Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124794 times)

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6675 on: October 05, 2010, 05:59:37 pm »

Weapons in DF are assumed to be rigid. Whips have an insane velocity multiplier.

Those human lasher's went trough my army like they were using miniguns. Bronze whips vs leather armor -> heaps of dwarves corpses.

Saved by Hydra UN intervention in the end :)
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: October 05, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »

Those fucking whales  >:(

They're not even doing anything at this point. They're just swimming in circles, occasionally crawling onto land and diving back in seconds later. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't doing this right under the siege breaker. No progress can be made while they are near it, because the dwarves are terrified of them. I'd say they were overreacting, since the whales can't even reach them (yet), but considering the number of engravings of whales crushing dwarves to death I'd probably run in terror upon seeing them as well. Suddenly one of the horrible monsters you've heard chilling tales about is slowly swimming towards you, probably spurting some kind of noxious fluid out of its rotting blowhole.

I'd send the military to deal with them, but I don't trust soldiers anywhere near water. Which is fucking great when your fortress is on top of the ocean.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: October 05, 2010, 06:47:15 pm »

<wrong thread.  Ignore me.>
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:13 pm »

They're like Boatmurdered's elephants.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: October 05, 2010, 06:51:45 pm »

WHOOPS!
Dropped a bridge on him!
(Literally. I locked out my craftsman, and proceeded to open the outward-facing bridge. SPLAT!)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: October 05, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »

Ah, major excavation of the FOX Head sub-volcanic Magstack is complete! Now I just need to build the actual pumps involved. Oh, and assemble about 143 more doors (less than half the floors need doors!)

Oh yes, and 9 more fox pups were born, only 3 female among this bunch. So, there's now a total of 42 kit! Interestingly, only 15 of them were male... Weird.

4 Wolf pups were also born. Yes, rudimentary animal husbandry is all I have to do while I build to this thing  :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:59:49 pm by DrGravitas »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:50 pm »

mayor just made a 2.6 million dwarfbuck raw adamatine mechanism.  I was going to put it in his room to tell him how awesome he is, but he was possessed, so its gonna go somewhere else.  Perhaps the BEST WELL EVER.

For this you also need a masterful rope encrusted with every gem known to dwarfkind, and a platinum (I will assume not adamantine) block. Also - artifact bucket?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: October 05, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »

And all but the block would have to be Planepackified.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: October 05, 2010, 08:50:52 pm »

mayor just made a 2.6 million dwarfbuck raw adamatine mechanism.  I was going to put it in his room to tell him how awesome he is, but he was possessed, so its gonna go somewhere else.  Perhaps the BEST WELL EVER.

For this you also need a masterful rope encrusted with every gem known to dwarfkind, and a platinum (I will assume not adamantine) block. Also - artifact bucket?
You'd also have to have masterful engravings all around this one hell of a well.
Proud of my heritage.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »

My fortress has a torrent of clowns gushing up the main stairwell.

This is Fun.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: October 05, 2010, 09:04:03 pm »

You'd also have to have masterful engravings all around this one hell of a well.

OH! HEY! It could literally be a HellWell, if the masterful engravings are in the adamantine deposit and you arrange for water down below.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: October 05, 2010, 09:08:02 pm »

OH! HEY! It could literally be a HellWell, if the masterful engravings are in the adamantine deposit and you arrange for water down below.
All we need to do is flood the Circus and construct a well right above the Circus Crew.
Proud of my heritage.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:03 pm »

All we need to do is flood the Circus and construct a well right above the Circus Crew.
I'm pretty sure, now that I think on it, that a Hellwell is the most expensive piece of real-estate possible in DF. (can you make adamantine ropes? or are they chains.)
[/quote]

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: October 05, 2010, 09:14:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure, now that I think on it, that a Hellwell is the most expensive piece of real-estate possible in DF. (can you make adamantine ropes? or are they chains.)
It can be either. The question is: Rope, or chain?
Proud of my heritage.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: October 05, 2010, 10:07:22 pm »

It can be either. The question is: Rope, or chain?
Rope. Made out of adamantine cloth with images sewn into it, if possible.

EDIT: ...hopefully images of what used to be at the bottom of the well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:02:28 pm by Flaede »
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 3842