Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126376 times)

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6165 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

The woodcutters drop their axes because dwarves refuse to use their "civilian labor" weapons in the military, I've been told.  I lost a bunch of woodcutters that way...

That solves that question, but I still can't figure out why the farmer a) had a crossbow, and b) decided to calmly turn around and shoot death in the eye rather than run screaming.

This same farmer later drove a couple of warthogs off my above-ground farm with nothing but fists and pluck.

I should try breeding him.

check what his personality is like, I guess. maybe that had something to do with it?
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: September 18, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »

Urist do you have proof your dragon mod works?  Cause if so I will A) steal it and B) say you are awesome.
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:31 pm »

My engraver is engraving:
Shapes
A swamp titan wandering
Three cougars
Opi(Deity)
Oak
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: September 18, 2010, 06:39:48 pm »

I'm sure the undead and Forgotten Beasts will pick now to attack Townbrush.

Of course >:(

Well I've sent the military to fight Gopet, but I'm not sure they can win. Worst, the whales might go on a rampage while they're down in the abyss.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: September 18, 2010, 06:55:31 pm »

Playing a fort on the wasteland mod, just had a protectron punch a ghoul in the chest, shatter 4 ribs and RIP IT'S HEART OUT!!!  He is currently beating another ghoul to a paste with the aforementioned heart.
Nom nom nom

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »

Urist do you have proof your dragon mod works?  Cause if so I will A) steal it and B) say you are awesome.

It doesn't. I think it can be solved by giving them a nonzero created wealth trigger.

EDIT: Testing with population trigger of 5, created wealth of 10☼.

EDIT2:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I CAN PAVE THIS LAND IN GOLD TWELVE STORIES DEEP. I AM A GOD.

whalebeast.png

Can you give us a description of the beast?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:20:14 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: September 18, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »

-double post-

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: September 18, 2010, 08:20:44 pm »

DeadSpire of Crows has fallen! One of my idiot miners accidentally tapped into a circus, and my incompetent workers, Failed to wall off the area, the stair case, OR the first two levels.

It was a good run. And I'm surprised at how well babies & puppies can slow down clowns.

EDIT: it seems the clowns killed everyone but my mayor, every single cat, dog, baby, elf merchant... except my Mayor, who is still in the stairwell, WITH CLOWNS ALL AROUND HER, she doesn't even have a scratch! I guess this is what happens when you dig to deep and too greedily.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:25:29 pm by Zidane »
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: September 18, 2010, 08:35:01 pm »

I embarked in an abandoned elf town, deconstructed all their shit except their hotel (which I'm using as accommodations for my dwarves while they work to set up real ones) and am currently building a huge wooden tower with the trees from around the town.

I don't even know why.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6174 on: September 18, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »

The most unexpected message:  "A vile force of darkness has arrived".

Why unexpected?  Because I have already carefully walled off the entire edge of the surface with raised bridges, and have gone years without immigrants, caravans, or invaders because my map cannot be entered.

Then I look closer, and realize that the siege is one of my modded underground animalperson races, which is also at war with the dwarves.  And the siege has arrived in the caverns.  I didn't know that could happen.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the forgotten beasts wandering around down there.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: September 18, 2010, 08:47:31 pm »

I embarked in an abandoned elf town, deconstructed all their shit except their hotel (which I'm using as accommodations for my dwarves while they work to set up real ones) and am currently building a huge wooden tower with the trees from around the town.

I don't even know why.

The presence of buildings means it was a human forest retreat, not an elven one.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: September 18, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »

3 ambush sqauds on the summer of the second year.

Now come on, that is hardly fair when my military just suffocated from a forest spider attack. Bloody paralysis.

The humies tried to fight them off, but there were too many, and the fort has fallen.

This is a good thing. I don't know why, but I hated that embark for some reason.

PS. Sphalerite, I thought underground civs were still bugged? Did you manage to get it to work properly?

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: September 18, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »

I don't even know why.

The presence of buildings means it was a human forest retreat, not an elven one.

Oh.  Well either way, I abandoned because I collapsed something by accident and killed half of the 7 (one severely wounded, so half), and the rest wouldn't do anything because there was a fox running around on the top of an abandoned building and the dorfs kept getting scared of it

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: September 18, 2010, 10:21:38 pm »

whalebeast.png

Can you give us a description of the beast?

"A Great Feathered Viper. It has an enormous shell and it squirms and fidgets. Its amethyst feather are downy. Beware its poisonous bite!"

Not that it matters, since a novice fighter decapitated him in one hit. Then a thief stole an adamantine battle axe. Other than that, things seem okay, ignoring the army still standing outside. The siege breaker is about 1/4 of the way done. All of the ballista are set up, but the masons haven't finished construction of the path since it's so damn long. Plus the death of my legendary mechanic means no one is available to link more spikes, so I'll have to get my siege engineer to do that at some point.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: September 18, 2010, 10:24:03 pm »

Beware its gaping maw neck wound!

Also, that's one happy kobold.

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 3842