Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120734 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8790 on: December 14, 2010, 10:26:26 pm »

Part 27 of my LP is up.

Well, it seems I can't even do the simple task of stationing a dwarf 10 feet from Reveredtour without getting someone killed. It would've helped if I noticed the giant leopard chewing the dwarfs face off before she was bleeding heavily. Who cares though; I got a cave crawler.
Think you could upload your modded game?

People keep asking me to do that. I keep saying "sure, I'll do it by X". Then my deadline comes and I haven't even started it yet.

Fuck it, I'll try doing it tonight. Just know that I am not held responsible for any hilariously broken creatures that kill you. I test them all in arena mode, but beyond that I'm not sure about the exact impact they will have on your fortress. Fun!

EDIT: There. You just have to download the file and place the text documents into the raw objects folder. Nothing to complex. Note that if you go poking around in the raws you'll find some unfinished/unused creatures. These have been slapped with the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag, so they shouldn't cause conflict with your game.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:36:36 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:34 pm »

Urist McMilitiaBoss the Third, captain of the archers, last two died facing down invasions rather than GETTING INTO THE %$$& BURROW.

Anyway, he was caught outside, hunting, or something else pointless (I have 4000 meat already) when a dragon arrives.  Everyone inside the burrow, now... No, he stays and faces it down, beating it with his steel crossbow.  Other hunter was fried in it's first breath. 

Also, a siege of goblins on giant bats turned up, too.

Urist BEATS THE DRAGON TO DEATH!!!  Then gets beheaded by a goblin pikeman immediately. 

How can he kill a dragon single-handedly then get killed by a stock standard goblin? Not like the goblin hammer lord, who was slain, but put 9 of the Fenced Nourishment in hospital during the fight...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:43 pm »

Weapons make all the difference.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: December 14, 2010, 11:28:47 pm »

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: December 14, 2010, 11:55:15 pm »

Urist McMason is throwing a tantrum. Must be because of the virus that is spreading through most of my pets. Now he is dancing on a table while the gem-setter is eating off the same one.

And of course, "dancing" in the dwarven way. I wonder if he'll go into the next stage of the dance and start maiming.
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Deathbypie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: December 15, 2010, 12:07:57 am »

for some odd reason none of my dwarfs will chop down trees...... how do i solve this problem?

Harbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:43 am »

for some odd reason none of my dwarfs will chop down trees...... how do i solve this problem?

do they have woodcutting enabled?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: December 15, 2010, 12:09:18 am »

Did your military take the woodcutter's axe?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deathbypie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: December 15, 2010, 01:14:46 am »

yes wood cutting enabled and now that i think about it probibly

Redukt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: December 15, 2010, 03:30:41 am »

One of my new marksdwarves just killed a forgotten beast...

...by decapitating it...

...with his frigging shield.

He did have a crossbow and ammo equipped - as far as I can tell he just thinks the whole "ranged combat" thing is for elves and particularly wussy goblins.

The fact that the first thing I thought was OMGWTFHUNTARD says shameful things about my gaming history.

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: December 15, 2010, 05:15:49 am »

One of my new marksdwarves just killed a forgotten beast...

...by decapitating it...

...with his frigging shield.

He did have a crossbow and ammo equipped - as far as I can tell he just thinks the whole "ranged combat" thing is for elves and particularly wussy goblins.

The fact that the first thing I thought was OMGWTFHUNTARD says shameful things about my gaming history.
*facepalm* vanilla hunter.
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:26 am »

My mayor had demanded that 2 crutches be made. I promptly ordered the smithing of two gold crutches. However, my smiths, busy as they were with telling me that they couldn't forge the many steel weapons and steel armours I had demanded of them, didn't get around to making them.

As a consequence, a stoneshaper of mine was ordered to be punished. Since there were no cages or chains, the punishment was "reduced".

Looking at her thoughts and preferences, Kivish, the stoneshaper, was ecstatic about this! She was "glad to have punishment reduced recently".

Did I mention her upper body is gone? Seems dwarves consider death a reduced punishment from imprisonment. My Captain of the Guard (a woodcutter with an axe), decided to give out a beating and well, he seems to have thought his axe was an appropriate tool for the occasion.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:33 am »

Winter 263: Windslap's hospital got a functioning well. AT LAST.
It is a small revolution here.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: December 15, 2010, 12:03:36 pm »

Crestpaddles (pop 168, 50 masterworked iron troops of varying types) falls to FUCKING SAVE CORRUPTION after fiddling with macros... what a waste of a week... no fun or Fun or FUN or !!Fun!! at all.
This is a blank sig.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:57 pm »

Set demon types to 5000, now planning out my invasion of the playground. Involves carefully engineered cave-ins, dwarves paradropping using water as a stopping device, and a mobile catsplosion. No adamantine is to be involved in the actual fight.

That's gonna be a challenge at least.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3842