Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125572 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6345 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:21 pm »

Did Townbrush die?

No. Civilization V was released.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: September 23, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »

i have embarked on a major river.

IT IS HUGE
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: September 23, 2010, 07:20:35 pm »

I embarked on a stream. One of my planters (the glassmaker) got killed by an alligator in seconds.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: September 23, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »

Abandoned the Fort because the new version came up. 3.14 here I go!!! :D
Loving life every second

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: September 23, 2010, 10:21:49 pm »

embarked on a volcano on a isolated island, no contact with anyone but dwarfs...... upon embark, looked for magma... realised that AGAIN I had a volcano which a) exposed the cavern. b) had no magma at the surface because the cavern water was draining into the magma sea, and mysteriously instead of a tall column of magma I have instead a tall empty column in a volcano. Lots of collapse spam in the future, should I keep that embark. On the bright side, should I wish to challenge myself I can literally build a fort in a volcano...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

embarked on a volcano on a isolated island, no contact with anyone but dwarfs...... upon embark, looked for magma... realised that AGAIN I had a volcano which a) exposed the cavern. b) had no magma at the surface because the cavern water was draining into the magma sea, and mysteriously instead of a tall column of magma I have instead a tall empty column in a volcano. Lots of collapse spam in the future, should I keep that embark. On the bright side, should I wish to challenge myself I can literally build a fort in a volcano...

If one volcano in a world doesn't have Magma above the sea, None of them will. It's a result of generating a world with HFS (aka 'Bottom Layer 2') turned off.

IOW, No HFS = No Volcanos or Magma Pools.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: September 23, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

..I've gotten magma pools without HFS turned on before. Sigh. If I have to turn on HFS just to get surface magma, it'll be in a world I generate to be shallow where I'll never tap it because it'll fps-kill the whole fort instantly. Think I'll try a worldgen with hfs turned on for a change; thanks for the tip.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: September 23, 2010, 10:49:41 pm »

Daddy makes a bone artifact and becomes legendary for it. Some years later, his five-year-old little girl does the same. Like father, like daughter....!

Now if only the bone artifacts weren't bugged...

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: September 23, 2010, 11:25:37 pm »

Nothing.  Nada.  MineIron, while a wonderful town that migrated to 31.14, has made zero progress.

Hey if anyone knows how to harass the Black Hills Energy corporation, could you pass that information on to me?  I've got a tazer that needs a workout.
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: September 24, 2010, 02:00:31 am »

Hermitanus has failed me, it's benevolent dictator, for the last time.

Nobles will be summarily smashed beneath the newly inaugurated Nobles-Only Atom Smashing Bridge RoomŪ, while the proles shall be treated a round of miasma-poisoned corpse water, a forbiddance of all rations except biscuits, all served in lead goblets with a side of lye.

Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:10 am »

I just discovered that my hammer dwarf is very particular when it comes to fish. In the middle of a feast in the dining hall, he decided to strike down the fish cleaner. I assume the fish wasn't satisfying. He promptly left the dining hall in what I can only imagine as rage, and now he's back in the danger room with the rest of his squad. In the meantime, the hero of Darkmeadow has been elected mayor. He was the only dwarf competent enough to slay a Gorlak after it bit to death one of the soldiers.

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: September 24, 2010, 06:21:10 am »

Nothing much... HAIL TO THE KING BABY! (Large pics a head!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is in 0.31.12. When he arrived his civ was set to 79, eventhough mine is 78 so I had to fix it with runesmith.

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: September 24, 2010, 07:28:45 am »

Awaiting the completion of my magma piston, I was forced to build some forges just 3 levels above the magma sea. So I set those up, slapped some workorders on them and went on to other matters, unware that I forgot to install anti-magma life measures...

Suddenly: "Urist McSmithy cancels make steel hammer: Interrupted by Magma Man".. First thought: FFFFFF

Fortunately, McSmithy has had a little bit of axe training on the side, making him a competent axedwarf. With the Magma Man blocking the way to my main stairwell, fighting ensues.

The outcome? An obsidian boulder sitting inside the forge, so lucky badass McSmithy, now a skilled axedwarf, can look at it while he's happily hammering away at his next masterpiece.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

bumblepuppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: September 24, 2010, 08:05:50 am »

Nothing much... HAIL TO THE KING BABY! (Large pics a head!)

This is in 0.31.12. When he arrived his civ was set to 79, eventhough mine is 78 so I had to fix it with runesmith.

How old is your fortress that you can have grandparents listed in relationships?

As for what's going on my fort, I think I'm going to have to abandon my favourite nanofort, Graniterazors. Two sieges and countless ambushes over nearly ten years have slowed it down so much I have not having fun with it anymore. 'tis a shame. On the bright side, I'm really pleased with the new fort I have started up, which is another nanofort (I love these) situated right on top of a desert volcano.  :)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: September 24, 2010, 08:08:52 am »

With only 20 dwarves, this is bound to be Fun.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3842