Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127448 times)

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5835 on: September 11, 2010, 06:42:54 pm »

I just built a trading center out of forgotten beast soap!!!! Also I just got my 7th lame artifact. It's a wooden chair. I guess I should be glad it's not a sock or an amulet.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: September 11, 2010, 06:44:02 pm »

On prior mention fort. Just lost my Lead Legendary miner and his only apprentice. Its now down to the legendary mason to teach some new recruits something he has barely any ability in. Luckily he is Competent Teach.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: September 11, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »

I just built a trading center out of forgotten beast soap!!!! Also I just got my 7th lame artifact. It's a wooden chair. I guess I should be glad it's not a sock or an amulet.
"These walls are made out of such exotic material. You must tell us what it is!"
"A gaunt walrus twisted into a human form. Soap."

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: September 11, 2010, 06:55:22 pm »

I'm on a small sliver of land straddling a frozen sea, and the idea hits me "Why don't I just engrave the entire surface of the ocean" I can imagine, Millenia after the fort's demise that an adventurer stumbles upon the site, Constant blizzards obscuring everything (seriously it snows like, all year, for almost ever), rogue packs of walruses traversing the frozen land. He sets up camp for one night, and starts wiping the snow away to place his bedroll, and there, engraved in the ice, is the story of our people.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: September 11, 2010, 06:56:55 pm »

I'm on a small sliver of land straddling a frozen sea, and the idea hits me "Why don't I just engrave the entire surface of the ocean" I can imagine, Millenia after the fort's demise that an adventurer stumbles upon the site, Constant blizzards obscuring everything (seriously it snows like, all year, for almost ever), rogue packs of walruses traversing the frozen land. He sets up camp for one night, and starts wiping the snow away to place his bedroll, and there, engraved in the ice, is the story of our people.

Or more in true dwarven fashion the new campers set up a fort, dig their way through the ocean to make a Ice Fortress and only just notice the engravings once they Boatmurder the world. :P

Also last Worldscreen update before I hit the hay.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9524/screenshot6j.png [Again not for 56kers.]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:58:47 pm by Xzalander »

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: September 11, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »

Well, if they dug down they'd run into MY fort, which is basically only hidden by snow. but of course, they'd have probably seen my ten story tall Storage silos and 9 story tall Solid-Ice Keep before they noticed the engravings.

*Mayor facepalms*

randompeep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: September 11, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »

Oh, the usual first-year going on with the fort. Food's good, booze is fine, a raccoon stole a wooden training axe that could be replaced. (Funnily enough, that axe was sitting on top of a cage trap.) Blasted scavengers...

All in all, a nice Obsid-

FORGOTTEN BEAST?! Pterosaur with webs?! adaasasdjasdjhf

(The way in is sealed for now, but my miners are mining out a vein nearby...)

Also, kobold thief can't even get past the wall I'm building. Stop suspending my wall constructions!

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »

Totally decided to test a theory: Generate old world, so many races are dead. Set Max framrate to something my computer will never reach and set max. pop. to about 10 or so. Start Fort, have 10 dwarves pass time very quickly, but sealed in, initiate breeding programme, make dwarf babies.

Plan? I THINK SO.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: September 11, 2010, 07:31:53 pm »

Totally decided to test a theory: Generate old world, so many races are dead. Set Max framrate to something my computer will never reach and set max. pop. to about 10 or so. Start Fort, have 10 dwarves pass time very quickly, but sealed in, initiate breeding programme, make dwarf babies.

Plan? I THINK SO.

Nice plan.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: September 11, 2010, 07:45:06 pm »

Anyone else noticed that Sculpted Ice floors don't ever seem to get quality levels?

*Mayor facepalms*

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: September 11, 2010, 08:20:47 pm »

6. DrGravitas cancels upload image: Stonesense is still drawing.
Yesh, about time... I don't think I have to tell you, this is a large image:

Infact, the .png was too big for imageshack so I used Mediafire instead. The Download is the full size image.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: September 11, 2010, 08:29:13 pm »

my ice seems to be melting into "piles of Gabbro"

*Mayor facepalms*

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: September 11, 2010, 08:52:12 pm »

Oh Shist!

Things just took a Fun turn. A family of alligators just found their way into my main water pipe and have taken up residence under my well. My first realisation of this was when one of them started taking bites out of the nearby dogs and dwarves. I've isolated the well room but now I've got to get my (basically non-existant) military to deal with these alligators. Also, just a few seconds later a cyclops has arrived on the surface to make my life even more fun. Hopefully my cage traps will deal with it.

Oh, and by family I do mean family. There are 2 adults and a baby alligator sitting around there chewing on the mangled corpses of my dogs.

EDIT: Oh wow. Turns out there were quite a few dogs locked in there with the alligators. Also turns out that ~20 dogs < 2.5 alligators. Now my well room is literally plastered in dog chunks and alligator blood. Should be fun for my cleaners. Also, yes. I now have a caged cyclops. I'm not sure what to do with it, but I'm thinking an arena may be in order.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:08:11 pm by UberNube »
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: September 11, 2010, 08:56:03 pm »

Cage traps > cyclops.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: September 11, 2010, 09:34:35 pm »

So I just accidentally flooded part of the world with magma do to bad planning.
It is flowing really slow though
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 3842