Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096812 times)

Tale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4830 on: August 09, 2010, 10:37:33 pm »

Oops, I counted too early.  There's a Goblin left running around.  3 more down.  Maybe 4 left trapped up top.

Tale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:46 pm »

FUDGE, he's inside.  6 more down. WALL OUT THE UPPER LAYER

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: August 09, 2010, 10:57:33 pm »

I just found out exactly how pressurized my water system is, the lever for refilling wells should be flipped twice near instantly, anything more will result in fortress flooding... thank god all my wells are behind several doors.... still managed to partially flood my forge works somehow.

Tale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »

Okay, so there's maybe 9 more down since I last reported.  All to this one supergoblin.

6 Dwarves left in the fort.  I've trapped the Goblin on the upper level.  Which also happens to be with 4 of those remaining 6.  No big loss really as they're all in hospital beds dying anyway.

The two survivors are miserable and wounded.  But might pull through.

Edit: Scratch that.  One of the two survivors is my broker, wandering aboveground.  And there's actually 3 goblins running lose.  No way is he going to make it.  This just became a hermit game.

Double Edit: Apparently I didn't wall off like I though. :'(  They've found the survivor.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:04:39 pm by Tale »

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: August 10, 2010, 12:13:32 am »

Trying to get my Aquifership idea functioning. I might have to turn off Forgotten beasts and such to make science happen more smoothly. I've already accepted that I'll have to drop in a floor plate of some kind. then drop the vessel into the depths. the aquifer stone it'll be composed of should create a handy protective layer of obsidian around the whole thing.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: August 10, 2010, 04:20:01 am »

cats on fire.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:34 am »

cats on fire.

This.  It is a perfectly condensed statement.  These three words is all it takes to create a horrible landscape of death and destruction in your mind as the cat wanders around the fortress, lighting food stockpiles on fire, dropping flaming vermin in the refuse piles.  And all the while the cat's owner is fleeing in terror from the small mewing fireball chasing him around the fortress.

Thank you.[/thread]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: August 10, 2010, 11:32:25 am »

My soap plan has hit a snag: I'm in the glaciers with very few trees, so I figure I cut to the chase and order lye from the next caravan.  The caravan doesn't have any lye and I have several injured dwarves with infections and no soap.  A couple of seasons later, after the caravan has left, I find the lye.  It's frozen solid in the outdoor trade depot...

*facepalm*

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: August 10, 2010, 11:50:06 am »

cats on fire.

This.  It is a perfectly condensed statement.  These three words is all it takes to create a horrible landscape of death and destruction in your mind as the cat wanders around the fortress, lighting food stockpiles on fire, dropping flaming vermin in the refuse piles.  And all the while the cat's owner is fleeing in terror from the small mewing fireball chasing him around the fortress.

Thank you.[/thread]
All the while Billy Joel rocks away in the dungeons, proclaiming his innocence as the burning food is brought to him.

Tale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: August 10, 2010, 11:58:02 am »

My third fortress in as many days.  I'm going with the traditional drawbridge defense.  Flooding a waterlevel entrance doesn't seem to stop Goblins murdering everyone in their first ambush.  I've started my fortress plan immediately.  My farms are running a little late, but there's plenty to gather around.

Thankfully the first immigrant wave brought a third miner.  More wood than god which will prompty be put to use for barrels and bins.  One of the big failing points of the last fort.  Not enough barrels for booze, not enough bins for space.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:02:37 pm by Tale »

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: August 10, 2010, 02:01:45 pm »

A Forgotten Beast is climbing upstairs to my main fort.
A great one-eyed hare twisted into humanoid form. It squirms and fidgets. Its burnt sienna hair is long and shaggy. Beware its deadly spittle!
My first FB and I didn't know it could swim. AND I'm still trying to figure out why my military doesn't train at all.
That was quite funny fort... First and only artifact to be created was a THONG... great. And now a great HARE is going to conquer it!

EDIT:

*facepalm*
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:23:22 pm by Valguris »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: August 10, 2010, 05:07:39 pm »

Got Clothier migrant. Do not want.
Have no cloth. Do not want.
Have bad fort. Do not want.

So I tried a little dwarven science and tried to make the Clothier's workshop out where the enemy goblins are sure to come through (have no other choice but than to come through). The idea was that this Clothier would (as the most skilled thing I have) get a mood. It worked! I figured he would sit there in that workshop forever until he went berserk, because screw him.... 

I hoped this berserk state would be on the goblins.
It was. He died. They didn't.

He did manage to go berserk just before the siege though! Thus the Gobs were around when he went nuts. He thought he was really going to hurt someone. He did not....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: August 10, 2010, 09:52:42 pm »

Ugh. Considering abandoning my Fortress right now. Everything is a mess. Goblin corpses are everywhere. My megaprojects construction has come to a halt, and it's disorganized as well. I can't figure out a way to fix anything either. The Fortress has become horribly convoluted at this point. I'd hate to abandon after all the work I have put into it but I don't see what I can do to fix it at this point.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: August 10, 2010, 10:06:29 pm »

Year three.

"You have acquired a breeding triad of alligators!  Praise the... elves?"  (One male, two females.)

Still not through the aquifer level.  Beginning to understand why some people remove aquifers from the game entirely.

Have 102 dwarves, created wealth has not yet cracked 300k.  Finally got a second goblin child thief.  Should have been sieged by now, really.  Everyone is ecstatic.  I don't know why.  My dining room consists of four wooden chairs and tables in a dirt hallway.  Mayor has another baby.  Hopefully she'll drop it in the aquifer excavation pit too because I already have more dwarves than I can comprehend.

Also, like two pages of legendary pump operators.  I've noticed that while "legendary" no longer equals "godlike fighter", experienced miners and woodcutters make short work of beasties.  Were they just lucky, or do the legendary still get a boost?

Have huge piles of turtle/mussel shells.  Fish everywhere.  Drafted a useless peasant into bonecarving just to get rid of the things.  I'm guessing it's the upside of the aquifer--never had successful fishing industry in 2010.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:39 pm »

Under siege by Humans. What the hell? All I ever did to them is letting them fight Goblins while I was locked in my fortress, and now they are pissy?
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 3842