Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121070 times)

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9015 on: December 21, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

I'm also having the very dwarfy issue of my nearby natural waterfall running with blood. Pools of it started forming at the bottom from all the corpses I threw down there, and apparently the blood keeps floating up to the top of the waterfall. It's interesting to watch, and to know that my dwarves still drink from that water...

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: December 21, 2010, 09:24:37 pm »

Adding [TRAINABLE] to the gorilla entry in the raw folder in my save did it. I now have a small army of war gorillas.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: December 21, 2010, 09:25:44 pm »

Adding [TRAINABLE] to the gorilla entry in the raw folder in my save did it. I now have a small army of war gorillas.
Good for you. I've got an army of war elephants. And tigers. And dogs.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: December 21, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »

First .18 fort, Lovedmachines.

Dug a few squares into the mountainside beside the wagon.  Disassembled it; all goods have been designated for dumping into a temporary quantum stockpile.

Twenty minutes and they're still not even halfway done moving the goods the seven steps into the bolthole.

Also: harpies. Clowns will show up any second (metaphorically, as my FPS is hovering in the low single digits), and my volcano is draining into the circus.

Will try diverting the river into the volcano to form an obsidian plug.

A carp has ripped out a harpy's upper left back tooth.

My only regret is that my PC has less processing power than the average housecat.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: December 21, 2010, 10:25:48 pm »

Order the goblins to be pitted off the tower. Any one that doesn't put up a fight will splatter delightfully right into the refuse pile. Any one that does will get hammered … and splatter delightfully right into the refuse pile.

Any militia dwarf that dodges a punch from a goblin thief might also splatter rather less delightfully right into the refuse pile.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:38 am »

Hooking up a terminally ill kitten to a bait trap in preparation for a siege I expect will be coming.

There have been several ambushes lately, and summer is coming. This poor cat was actually shot up during the first ambush in addition to having been hobbling around due to a foot-rotting blood that a FB left behind. This same FB blood killed 5 babies/children and every last one of my guard dogs. I have to hole them all away in cages now to avoid having them cause a tantrum spiral, the last time that happened my near-legendary guard captain lobbed off my baroness's leg .-.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:09:01 am by Stoup »

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: December 22, 2010, 12:06:57 am »

Eh...
1:  Huge smelting process going on, blocked off myself from surface and living exclusively in caverns with a friendly cave civ, 'cept all the water froze.  Question:  Magma does give off heat, right?  And if so, how long does it take to travel to surface, and does it have to go straight up?
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: December 22, 2010, 05:52:53 am »

Eh...
1:  Huge smelting process going on, blocked off myself from surface and living exclusively in caverns with a friendly cave civ, 'cept all the water froze.  Question:  Magma does give off heat, right?  And if so, how long does it take to travel to surface, and does it have to go straight up?
Yea, magma gives off heat and can melt ice. How long it takes to travel up I'm not sure. You're planning on using pump stacks to get it up aren't you?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: December 22, 2010, 07:56:27 am »

Fired up my real fort for some sprite testing then went out for lunch. When I'm back it's crumbled ::) Guess I forgot to pause.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: December 22, 2010, 07:57:34 am »

A goblin siege just slaughtered my defense team. At least, their mounts did. Goddamn jabberers. I had just tested my militia on prisoners, four dwarfs against thirty goblins, no problem. Siege comes and one jabberer tore four of them apart. Managed to rout the siege though, there's just two ogres rampaging to my fortress now, but my miners are wrestling them to death. Should've probably equiped my militia with shields before the siege came.

edit; also, were there any changes in the combat system from 31.16? Because my dwarves are having difficulty even killing an ogre, something that never occured in my .16 fort. Or does the evilness of a biome have anything to do with the ferocity of creatures and mounts?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:23:37 am by Sandrew »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: December 22, 2010, 09:35:52 am »

Early Spring of 506 in the Metropolis of Ringquest, pop. 196  fps 15(13)

Population is nearly capped. I have a large collection of gems, so I've been decorating furniture, and building sleightly smaller rooms for the residents. They now get 3x3 with gemmed out furnishings, instead of 4x3. It should hold value nicely.

I've marked the square immigrants came from, just to see if they always arrive from the same place each season, or if it's random. Fps is dropping, so I might not be able to make a determination before my self-imposed 10FPS cutoff. But we'll see.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: December 22, 2010, 09:40:40 am »

Early Spring of 506 in the Metropolis of Ringquest, pop. 196  fps 15(13)

Population is nearly capped. I have a large collection of gems, so I've been decorating furniture, and building sleightly smaller rooms for the residents. They now get 3x3 with gemmed out furnishings, instead of 4x3. It should hold value nicely.

I've marked the square immigrants came from, just to see if they always arrive from the same place each season, or if it's random. Fps is dropping, so I might not be able to make a determination before my self-imposed 10FPS cutoff. But we'll see.
Wouldnt the nobles get pissed from the lowly getting so much wealth? And immigrant spawn is totally random.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:42 am »

I occasionally have 3x3 rooms for peasants.

3 5x5 rooms for Legendaries and Lower Nobles, several 7x7 for higher ones (not that I've had any yet  :'( I die experiment too much)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: December 22, 2010, 11:31:11 am »

Wouldnt the nobles get pissed from the lowly getting so much wealth? And immigrant spawn is totally random.
If the nobles complain/have bad thoughts from it, I'll upgrade their stuff. They already have large 5x5 rooms.

Too bad about the random spawn, I was hoping to pave a road to the edge of the map.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: December 22, 2010, 11:37:52 am »

3rd spring, an another siege from FD mod. This time, 2 squads of harpy pikemen. I barely have 10 crossbowmen and 30 meatshields, almost ready to face defeat. The warrior clashed. 3 deaths and they are already retreating. On the dwarf side, 2 deaths and 1 with leg injury. Look like the fortress will stand, at least for sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 3842