:31 pm »

lol and nice artifact
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: January 24, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

That's not an artifact; it's just something I found while going through my vast hoard of bone crafts.

I just started using macros. I had about two hundred pages of crap to sell, and it was hurting my hands. Even better, with the macro auto-selecting the bins first, then everything in them after, I keep my bins.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:21:15 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 3842