Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106499 times)

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8250 on: November 24, 2010, 12:35:47 pm »

My dwarves made a statue of the dwarf goddess of suicide. I didn't knew they had goddesses for that.

Also, the dog food industry is coming along well. My dog population just doubled in a matter of days, I have over 20 dogs now, half of them being puppies. When they'll grow up I will butcher them all, and be rich with leather and meat !!! Edit : Tripled ! Three other dogs gave birth, bringing the total of new puppies from 10 to 17.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:45:42 pm by Ancre »

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: November 24, 2010, 12:49:56 pm »

My starting 7 all dehydrated or got killed by Werewolves.  So did most of the migrants.  Right now, I have three dwarves left:  the expedition leader/woodcutter/militia commander (who is in bed resting a werewolf injury - we don't have water, so he's probably doomed), the brewer, and the blacksmith/mason/broker.

So I've got one guy dying, one guy making coffins, and the other guy making wine.  It's been a while since I had quite this much Fun.

Edit:  Oh, and there's a ghost.  I didn't even know ghosts had been added!  :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:57:30 pm by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »

Then the only possible method I see is draining the lake with a pump, channelling down, then sealing from below with a wall.

Exactly. But being the careful person I was, I built a reservoir to contain all the water, so as not to muddy surrounding tiles. To avoid flushing accidents because of rainfall, I built the reservoir over the pond and let the water drain into a farming zone through the passage afterwards. To get into the pond, I constructed stairs, and to seal off the way while keeping all my dwarves inside, I replaced the stairs with ramps and removed them from the bottom. And yes, I sealed the dwarves in with a wall under the northernmost tile of the southern pond.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: November 24, 2010, 02:32:15 pm »

Tigerman caravan got absolutely murdered by Draconians.
FREE METAL!
I'm now constructing a meltworks to melt all this crap.
(And now I have a large diamond on fire)
EDIT:My jeweler just made a schorl bed: "Weeplancers the Snake of Portent"
Epic name for a bed.
EDIT2:FUUUUUU-. . .
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:20:05 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

thedude72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »

The Great Rot has recently taken 37 of our friends and family in Laboreddrinks. Unfortunately, the majority of the deaths were children. The 3 largest families of the fortress have been reduced to only one or two children. Fortunately, the contaminant that caused this disease has been eradicated, and the 9 remaining patients have a chance to be treated properly by the totally overwhelmed medical staff.

The queen has declared martial law in order to curb the recent tantrum spiral. So far, 2 have been arrested for murder, 3 for vandalism, and a marksdwarf was ordered beaten for punching his commanding officer. For some reason, the responding officer decided to use his sword to beat the unruly marksdwarf, and a fine warrior of Laboreddrinks had to be put to rest. He was the first military death since we broke the massive goblin siege 4 years ago. Unfortunately, we must now turn our attention to the kobolds, who have stolen and sold enough from the bodies in the aftermath of The Great War to equip themselves in steel. The warriors of Laboreddrinks will have a hard fight ahead

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: November 24, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »

Part 9 of my LP is update

Writing migrant updates sucks so much. Again, fuck all happened during this update other than the arrival of 4 migrants.

I really don't get why so many of the dwarves in Reveredtour are female. Though it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that god damn demikraken. I fucking hate it. I wouldn't mind if it had just left the map, but instead it keeps swimming back to my fort. Making me think I'm going to catch, then it just goes away. One time it walked right up to a cage trap, then decided to dive back into the ocean. I'm just going to kill this fucker now.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:20 pm »

I finally dwarfed myself :) . Oh, and I now have a hydra :D .
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8257 on: November 24, 2010, 10:58:26 pm »

Writing migrant updates sucks so much. Again, fuck all happened during this update other than the arrival of 4 migrants.

I really don't get why so many of the dwarves in Reveredtour are female. Though it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that god damn demikraken. I fucking hate it. I wouldn't mind if it had just left the map, but instead it keeps swimming back to my fort. Making me think I'm going to catch, then it just goes away. One time it walked right up to a cage trap, then decided to dive back into the ocean. I'm just going to kill this fucker now.
Hey Kraken, you know that dwarves who can swim will actually path through water in this version?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: November 24, 2010, 11:00:06 pm »

Hey Kraken, you know that dwarves who can swim will actually path through water in this version?
if I give swimming to all of my Draconians, will they actually swim through my lake into the fortress?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: November 25, 2010, 12:09:15 am »

The newest legendary artifact in Gulfcraft:
Cave spider silk braies called  :Menwildness the Saveage Speech"

"This is a giant cave spider silk braies. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is made from giant cave spider silk cloth. This object is adorned with hanging rings of limestone. On the item is an image of diamonds in giant cave spider silk".

Looked up brais... I just created a legendary underwear, made of silk, with limestone rings. The first sex toy I've heard of in dwarf fortress.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: November 25, 2010, 12:14:54 am »

Yeah. I still don't trust them. Dwarves can cock up anything. So I'm going to keep them out of the water as much as possible.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: November 25, 2010, 01:40:28 am »

The mighty fortress of Claspedchurches has just broken the back of the third major goblin siege. During the fighting, I noticed that one of my axedwarves was fighting completely naked with no armaments except for his *Adamantine Shield*.  Said dwarf has been renamed Captain America for his awesomeness even though he got no kills. (adamantine shields, do not a good weapon make). However, his ability to survive the entire thing without a scratch while buck naked is most impressive. The siege consisted of 80 goblins, 20+ Trolls, and about 30 giant rats that the goblins rode in on. Captain America was on the front lines the whole time.

Shortly afterwards, I updated from .08, so he no longer suffers from "The Arsenal Dwarf Has Attention Deficit Disorder" Syndrome, and now he goes equipt with normal weaponry, but it was awesome while it lasted.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: November 25, 2010, 02:21:19 am »

I just started a fort where I'm going to seal off and repopulate the caverns with the descendants of my starting 7, should be fun times. A new deep Dwarven civilization, built from nothing. I won't ever even be able to tell how much wealth my fortress has, what with never having anyone with the Appraise skill...
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: November 25, 2010, 02:37:26 am »

A peasant went out crossing a frozen pond, the ice melted, he fell in and died.

His dog went out after him, got trapped in the pond but somehow stayed alive. The water was drained out to fill the underground well, but the corpse was still there, unburied.

The dog, still, has had multiple litters of puppies, and the pond is now more or less a large pit of puppies.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: November 25, 2010, 06:03:45 am »

ONE goblin hammerer has just killed my entire squad. F#CK!!!!So long outfitting them, getting them to hold real instead of wooden weapons. F^CK!!

I like being attacked, but this time, my bridges didn't rise (???) and despite all except one being captured or dealt to with weapon traps, this ONE F*CKING gobbo has almost broken my fort.  That's ALL THE LITTLE MAGGOTS WITH ANY FIGHTING SKILL DEAD!! And the goblin still there...

Now I've got that off my chest, it is kind of fun, but not when horribly unbalanced things happen.  Oh, well.... Time for some fun, I guess...

Cancel the fun - one goblin has just killed all 58 dwarves. F%CK.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:11:22 am by Pukako »

Because DF players are heavily into pain.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 3842