Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106714 times)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8070 on: November 19, 2010, 12:12:15 pm »

Oh, right, the shoes.
... nothing is preventing them from picking up newer ones. They are literally littered EVERYWHERE. Some deceased gobbo must have had your size, don't be picky.
In other news, my first prisoner
It's a bug at the moment, they'll never replace their clothes even though they continue to claim some as their own and store them in their rooms/cabinets.  Play long enough and you have naked dwarves wearing nothing but their stitches and bandages!
Yet another bug? I don't care, nobody will live long enough at this rate for their clothes to be worn out completely; the mysterious infection has claimed another victim that at least reached a bed. I didn't witness her, but from the trail of blood, it seems the source has moved from the refuse stockpiles to a well-defined butchery. But I'm too cruel to do something about it. Don't have time to build enough beds for the new migrants. I'm at 150 dorfs now, seriously.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: November 19, 2010, 12:15:01 pm »

Put them all in the military and assign them all shoes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: November 19, 2010, 12:21:35 pm »

Put them all in the military and assign them all shoes.
Oh, good idea.
... after I get an ideal dwarves-to-bedrooms ratio. I'm starting to like that disease. Targets mainly the useless residents.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: November 19, 2010, 12:32:42 pm »

The first unicorn of this fort has been slaughtered.

Also, artifact warthog bone two-handed sword. ☼4560.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:53 pm »

One of Wipedchannels' fisherdorfs seems to have progressed to Legendary from telling me, repeatedly, that there aren't any fish in the caverns for him to catch.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:38 pm »

Glitterhammers is going okay.

Goblin and shruk are repelled with ease, and minimal casualites (read: wandering cat or peasant stupid to run into wrong direction). No artifacts lately, same for immigrants.

Still waiting for efreet or moloch (or any from 5 still living megabeasts) to come up...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: November 19, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

I just had a small Goblin Ambush.

However my militia number two: A macedwarf and my militia commander. Vs. Several Goblin Pikemen. Both were killed without even hurting a single goblin. A single goblin managed to get inside the walls before the drawbridge was raised, but I lowered it & it ran outside so I closed the drawbridge again.

Alot of my Dwarfs are outside, with the Goblins. The guys left inside are cut off from the farms, and as most of the harvest is trapped outside it won't be long before they run out of food. Luckily they have a well, & the hospital is at least admitting patients, though it remains to be seen what my chief medical dorf can do with them. We've managed to kill a single goblin, it was attacked by about five dogs who tore it to bits. I've lost several dwarfs, not sure how many yet. 34 Dwarfs are trapped outside, only 12 remain inside. I dare not open the gate for fear that more goblins could invade. Luckily this isn't .18 so they won't become partiers, but I have no rock as of yet inside the fortress, and no miners.

27 Dorfs dead in this fort!

Also, as it's above ground, no one's cleaning the blood.

This is a sad sad day for all Dwarf Kind...

Now there's a couple of Elephants joining in the mass slaughter outside of the walls. We can only pray that those trapped outside meet their end quickly.

*edit*
There are some miners making a fight of it outside with their picks, one goblin has a punctured Lung, though the miners are all separated so I don't think they'll manage to fight them off :(

the Chief medical Dorf is trapped outside now, I'm going to have to open the gate & let some guys back in.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:05:55 pm by Herbiie »
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: November 19, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

Fail hit Quote instead of modify :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:58:49 pm by Herbiie »
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:05 pm »

Oh, where to begin, where to begin...

Now that Hushgranite is entirely isolated from the surrounding world, the migrants outside are left to fend for themselves. This means a whole bunch of ghosts, but none of them have (so far) caused any trouble for the fortress. Meanwhile, a merchant caravan got stuck in the airlock and the only way I can get them out alive is by opening both gates at the same time. I opted for a better alternative; seize the goods and wait a year. Assuming, of course, that my 4 Dwarf squad can defeat the guards on this side of the wall. If not... well, I have already created a tomb for them.

Edit: My brewer went insane, killed a dyer and a medical dwarf. Now the rest of my fortress is beginning to fight. I think it's time to wall off some of the areas and pray for the best.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:08:56 pm by Serio »

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:16 pm »

I severely underestimated that syndrome issue.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: November 19, 2010, 04:07:48 pm »

Paddleowners has hit that most dangerous of points for any fortress; the point where there is no more digging to be done, the industries are kicking along nicely with no idlers, it is too early for sieges, ambushes, megabeast attacks, and noble mandates, and random wildlife poses little threat to the continuation of the fortress. In short, the point where the fortress gets abandoned because I get bored of it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: November 19, 2010, 04:10:19 pm »

Megaproject time?

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: November 19, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

Paddleowners has hit that most dangerous of points for any fortress; the point where there is no more digging to be done, the industries are kicking along nicely with no idlers, it is too early for sieges, ambushes, megabeast attacks, and noble mandates, and random wildlife poses little threat to the continuation of the fortress. In short, the point where the fortress gets abandoned because I get bored of it.

Leave it unpaused and go cook dinner.

languard

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: November 19, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »

And turn of pausing for most events.
He's now moping around, doing Armok knows what. As far as I can tell he's just going to stay there, in the party room. Forever.
Given our relationship thus far, I can genuinely say the party has just begun for me. - Captain Mayday,

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: November 19, 2010, 04:15:43 pm »

Quite a roulette actually: it may bring unexpected !!fun!!, or some dwarf might just give birth or get a mood and pause the game.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 3842