Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127180 times)

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5925 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:03 am »

Fort Lordwall, governed by the group of dwarves The Castle of Artifacts has finally completed its preparations for flooding Ground Zero with magma. What was wanted to be a gush of magma was a trickle. The Miners and Architects reponsible for this less than impressive display have been flayed. They are making progress on a pressurised magma cannon. Failure to Masterpiece this project will result in them becoming ammunition.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

benas424

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSIC_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: September 13, 2010, 10:51:20 am »

Doing my first project (30 z-level drop to make useless dvarves go SPLAT). Also, trying to find magma and/or decent materials to smith. Wondering what (Fun, of corse) thing to do with a berserk dwarf that is locked in a room... heh heh... Thinking of a way to kill elf merchants without something too elaborate (i'm a pathetic noob :P )

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:56 am »

I'm kind of annoyed, I discovered 2 cavern layers, didn't breach them and now I've just seen my 3 first forgotten beasts. No Fun yet. Ah well.
Do caravans come during sieges? Humans are sitting on the edge of the embark and I want my Gypsum imports  >:(

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #5928 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:13 am »

Sazirruthösh has fallen. Again. Next time I'm going to bring a few good soldiers on embark, and a bunch of peasants. >.>

benas424

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSIC_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: September 13, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

did the 30 z level drop, and i found body parts 4 z levels above, and one still in the air, 3 z levels above

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »

Starting to crank out my Bluemetal swords. should give my military a, hehe, edge.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

KaunMoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: September 13, 2010, 03:09:28 pm »

Constructing devious labyrinths underneath Strokedlabours to deal with sieges, elves, nobles and fun stuff.

Current siege has to be disposed of quickly before my of them arrive and completly kills my FPS, 210 active invaders and 30 caged.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: September 13, 2010, 06:57:16 pm »

Razorcovens was incredibly lucky today. Do not feel empowered by your victory.

As we speak, The Captain of the guard, and Cerol the Wrestler/Axedwarf are in the Hospital while our medics rush to save them. Cerol Got off luckier than poor Ablel did, only a mostly broken arm and shoulder, and a badly beaten leg. The Captain is in critical condition, and will never function again. We are honorbound to attempt to help him recover, but the odds are very poor. The Colossus grabbed her by the head, crushed every bone in it, and destroyed her eyes and face. Nearly every bone in her body was shattered and thrown far out of place. She has likely giver her life to protect our fair metropolis, and is a model Dwarf, for though she was beaten to within an inch of her life, she remains in the highest of spirits.

Our gear was simply insufficient. we do not have equipment that can penetrate Bronze easily. Bronze! what are we, elves? In the coming months HQ is routing significant dwarfpower away from municipal functions and into military fortification. you can all expect a nice +Steel Breastplate+ soon. Until then, keep up with your training, your form was good, but could have been better. Next time a Titan comes, we will be ready.

(OH! She's ecstatic because "She doesn't really care about anything anymore")
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:21:20 pm by lanceleoghauni »

*Mayor facepalms*

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: September 13, 2010, 07:39:19 pm »

I'm playing as a modded race called Draconians.
My trolls have effectively beaten the ever-living crap out of the undead deer.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: September 13, 2010, 07:46:13 pm »

Ouch o_o looking more closely at the combat report and wound list it looks like my Captain of the Guard literally had her face RIPPED OFF.

*Mayor facepalms*

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:43 pm »

Look on the bright side whenever you have a seige the first thing they will see is a faceless dwarve decked in steel.  It will care the hell out of the gobos
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

timtek

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Tacos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:21 pm »

Look on the bright side whenever you have a seige the first thing they will see is a faceless dwarve decked in steel.  It will care the hell out of the gobos

Do faceless dwarves get to keep their beards? I sure hope so.
My fortress brings all the dorfs to mah yard...

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: September 13, 2010, 09:25:18 pm »

Females Don't have beards. No Goblins either, It's purely big league things up here.

*Mayor facepalms*

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:00 pm »

Sunanvil continues, even with the woodcutter having died due to not having enough wood for a possession. The irony is amazing.

Oh, and I just figured out you can melt-designate ore. No more having Urist McSmelter run down to the magma sea for ore, then run back up to his volcano forge, no siree!

Oh, and the HM weaponsmith I got a while ago went moody and made a steel crossbow. I am still waiting for one worthy to wield it to arrive.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:28 pm »

My experimental water reactor went critical.

To make matters worse, to conserve power, I'd installed axles instead of gearboxes, and I wanted to get it operational, so I tested my 5-cell design. It's currently flooding the chamber.

*Mayor facepalms*

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 3842