Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106495 times)

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8265 on: November 25, 2010, 06:22:31 am »

Now I've got that off my chest, it is kind of fun, but not when horribly unbalanced things happen.  Oh, well.... Time for some fun, I guess...

Cancel the fun - one goblin has just killed all 58 dwarves. F%CK.

That, my dear lad, is the very DEFINITION of FUNTM.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: November 25, 2010, 11:09:40 am »

Now I've got that off my chest, it is kind of fun, but not when horribly unbalanced things happen.  Oh, well.... Time for some fun, I guess...

Cancel the fun - one goblin has just killed all 58 dwarves. F%CK.

That, my dear lad, is the very DEFINITION of FUNTM.
bahaha. agreed.
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: November 25, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »

Releasedlabours has so much potential I am logging each and every detail until it falls as there could be so much fun to be had and shared. Extinct dwarves, elephants, elves ruling the world, and thats just what I know from legends and embarking.
This is a blank sig.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: November 25, 2010, 12:40:15 pm »

10 dead of thirst since the last siege now. If the healthcare system doesn't scare away the goddamn useless migrants... oh, I don't even care anymore. Every single dwarf that isn't at least proficient in a skill that interests me, no matter their physical ability or their lack of experience, I enroll them all.

... OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE
MY TANNER DROWNED
I swear if I didn't already have digging locations defined I'd just kick everyone out of there and start again with 7 less retarded alcoholics
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: November 25, 2010, 01:07:04 pm »

Spoiler:  large image (click to show/hide)
Also my masons/Architects are incredibkly lazy. I told them to build a well at the only water source I currnetly have before the whole fort dies of thirst. They don't  do it. My bookkeeper then dies of thirst as soon as they get around to finally finishing it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: November 25, 2010, 01:18:18 pm »

If you resize your DF window before posting, then the image will be smaller. For pics like that one, there's no downside.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: November 25, 2010, 01:33:41 pm »

If you resize your DF window before posting, then the image will be smaller. For pics like that one, there's no downside.

Or you could just edit it in MS Paint.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: November 25, 2010, 01:55:48 pm »

I went with the "no effort needed" suggestion.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: November 25, 2010, 02:19:04 pm »

The miners of Dreamnets keep dying.  Even worse, they keep losing/destroying their picks!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: November 25, 2010, 02:34:23 pm »

All of the dwarves in my fort mysteriously worship two gods each rather than only one.  Interestingly, one of my dwarves worships only one god but in her profile it states the fact twice; this might be a trivial bug.  Either way, I think this is new to 0.31.18.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: November 25, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

I just embarked where it's so cold the Aquifier froze when I dug down to it.

Abandon.
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: November 25, 2010, 03:22:52 pm »

The aquifer will only freeze if it's exposed to air, like any other water source.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: November 25, 2010, 04:25:07 pm »

Ah well, got a nice new fortress in a  nice safe place to get the hang of df2010 again after playing 40d for so long.

:D
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #8278 on: November 25, 2010, 04:32:05 pm »

One my dwarves was possessed and produced a figurine. It wasn't worth a whole lot, but it depicted a human being killed by a Cyclops named "Nepe Twinklingmassive the Renowned Sparkle." :D
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: November 25, 2010, 04:41:30 pm »

Had three thieves armed with mythril daggers attempt to steal. They were waylaid, but my swordsman(Who slew a forgotten beast) got her leg dented.
Those pesky thieves also decapitated my guard trolls.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 3842