Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125446 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6375 on: September 24, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »

What the hell?
One of my axedwarves just spontaneously combusted. Seriously, she's on fire and I have no idea why.

EDiT:

And now everyone is absolutely miserable over her death. Goddammit.

EDIT:

And now all my other axedwarves are listed as "Soldering (cannot follow orders)". WHY?!?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:27:21 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: September 24, 2010, 03:32:51 pm »

Soldiers don't pay attention to regular orders like hauling etc, so it displays that instead, IIRC.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: September 24, 2010, 04:05:59 pm »

Soldiers don't pay attention to regular orders like hauling etc, so it displays that instead, IIRC.
They like to display it also if they do NOT do orders without any reason. In other word, bugs.

Granzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: September 24, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »

Downloading the new version now.
I ended the old fortress in one of the ways a fortress should end.
I dug to the river and flooded the entire thing.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: September 24, 2010, 04:41:54 pm »

I just decided to send my 10 man, danger room trained but poorly equipped military to deal with the Human siege of 14. At first it looked OK, everyone was fighting. Eventually I ended up with about 4 dwarves actually doing damage. But holy crap did they do damage. One went damn crazy and slaughtered 3 Humans in a row. They ended up running, my dwarves hunting them down, easily mowing them away. 2 escaped I think. 3 casualties, some fairly big injuries, but by hell we won. Now I have full sets of bronze, plus my hospital should be able to deal with the injured. I'm so happy :D Even though 3 of my dwarves, one of them my best, whom happened to slay my first forgotten beast, will only use shields now due to their lack of one of their hands.  8)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »

So the humans finally decided to end their stupid siege. It has been almost a year since they first launched it. They are far more dedicated to destroying this fort than the goblins. They had been sitting out there so long that their mounts started giving birth to children. They also attempted to kill these children the second they came out of the womb. Apparently when the game makes them hostile it doesn't take into account that they should be allied with the civilization their parents belonged to. So they just end up as generic enemies, resulting in amusing chase scenes in which human swordsman riding camels hunt down baby camels.

And what better way to celebrate the end of the siege than with Forgotten Beasts! Two of them! And my military still sucks. One of them is a giant flying lobster. On top of being able to bypass any my cavern barricades, he also spews deadly dust. He attacked almost instantly, tearing up the entire underground farm. He then encountered a forge master, who he is now chasing in a chamber 3 z levels beneath the heart of Townbrush. What is my military doing? I have no fucking clue. One of them is down in the caverns. The other is messing around outside. The third one is in the food stockpile, presumably shoving as many plump helmets into his backpack as he can to avoid having to fight. These are the brave heroes of Townbrush!
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: September 24, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »

(largish image)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level 6 of 20 of the all-bauxite casting mold for Redtowers.  The rng came up with the name and I obey!
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: September 24, 2010, 09:22:26 pm »

Kill orders on FBs don't work.

Note to self: When making a magma pump stack, make sure EVERYTHING is magma-safe. Especially the blocks.

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: September 24, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »

Nationattics was going well. Nearly a week of real time had passed since those brave pioneers set out, and the mayor finally stopped bitching about his office. I did had to dig a new entrance to it though, since the main hallway had been accidentally converted into a new branch of the river. Luckily, I was able to cleverly divert the flow after only a few z-levels and half a cavern had flooded. The only casualties were to those damn Elk Birds. After I was certain any further expansion would be relatively dry, I continued downward until finding a vein of cotton candy. Having a total military force of five axedwarves, one marksdwarf, and a horse, I decided to proceed carefully so as to not disturb the neighbors below. Unfortunately, it turns out they weren't keen on having their ceiling stripped off, so they came up for a visit before I could make anything out of it.

...A few mistakes had occurred, but overall it was my best fort yet. That, and most definitely no other reasons at all, is why I granted my dwarves the mercy of a quick death by abandoning the fort before the clowns got to them. Yep, that's what I abandoned it for. No other reasons at all. No sirree.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: September 24, 2010, 10:26:30 pm »

My fort almost died of thirst because I only brought 31 of each type of booze instead of my usual 51 and then had issues finding the caverns. Caravan comes, has two barrels of ale. I begin voicing several expletives, then notice they have about a page of plump helmets. So I did my usual thing - I stripped them naked, sold them their own clothes, and kept a full set of armor for my militia commander.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: September 24, 2010, 11:22:36 pm »

(largish image)

Level 6 of 20 of the all-bauxite casting mold for Redtowers.  The rng came up with the name and I obey!
... you know that if you're using constructed things like wall, you could make it out of ICE and it wouldn't matter?

On a side note, I recreated an enhanced version of syrupleaf's tributetower flipping off the world.

and now i'm working on full steel plate.

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: September 25, 2010, 12:14:14 am »

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGRANTS!

And my 'Flood the world with magma' weapon isn't built yet!

Ah well.  They can play with the gorillas and stay.

This time.
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:11 am »

(largish image)

... you know that if you're using constructed things like wall, you could make it out of ICE and it wouldn't matter?

On a side note, I recreated an enhanced version of syrupleaf's tributetower flipping off the world.

It's for the color.  My magma pump stack is made out of chalk.

Doors stop fire, right?

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: September 25, 2010, 12:17:34 am »

(largish image)

Wait, the PUMPS are?
Then they will melt.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: September 25, 2010, 12:22:21 am »

(largish image)

Wait, the PUMPS are?
Then they will melt.

The retaining walls are, I mean.  The pumps themselves are bauxite/iron.

Doors stop fire, right?
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 3842