Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126434 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6060 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:02 am »

Just discovered a funny bug in 30.12 (probably lots of people know of it but it's news to me) - if you deconstruct your depot while traders have all their crap unloaded there, then it, ah ... becomes up for grabs.  Oops.

This has been around for a while and is often used to steal the dwarven caravan's goods.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 16, 2010, 07:53:01 am »

The horses of zombie apocalypse arrived the same day as the caravans and liaison. Before they had drifted in and out of the edges of the territory, but the day that was best for briskly moving all the scattered clutter to a central location was the day they had to spook my haulers and kill their cats. I sent out the squad to take care of them quickly, but every time I would collapse a bundle of them, another knot would show up in another direction and head to the fort at a shambling gallop. They were taken out pretty easily, but that last bunch must've been eating their oatflesh, and they were evenly matched in numbers, and those were the ones that knocked half the squad into the hospital, including the militia commander's lover and the chief medic.

Fortunately I just got an immigrant who was an even better doctor. Unfortunately we didn't have soap-making capabilities, and infection took out three, including the commander's bf. After that, she remained stationed in the barracks/hospital, and kept the remainder of the squad there, unable to perform civilian duties, like treating injured or making soap or getting food. No matter what I did, I couldn't get them back to civilian alert, so I took dwarves out of the squad. As soon as I relieved her of duty, she went insane. Oddly enough, she became lovers with the expedition leader at the same time; if there was a misery fling going on somewhere, it was too quick to witness, and didn't cure her melancholy.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:00 am »

Edit: just had a game crash :-(
re-starting reclaim.

The dwarves of The Barricade of Nuts have departed from the mountain homes of The Awe-inspiring Nets to found reclaim Airarches in the most suitable Terrifying hills I could find. On arrival they discovered not only skeletal elephants tigermen, but zombie elephants tigermen as well. They are presently building outer defences and cleaning up the mess. Militia commander was able to dispatch three zombie elephants, preventing a repeat performance of last year's colonists. went down like a chump in seconds after charging a single skeletal tiger man. Emergency replacement was able to do the job while the skeletal tiger man strangled the mason.

Emergency replacement just had his head kicked off by a skeletal elephant. Now there's an elephant running around inside the fort again. Drafted 2 both of the surviving 4 2.

The second elephant to come along stomped them both.

Crumbled.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:51:59 am by LemonFrosted »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:21 am »

Migrants! A clothier and... seven weavers. Are they my clothier's textile harem or something?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: September 16, 2010, 08:08:47 am »

Starting my first Fortress Defense Mod fort. I managed to find my dwarven heaven - a completely flat site with four soil layers, limestone (!), granite, marble and gabbro.

And it's Untamed Wilds, so grizzly bear army ahoy.

Watering the farms took a while because the water wouldn't spread evenly. So far everything is peachy, and I'm ecstatic about it. Now to transfer it over to 31.13...
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: September 16, 2010, 08:14:36 am »

New fort havent actualy gotten a chance to play yet.. but this looks promising.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: September 16, 2010, 08:40:33 am »

Look on the bright side. Stingrays don't have venom in DF. Also your army of tame animals should hold them off while your dwarves DIG LIKE THEY'RE GETTING PAID FOR IT..

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:25 am »

CRIKEY!

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:33 am »

The dwarves of The Barricade of Nuts have departed from the mountain homes of The Awe-inspiring Nets to found reclaim re-reclaim Airarches in the most suitable Terrifying hills I could find. On arrival they discovered not only skeletal elephants, but zombie elephants and tigermen as well. They are presently building outer defences carving interior facilities and cleaning up the mess. A heard of undead pachyderms bum rushed the cart before the booze was even unloaded. Everyone with axes dead in seconds, survivors running about like manics.

King makes note to send a soldier with next batch of colonists. Dispares paperwork involved.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:09:22 am by LemonFrosted »

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: September 16, 2010, 09:15:46 am »

Spoiler'd for size. No HFS though.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: September 16, 2010, 09:25:48 am »

Finding out that my fort has... well, see it for yourself :P

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:57 am »

The dwarves of The Letter of Scaling have departed from the mountain homes of The Awe-inspiring Nets to found reclaim re-reclaim re-re-reclaim Airarches. This time they mean it. They brought Tossid Mirrorlightnings, the most proficient Axedwarf the royal guard was willing to part with. Also the bean counters decided that since the prior colonists left their supplies behind a full suit of bronze plate could be spared at the cost of splints, cloth, bags, or even an anvil, as those items could be scavenged on location.

Tossid forgot to pick up his axe, but his shield proved a good enough weapon to dispatch four zombie elephants. He is currently stationed (indefinitely) on training at the front gates.

Skeletal elephant kicked a field goal with Tossid's head, helm and all. Rallied survivors no match for the beast.

Crumbled.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:59:26 pm by LemonFrosted »

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:17 am »

Just had about half my milita killed by 4 ambushes :o

Time to upgrade to bronze as iron seems to suck! :-\

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:37 am »

Note to LemonFrosted: Persevere! And keep posting, I'm finding these hilarious. :)
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

hamburgerfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:34 am »

Due to my inept leadership, all but 3 of my 60+ dwarves were killed by a goblin ambush. They are aged 1, 5, and 2, respectively. I am hoping they survive until I get a migrant wave to save my fort.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 3842