Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106107 times)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8550 on: December 05, 2010, 12:33:41 pm »

Due to an unfortunate encounter with a forgotten snow blob, I now have a blind jeweler.
And a blind surgeon.
Both are still doing their job.
Things are getting interesting.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: December 05, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »

I am exploring a magma sea breach in adventurer
headshots... wow?

???
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: December 05, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

Bahaha.
New embark, the militia commander or whatever is happily running about killing small animals. Then, the unthinkable happens-two ogres and an ogress decide to snack on the dwarves. Well, Unib McScrewed isn't going to stand up for this. He whips out his inflatable ego, grabs his copper axe, and promptly gets mauled. The rest of the embark crew is recruited and then mauled. I lol.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: December 05, 2010, 02:31:54 pm »

oh, look, I fell into the volcano ...  >:(

.... hey OH THERE'S THAT STAIRCASE I MADE!  :o

:D

my left arm, right foot and head are melted. until I run into that cavern sea at least :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

gasman

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Word
    • View Profile
    • Rusty Spatula
« Reply #8554 on: December 05, 2010, 02:36:07 pm »

What is it, the fifth year of Bloatedmountains? Way too peaceful of an embark, I have 150+ dwarves all running around with 3000+ stockpiles of drink and prepared meals and enough farm plots that I really don't pay attention to any of it anymore. The embark was on a 5x4 space of mountain around a volcano, which led to a miner falling into the volcano and hitting the bottom, discovering the magma sea and the adamantium vein some 10 z-levels below the lowest natural z-level. Only incidents were a cyclops and an ettin, both killed by Atis the militia commander and his big-ass hammer. Who has cave adaptation and thus vomits on his enemies as he beats them to death.
Right now I'm carving out the mountain to the lowest z-level, leaving naught but a large rectangle that is made up of my fort and the volcano in the center. I shall flood magma into this pit around my mountain-tower, which will be plated with platinum at the bottom where the magma moat resides, and then from there on up it shall be plated with gold (we have way too much frikken gold, everyone and their mother has a gold something-or-other). A bridge and supports made of gold (and platinum) will stretch from the tower to the edge of the map, of course connected to a system of levers to drop anyone who displeases me into the moat. With 50+ miners on the job, we have finished the east bank, and are beginning work on the north.
I sing of a tale of dwarven lore
Of glorious and bloody war
Of ale to be feared,
And long braided beards
On the women we all do adore.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: December 05, 2010, 02:36:57 pm »

Decided to move my tombs to a more spacious location and "accidentally" disinterred the only dwarf to have died in my fortress so far. He died in a cave-in but was ecstatic, so I hope that if he comes back as a ghost, he'll be the partying kind.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: December 05, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »

16th Timber, Late Autumn, 260

I have absolutely no idea what's going on at Speargorged. I was ecstatic to discover the Mine of Cathedrals had sent a caravan to trade. Unfortunately, they were annihilated by a force of goblins, who were swiftly obliterated by another group. In the meantime, a force of Trolls decided to charge through my front gates and into the Hall of Ouch, which quickly halted their advance. I wont be able to repair the front gates until the siege is lifted, and the clean up will be horrendous. At least I know my traps are working now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:12:49 pm by Serio »

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: December 05, 2010, 03:14:16 pm »

Part 18 of my DF LP is up.

You know Mosus being attacked by another troglodyte would probably be amusing if it didn't kill her. So that's the 3rd death in Reveredtour, once again due to beasts of the deep. Wasn't even zombies, so maybe the undead are the least of my concerns. After all, you can apparently reduce them to dust with a single punch.

I ordered cage traps to be installed last year, but apparently nobody got around to making them. Wonderful. Still, I'm to happy about finding haven to really complain to much. It's one of the best farming locations I've ever seen. Biggest downside is it being on the second cavern layer. Also while the passage to the Abyss actually does reach the bottom, it leads straight into the water. So it shouldn't be an issue, unless a deep kraken shows up. I have a special project in mind involving this particular area.

I'm going to dig an exploratory shaft and chuck Dashy the gazelle down it at some point. I want to find some magma, and am hoping that 3rd cavern layer has a magma pipe. Doubtful, but one can hope.

Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: December 05, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »

Stingray went over the waterfall and exploded!
Theres stingray blood 10 tiles away!

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:28 pm »

After facing ever-increasing goblin ambushes - the last consisting of four or more squads and more than 25 goblins - Craftsbands has received its first siege!

...Of 16 goblins.

Look down, now up. You're in a trap-filled hallway.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: December 05, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »

Stingray went over the waterfall and exploded!
Theres stingray blood 10 tiles away!

It was either a really long drop, or a really bloody stingray.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:13 pm »

My frarme rate was dying so I unleashed the clowns.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: December 05, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »

Clowns? In Dwarf Fortress? That's ridiculous. Are they modded? Do they have those trick flowers that squirt water, and big bulb noses, and floppy shoes?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: December 05, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »

Clowns? In Dwarf Fortress? That's ridiculous. Are they modded? Do they have those trick flowers that squirt water, and big bulb noses, and floppy shoes?
You really need to stop obsessing over this, man.
くコ:彡

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: December 05, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »

Well, those idiots need to stop saying that >:U
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 3842