Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6130135 times)

Tulisan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5310 on: August 26, 2010, 12:30:04 am »

Trying to figure out the cause of why all my animals are dizzy whislt trailing blood with bruised feet and randomly started to die (mostly cats). My dwarves are affected too, 19 children and 2 - 6 adults. Their hands and feet are marked yellow and its starting to worry me... Its as if a plauge has started to spread!

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: August 26, 2010, 12:33:46 am »

Trying to figure out the cause of why all my animals are dizzy whislt trailing blood with bruised feet and randomly started to die (mostly cats). My dwarves are affected too, 19 children and 2 - 6 adults. Their hands and feet are marked yellow and its starting to worry me... Its as if a plauge has started to spread!

Did you kill a FB recently? Did it have "deadly blood?"

I'm happy to say my military easily killed a titan, and my deathtrap is piling high with goblin bones. But I've lost 3 straight caravans to said goblins, and my dwarves are up to their beards in junk they couldn't sell and junk they picked up from the caravans. That plus the 100 dwarves and small army of war dogs is causing epic lag, and I'm afraid I'll have to abandon. :(

Tulisan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:51 am »

I'm happy to say my military easily killed a titan, and my deathtrap is piling high with goblin bones. But I've lost 3 straight caravans to said goblins, and my dwarves are up to their beards in junk they couldn't sell and junk they picked up from the caravans. That plus the 100 dwarves and small army of war dogs is causing epic lag, and I'm afraid I'll have to abandon. :(

well.. three FBs actually.. but that was years ago (about 4 years). Darned FBs, still trying to get me from beyond the grave, creepy.
Now I gotta think of a way to clean it (flood that area?)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:31 am »

Okay, so artifact aluminum sword is a wthvaluable useless piece of crap. Got it.

I just got a migrant wave.... OH DEAR LORD.

4 leatherworkers and some other stuff. 4. STUPID. LEATHERWORKERS.

I hope they learn to engrave very quickly.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: August 26, 2010, 12:44:03 am »

well.. three FBs actually.. but that was years ago (about 4 years). Darned FBs, still trying to get me from beyond the grave, creepy.
Now I gotta think of a way to clean it (flood that area?)
Flooding with water it will only make it worse, as it will spread it.
Flooding with magma is a bad idea in general, but it will get rid of the blood

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: August 26, 2010, 12:47:24 am »

Adding water to blood spreads the blood around. The fact that mostly animals and children are affected means dwarfs with shoes and gloves are at least partly protected, so you definitely need to make some of those ASAP. The safest thing to do is quarantine the infected, seal off any contaminated parts of the fortress, and hope you can keep the rest of the population clean.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5316 on: August 26, 2010, 12:50:18 am »

maybe using the dfcleanmap application while making them bathe should work.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: August 26, 2010, 01:28:33 am »

After FINALLY calming the tantrum spiral and doing whatever possible to stem the zombie woodland creature attack, the dorves started in on a moat. The goblins attacked and I wound up with a dozen of them in cages, which make splendid dining room decor.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: August 26, 2010, 01:38:50 am »

Furthermore, after the Countess and her baby were drowned "accidentally" in a relief cistern, the artifact produced immediately afterwards was "The Torment of Tunnels"... a green glass BUCKET.

I can't help but suspect there was some comedy involved in that possession.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Dingledodie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: August 26, 2010, 01:56:36 am »

Fort Just crashed, now I have to restart my wonderful living quarters that I build up just for my artisans. Darn bugs.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: August 26, 2010, 02:24:58 am »

Another fort with absolutely nothing attacking outside a few thieves here and there. Apparently i don't even rate master thieves, just regular ones.

I'm gonna go make a fort in an absolutely terrible spot just to see if something will attack me there.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: August 26, 2010, 03:42:07 am »

What's going on in my fort?

War Grizzly Bears

Arbitrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:01 am »

A mature fort got wiped out because my Master File Table became corrupted during a save >.< 

So in the new one, 2 years in, had to dig to z -60 for flux.  Was hoping to find some magma as well, but no luck so far.  Or, to put it in a punny way...

I found a layer of marble after having to tunnel 60 z-layers down.  It was not Gneiss.

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: August 26, 2010, 04:14:30 am »

I've decided to build an above ground fort and a year in it seems to be going fine.

My only problem is that my Dwarfs don't seem to want to get rid of the above ground remains.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: August 26, 2010, 04:24:02 am »

o-r-o (Orders, Refuse Orders, Toggle Ignore Outside Refuse)

Should do it.

My fort got wiped out by a delightful 4 stacked ambush. Pity, military really wasn't prepared. NEW ICE FORT!
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 3842