Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108029 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9180 on: December 26, 2010, 03:25:12 pm »

you can [ b ] build them and unassign them (through pressing enter when their name is on)  ;D
Tried, their name never showed up. Also tried pitting them, their names don't show up either.  :-X
really? dunno then.

Frack.. I was using a tilset the had idivedual pics for dogs, cats, and even dwarfs based on their profession, and everything else practically... I boot up DFinit and tell it I want the phobous_meld stuff and all of it goes away... HOW FIX
try the Lazy Newb Pack thread maybe  ;)
anyways, try using the savegame updater.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: December 26, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »

Migrants. It's amazing, 7 different high masters from about 25 total. I think around a quarter of my population actually are high master or better in at least one skill, the head diagnoser in two, and there are now 105 dwarves total.

I still haven't gotten far. I've gotten used to saving every 5-10 minutes to avoid losses to the crashing every hour or so, but the progress is pathetically slow.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: December 26, 2010, 04:22:26 pm »

15 dwarves died in latest goblin siege at Melbilonshen.

F*ckdamn goblin crossbow snipers...

No, Litast wasn't outside that time :P Neither his wife nor son*

We also had to change the planting plans from half Abyssal berries/half Plump helmets to plump helmets whole year. Seeds of other crop are now cooked into biscuits.

As the able-bodied militia consists of only 4 dwarves, Melbilonshen's bridge has been retracted...

*Who got a sister few days prior.

EDIT: Another low-grade smithy got moody. I bet this time it will be 106% lame thing :P
EDITEDIT: Uhhh... why they always ask for silk cloth? In the very middle of spring!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:24:58 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: December 26, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »

Broke into the caverns and constructed a small fort.
Damn zombie blind cave ogres.
EDIT:ZOMBIE CAVE DRAGON! Slain by my trusty halbardier.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:49:39 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: December 26, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »

First berserk, a... child who, I think, is an orphan. Killed before any damage was done by a marksdwarf (who mostly missed all his shots) and my ex-expedition leader, Nil. Nil has lost one hand long ago, and the use of the other not-so-long ago, and executed the kid with a swift kick to the head. He doesn't care about anything since ages ago. Not quite the case of the other soldier. This having happened in the huge food stockpile, many dwarfs saw it. I believe the kid has siblings. And a dead little sister who is haunting the fort.
To be completely honest, I'm having mixed feelings about this event.  :-X

EDIT: I forgot; for extra drama and irony, Nil's title is The Tragedy of Urges.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:10:04 pm by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Banehallow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: December 26, 2010, 06:22:01 pm »

Well, I've finally managed to build that nice tower with the marvelous dining room on the top, my dorfs certainly seem to love it.

I'm also currently building an underground highway system, because the trade caravans can't reach my fortress trough all the trees. For some odd reason though, all of my miners are scared of a stupid deer thats standing near the exit.

Still need to dig more for some magma, as I really want to start up my glass production, as well as a decent metal production. All i've got now is some crappy iron equipment.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: December 26, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

Not much progress at The Lone Fortification.

Due to a couple of crashes, I'm still stuck in early autumn. This is not too bad, since I might still be able to avoid flooding my hospital ward and get my legendary carpenters set up in a ward of their own to make me some damn beds! FPS is hovering around 10 to 9 at the moment and it's gonna go to hell when I open up the flood gate to "flush" into the caverns. Now, if only the game would stop crashing right when the latest batch of freeloaders migrants arrives...

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: December 26, 2010, 06:44:15 pm »

Things are doing well in my current fort. somehow my Woodworkers and masons are working incredibly fast, and my stockpiles are doing well. I've found a great outside area to set up my Strawberry farming operation and peasant/farmer housing, too - plus i've got a cage trap hall set up for the first assault.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:04 pm »

I just constructed a 30 z level tall vertical power train with intermittent gears for access, only to then realize that gears can be supported both from above and the side, and that vertical axles can be supported from above.

I had built it from the bottom up, one level at a time.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: December 26, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

Starting a new embark, I find something unusual about one of my starting seven.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fortress name is Staffshaft, group name is The Bodices of Stabbing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: December 26, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »

After the first succumbed to poor management, I was setting up the perimeter for my third when a giant cave spider ambushed my mason. I sent everybody after it, and 3 of the 7 survived. I then walled myself in and flooded the room with magma.
Your settlement has crumbled to its end. Perhaps a perimeter guard will help next time.
EDIT:And if anybody is wondering where the second went; I have one thing to say.
Trogs.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:56:06 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: December 26, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »

After singlehandedly seeing of a Goblin siege, my legendary Hammer Lord, who has no friends and rarely does anything besides eat, sleep, drink, train, and fight, ran into two Kobold thieves in a row.  Two more kills for her pet Hammer, I suppose.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: December 26, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »

Starting a new embark, I find something unusual about one of my starting seven.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, not at all.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: December 26, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »

GREAT ARMOK, the magma sea is a whopping 123 Z-levels below the main area of my fort.  Either I can make a 120-ish pump stack, or I'll just make my magma workshops at the top of cavern 2, which begins at -94.  (Cavern 1 is HUGE/DEEP and takes up something like 75 Z-levels.)  Also, I FINALLY struck Adamantine!  Hopefully the sieges begin soon so I can put my 30-dwarf military (out of a total population of 88) to good use.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: December 26, 2010, 11:35:25 pm »

The Reptile Women in the caverns were listed as hostile, but I saw no purpose in pre-emptive attack, so I sent a dwarf down to guage their reaction. They attacked on sight.

Glorious Battle will now ensue.
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 3842