Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125929 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6240 on: September 19, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »

I imagine there's one rubicelle spike coming out of the end of the hilt, and the rest is all addy.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: September 19, 2010, 10:32:35 pm »

An elven caravan came.

I had my 1 military dwarf shoot them all down with a mythryl rifle.

He then ate 1 of them, but allowed the other 2 to be butchered. My chef is currently turning them into -elf brain roast-s.

I built a couple of catapults and a ballista. Training the 2 siege operators up to legendary before they even touch the ballista and my therium ballista bolts, and even then only in event of a sudden gobbo invasion.

Oh, and I got an artifact skirt made of elf leather. Too bad it was a possession, a legendary leatherworker would've been useful.

GOD I LOVE MODDING
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: September 20, 2010, 01:27:31 am »

Well, I had a marksdwarf adventurer serve a bismuth bronze bolt eviction notice to the family of giants squatting on my future fort's embark site. When the giants gave their rollcall of victims, one of then listed the king and queen of some dwarven civ. After taking out the giants, he wandered around looking for a human settlement -- the four giants left him one notable kill short of an extended name. He slaughtered several sasquatches before a unicorn badly wounded him and a pair of giant scorpions finished him off. Either way, I'm re-embarking tomorrow night.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: September 20, 2010, 02:01:02 am »

Started a new fortress in .13. Cold region, vulcano, multiple aquifer layers. I attempted the freeze-aquifer technique for the first time and managed to get both my miners encased in Ice. Luckily the one that died last mined out the corpse of the first, so Urist McCook is the new designated miner. I'm hoping there isn't another aquifer layer below the two I breached already.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: September 20, 2010, 05:40:22 am »

First strange mood of my time playing. He took two bones and a native aluminum and made an artifact throne. Said throne is now his office chair(He's the manager)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #6245 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:18 am »

Dancefloor is sailing along... somewhat smoothly.

• Whenever a goblin ambush arrives, I invariably lose one civilian and one militia dwarf.
  • Since blood cleaning doesn't work, a fair portion of my map is now red.  And that is awesome:D

Super2goten

« Reply #6246 on: September 20, 2010, 07:25:19 am »

Started a brand new region/fortress after my old one got eaten up by demons.

Ignored and laughed at the aquifier warning that came up when I embarked, I wasn't going to let that stop me from making the best damn fortress ever.

Unfortunately The entire area was nothing but sand and water with patches of grass. Least it had lots of trees, currently I have one farm and three tombs underground, everything else is above ground and made entirely of wood or glass and I only have glass thanks to some dwarves bringing some jet with them. (weirdos)

This will be the most awesome place ever given time... Though I have no way of making proper weapons so as soon as anything comes to attack me (the elves obviously, my wooden everythings are laughing at them all the time) i'm dead meat.

But I'm not giving up! D:<

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: September 20, 2010, 07:52:06 am »

I giggled at the name of a deity in this fort. An Glidecleared the Speechlessness of Quietness.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: September 20, 2010, 08:38:31 am »

It is 92kb in size.
That's a lot of text to mull over.
If you don't like the "Your fortress is a deathtrap" style notifications, can't you remove it from the Announcements.txt?

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:45 am »

I am, as per usual, building a multi-level pyramid made out of solid gold to house my legendary seven and any other warriors I see fit (none have died yet... some may need to be sacrificed to Armok, that is, if they all survive construction >;p)

Once I have enough [dead] dorfs in the pyramid, I'll close it off, submerge the whole thing, and build a geoplex underneath it. Maybe I'll even expand into the caverns! This intrepid young dungeon-keeper has a lot of work to do! Ahahaha...

(also: If I lose my millitia commander, whom I have dedicated and named in my honor, all construction will cease immediately and a funeral procession will be held with 'my' body being lowered into the pyramid and everything immediately submerged, with the attending party possibly included.)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #6250 on: September 20, 2010, 09:29:37 am »

I giggled at the name of a deity in this fort. An Glidecleared the Speechlessness of Quietness.

I had an "Airy Cloudyskies the Cloudy Rainy Cloud of Skies", or something along those lines, in my last fort.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: September 20, 2010, 09:32:02 am »

I've actually had the idea (if you didn't notice, I have multiple forts running at any one time) of channeling down all around my fort until I get to a certain depth. I can then use this to fill the upper z-levels with water (or magma) until the whole area is filled. If only the dwarves knew what boats were and how to use them, I could continue to get migrants. :(

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:01 am »

My current fort is getting fucked over by divine forces. While yes, I DID get a bronze-clad human savior who took down ten trolls without breaking a sweat, what did he do after killing the tenth one? He casually waltzed down to the caverns to whack a blind cave ogre more than 50 z-levels below. Now the said trolls are ravaging whatever kind of military I have, bumrushing even an artifact adamantine battle axe and masterwork armor, while a demon is making sure my unconscious legendaries aren't getting up - just standing and waiting for them to get out of the invictible-while-asleep bug. They'll succumb to infection one day, and when they do, my sole survivor (who sadly, very sadly fails at walling off the panic room) will wait it out with over two thousand booze and food at his disposal. Two steel picks, two steel battle axes, three sets of steel armor and weapons, about a hundred logs, et cetera. Everything a successful hermit fortress needs.

However, whatever migrants I get will be tasked with getting rid of THOSE DAMN TROLLS - because it isn't a siege anymore, oh no. The gobbos died off. All that are left are troll squads with a goddamn demon leading them. That, by game terms, is just an ambush.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: September 20, 2010, 02:11:48 pm »

Dancefloor is sailing along... somewhat smoothly.

• Whenever a goblin ambush arrives, I invariably lose one civilian and one militia dwarf.
  • Since blood cleaning doesn't work, a fair portion of my map is now red.  And that is awesome:D

I concur.

...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: September 20, 2010, 02:20:58 pm »

/\
                   ||
I wonder why...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 3842