Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124240 times)

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6795 on: October 09, 2010, 04:28:51 pm »

So, I decided on my first evil biome embark... Somehow I think that this is going to result in a lot of Fun. I wonder why?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: October 09, 2010, 05:34:00 pm »

So, I decided on my first evil biome embark... Somehow I think that this is going to result in a lot of Fun. I wonder why?
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Sinister isn't that evil. Haunted(For undead) and Terrifying(For evil creatures) are what you should be looking for.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: October 09, 2010, 05:48:00 pm »

Oh, it will. Even better; scout it with a full 16x16 embark to find the magic key to the circus, then re-embark right over it.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #6798 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:39 pm »

Sinister isn't that evil. Haunted(For undead) and Terrifying(For evil creatures) are what you should be looking for.

does sinister have all the plants in it then? cuz thats what ive been looking for (glumprongs and silver barb)
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »

does sinister have all the plants in it then? cuz thats what ive been looking for (glumprongs and silver barb)
It should.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: October 09, 2010, 06:16:36 pm »

No, it's not that evil, but the first thing my stray dog did shortly after I had told my dwarfs to pull apart the wagon was to kill about 4 or 5 zombie groundhogs, lol. He really seemed to have a hatred for them.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: October 09, 2010, 06:21:04 pm »

I embarked on a Terrifying land that turned out to be undead. The first thing to strike were...the groundhogs. The cats dealt with them, with some losses. But it got worse...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GenexController

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: October 09, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »

Well a few days ago i discovered Adamentium or however it's spelt unfortunatly before i could get to it to upgrade my many dwarves into BA soldiers my wood cutter (only dwarf with a weapon at that time) went insane and killed off my dwarves, May  the souls of Ukatalak rest in pease...

On a brighter note my most receant fortress (Started yesterday) has had 2 dwarves go into mood and ive got two usless items out of it, a legenday coffin and a legendary ring made of wood iron and onyx, maby the humans would like the ring...

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: October 09, 2010, 06:37:16 pm »

I believe it is time to bring the fight to their home.

If you can't tell there's a demon civ on a terrifying island that's hot surrounded by a haunted ocean and terrifying mountains. The dwarf civ is gonna have one hell of a time getting caravans here.

E:
Quote from: GenexController
a legenday coffin and a legendary ring made of wood iron and onyx, maby the humans would like the ring...
as far as I know you can't sell artifacts.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:39:02 pm by Zruku »

GenexController

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:02 pm »

I DEFY YOUR LOGIC

fyy0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: October 09, 2010, 06:44:34 pm »

Nothing much, occasional ambushes, but my militia commander essentially handles those by herself, she's at 28 kills now and without a scratch which I found to be pretty impressive considering all the wounds my other less experienced dwarves get, she's literally a kill stealer.  I made an artificial waterfall and decided to empty it into the caverns for fun; but an accident happened and my legendary miner almost drowned, but after racing to dig his way out before his mine shaft filled all the way up he finally made it, though he was hungry / thirsty and it took him a while.  At another pointed I removed all the floors of a 3x3 tile except the center one to see what would happen, a cave in occured and it knocked a couple of donkeys deep into a mine shaft where they promptly died.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #6806 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:19 pm »

I believe it is time to bring the fight to their home.

If you can't tell there's a demon civ on a terrifying island that's hot surrounded by a haunted ocean and terrifying mountains. The dwarf civ is gonna have one hell of a time getting caravans here.

E:
Quote from: GenexController
a legenday coffin and a legendary ring made of wood iron and onyx, maby the humans would like the ring...
as far as I know you can't sell artifacts.
Save that one for when the toady one brings about actual moving caravans across the world map (or has he done that already and i haven't been paying close enough attention?)
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:41 pm »

About a year after the bloody FB, and I think this fort is going to pull through. I quarantined all the animals, and maybe the poison doesn't activate while they're caged, but no more have suffocated. The dwarves don't seem concerned that their furry friends have been impounded, so they can stay there. I wish I could've caged their children too, but apparently that wasn't necessary, they stopped dying, too. More immigrants showed up, and though the population isn't back up, it's got more able-bodied adults than before.

"But what about the children?" eh, I'll have more concern for their welfare when we abolish the child labor laws.

I really owed my survivor more credit. He was the first to make a name for himself, first to become a legendary fighter, and after I made him captain of B-squad, they really started getting up to speed. He's a better commander than the last. They used to all be some asskickers together before I took the mayor off the militia, after about a year of siege. Then he started showing up late to engagements with lame excuses, and not even attending training. I should've sent him back to mining years ago. But Dokol is an awesome fighter and leader, not to mention a solid member of the corp of engineers that my masons are turning into.

My new mayor is decent, though hard to respect; when he first appeared with nothing but a little brewing and a lot of bullshit, I wanted to turn him into a hauler. I made him a nurse, and he became the brewmaster of the hospital. Feeding the sick and serving everyone booze appears to be good for the social skills, so he's left as the best qualified candidate. I'd like to see that potential serve some purpose before he makes demands stupid enough to deserve execution.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: October 09, 2010, 06:55:37 pm »

Save that one for when the toady one brings about actual moving caravans across the world map (or has he done that already and i haven't been paying close enough attention?)
Man, those dwarves would have quite a story to tell their children (if they survived) on how they delivered socks halfway across the world.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: October 09, 2010, 07:23:35 pm »

So another zombie swordfish showed up, no big deal. After all, they're not that dangerous. Oh wait, it just stabbed my Guard Captain in the chest. And he suffocate. Then the swordfish began crawling through the fort stabbing any dwarf it could reach until one of the soldiers went to get some beer and decapitated it along the way. Meanwhile the goblins have set up camp right outside the fort, probably laughing at the sight of dwarves fleeing in terror as a flopping fish zombie shambles towards them.

And while this was going on, another forgotten beast showed up. He decided to announce his arrival by crushing my against a wall. He's currently beating that engraver into a mushy pulp.

And oh, look at that. More zombie fish. Yeah why not. Now all we need are some darnen and ogres to complete the nightmare.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 3842