Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108164 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9225 on: December 27, 2010, 11:03:45 pm »

Elven Evil-Good Goblinoid Unicorn-Trolls?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: December 27, 2010, 11:04:58 pm »

Elven Evil-Good Goblinoid Unicorn-Trolls?

Are you sure it wasn't just Goblin in two-man Unicorn costumes?

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: December 27, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »

I just lost 30 dwarfs because a damn rat corpse was blocking the door from closing and my trap system was incomplete.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: December 27, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

18 unarmed goblins versus one Ettin in my new arena.  The Ettin won.  It took some damage throughout the battle, but healed it immediately.  Now I'm trying to drown it, though I don't know if it will work...  Nope, that's not working.  Time to drain the arena and send in the military.  I expect heavy losses.  Should be dwarfy!

EDIT: How unfortunate.  One dwarf was mildly injured and otherwise my 30-dwarf military dominated the Ettin...  I guess I'll get some adamantine armour and go conquer hell or something...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:30:49 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9229 on: December 27, 2010, 11:23:52 pm »

An engraver just created a masterful engraving in the count's burial chamber, of the count, surrounded by worms, looking terrified.  I know engravings are pretty much random, but that's hilarious and appropriate.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: December 27, 2010, 11:29:07 pm »

Now a puppy is chasing a troll around.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »

Time to drain the arena and send in the military.  I expect heavy losses.  Should be dwarfy!
carve fortification and rain bolts onto the ettin? IM ettins got no damaging ranged attacks. If you can check if it shoots shockwaves through fortification I'd appreciate too.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: December 27, 2010, 11:31:17 pm »

An engraver just created a masterful engraving in the count's burial chamber, of the count, surrounded by worms, looking terrified.  I know engravings are pretty much random, but that's hilarious and appropriate.

Hamlet: A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.
Claudius: What dost thou mean by this?
Hamlet: Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: December 27, 2010, 11:45:59 pm »

Lots of hauling, not much production.
Also, I forgot that barons don't get replaced when they die.  So, my plan to drown my bedridden Baron and get a new one to talk to the human diplomat was not a great one.  Now I've got no baron, an unhappy diplomat, and a big empty throne room.
Also, I'm teetering over the edge of a tantrum spiral.  I really hope this fortress doesn't fall, because reclaiming big forts with lots of items reeeeeally sucks.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: December 27, 2010, 11:52:24 pm »

Mid-Autumn of the third year of Pickhollows. Holy god the miasma!

It's everywhere! Something's wrong with the militiamen and their food/water usage, so there are hundreds upon hundreds of items of rotting food lying around the fortress. What makes it all worse is that the food is owned by the person who was supposed to pick it up, so it can't be dumped/placed in a refuse pile. the troops were already unhappy from the recent conflicts, so this has stacked up to make for one very pissy psychiatrist whose been dealing with them like some sort of joy and happiness god. I realized suddenly that I could train my dwarves thanks to the library workshop, book items, and writing/reading reactions I wrote up a while back, so i dug out a space for four of them and set the psychiatrist to write books on consoling/pacifying. I learned however that I had not accounted for the way cloth items are handled so after completing just one job the library is cluttered with 2000 seperate items, each weighing 2 urists. I'm going to go back and fix this now. If I don't flood the room with magma this could take over a year to clean up! Mosus, you better pray one of your gods knows how to part the magma sea!

I also don't know how to safely empty the room of magma afterwards... this is turning into quite a chore.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:54:09 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:00 pm »

Time to drain the arena and send in the military.  I expect heavy losses.  Should be dwarfy!
carve fortification and rain bolts onto the ettin? IM ettins got no damaging ranged attacks. If you can check if it shoots shockwaves through fortification I'd appreciate too.

Shoot, I woulda, but the arena is dug outta sand...  I'll keep an eye out for that, though.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: December 27, 2010, 11:58:23 pm »

Shoot, I woulda, but the arena is dug outta sand...  I'll keep an eye out for that, though.

Any particular reason your arena isn't set up for recapture?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: December 28, 2010, 01:45:55 am »

Part 37 of my LP is up.

In which I explore to joy of mandates. Mandates which are easily met due to my mayor's basic likes.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: December 28, 2010, 01:51:31 am »

Construction on my megaproject has begun, although the tantrum spiral I seem to be descending into (all of my cats dying of exploding feet finally caught up with me) makes me wonder whether it's likely to be finished without a reclaim.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:16 am »

Part 37 of my LP is up.

In which I explore to joy of mandates. Mandates which are easily met due to my mayor's basic likes.
You seem to love having all varieties of kraken in your game....
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 3842