Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127107 times)

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5940 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »

Bowedbrooks is doing well 3rd year colonized the first cavern about 2300 in food supplies 47 dwarves and only 6 deaths and a giant toad and a voracious cave crawler named Clicky guarding my entrances. have a 6 dwarf squad used to be 7 until Olin my elite wrestler was strangled to death by a giant humanoid made of vomit.  Oh and WAY too much copper ore.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »

I think I just went through one of the most epic goblin ambush-sets I've ever seen.

First came a squad of goblin speargobbos, found by my emergency alert puppy. I sent in my army, two of whom actually showed up.

They then proceeded to slaughter the goblins with just two -steel shield-s and two *steel battle axe*s.

Then another squad showed up... containing a lasher. I went "OHSHI-" and looked at the Lasher's combat log.

A dwarf had beheaded it in a single strike. 1-hit kill.

Oh, and a master goblin thief showed up afterward, and a dwarf cut him in half. His lower body literally sailed a good 15 tiles off the mountain.

I think I have bred Spartadwarves.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:41 pm »

My site has 400k gold, again. This time, I decided to colonize the caverns, and my mason was killed by a cave crocodile, which was chasing my miner around the fort when I saved.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: September 13, 2010, 10:02:47 pm »

I embarked on a site that was almost entirely mountain, I'm just working down to the caverns so I can start planting. Let's hope we don't starve before then.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: September 13, 2010, 10:34:09 pm »

Guys cave crawlers make some bad ass watch animals Clicky ripped a cave crocidile to shreds with no more then a few bruises
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: September 13, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »

Modding reaction "make slade war hammers" is done. Now I just need to break the game enough to get some slade and I'm God.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KaunMoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: September 14, 2010, 12:07:48 am »

Females Don't have beards. No Goblins either, It's purely big league things up here.

"All dwarves have beards and wear up to 12 layers of clothing, gender is more or less optional."

Currently breading elephants to make warephants, just waiting for the calfs to grow up.. how ever long that takes.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: September 14, 2010, 12:32:39 am »

Modding reaction "make slade war hammers" is done. Now I just need to break the game enough to get some slade and I'm God.

... if slade can even be recognized as a material, then the easy part is the part you haven't done yet: You just need a very basic smelting reaction to convert any given material into the material "slade".
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: September 14, 2010, 12:45:03 am »

A paved road is considered a building, so I can't use it as an anchor-point for my drawbridge, to fling visitors at my front gate. And I had it all done i bauxite, so the reds would stand out!

Now my mason-mechanic, who's been doing all the work, is getting drunk and taking the squad down to the circus. Only two hatches stand between us and the real fun!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: September 14, 2010, 12:59:58 am »

Lost my glassworks to an aquifer breach. Sealed it off (barring a Building destroyer coming through) and have Paved over the Damaged cells in my Reactor. attepting to modify the design to not make the entire area a waste.

New Modifications include replacing the Axles with Gear assemblies, so I can actually TURN IT OFF if I notice things getting out of hand without the power moving down the line and causing all cells to activate, as well as allowing a slow, gradual power up. I've also added a few retaining walls to (hopefully) force water where I want it go
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:23:59 am by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: September 14, 2010, 02:00:13 am »

Pinebasements is now properly Dwarfified with magma spewing out the front gates.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: September 14, 2010, 02:53:28 am »

In lordrooms, I have finally went and pierced a cavern layer(I technically pierced the third one when a dwarf fell into the volcano, but meh.)
An outpost liasion is still to meet with my comatic mayor(His lower spine is... and it isn't exactly working. I am tempted to go and manually replace the mayor via the nobles screen. Also apparently you don't need a hospital zone for medical things to be preformed; The mayor apparently had his wounds sutured.

KaunMoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: September 14, 2010, 04:16:25 am »

I think my elephant breeding chamber is overflowing, the door leading to it is both locked and pet forbidden, and now 5 elephant calves have teleported to the other side of it.

30 elephant calves and counting, food? No problems. Security? Mwahahahahahahaha.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: September 14, 2010, 06:02:05 am »

Just genned a world which has two large rivers, one of them is 50 tiles wide and freezes over in winter.

Guess Where I'm sticking down the first stone?  :P

Edit: Curse Armok. My embark was half on the ice half off... I've lost half my cargo and two dwarves. >.>

Edit 2 : Curse Armok some more. It included all my booze.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:07:50 am by Xzalander »
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: September 14, 2010, 06:04:51 am »

Just had the fourth battle for Cloisteredwood, 7 dwarfs were killed, 6 of them soldiers. The courtyard infront of the inner gate is slick with blood. The Swordsdwarfs that held the goblins at the main gate shall never be forgotten.... There's apparently still some Goblins somewhere, as there's still the siege sign. If it doesn't go for a while I'll send out a patrol from the granite tooth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does anyone know how I can get the dwarfs to clean up the blood outside? I would create an intricate system of pumps if I had a river but I don't :(

*edit*
Turns out there was a whole other wave of goblins, they got fought off quite quickly, though a couple of my civilians were killed outside of the walls... meanwhile due to all the death etc. one of my farmers has gone insane.

*edit edit*
After a final body count it turns out that there were 43 Goblins in the last attack, 31 are dead. 8 Dwarfs died, 2 of them civilians. Several tantrums/insanities inside the fortress as a result. Is this the end of Cloisteredwood?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:39:46 am by Herbiie »
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 3842