Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101102 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4110 on: July 04, 2010, 11:27:23 pm »

I'm getting constantly attacked by Crundles and Giant Olms and Cave Ogres and such that my military takes forever to kill because they all suck with weapons, and there's little to no food due to the fact that, for some reason, I can't get anybody to hunt, and parties keep getting thrown, but, due to a REALLY nice dining hall, most of my dwarves are ecstatic, or atleast happy, also, I uncovered a cavern out of boredom, probably where all the Crundles are coming from.
My fortress has a name which doesn't even make sense.... Hameyell.

"Hame" is an old word for home.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: July 05, 2010, 01:53:55 am »

I've decided to conduct another mega project in addition to building a massive lighthouse. I'm going to remove large portions of the land surrounding my fortress, effectively allowing the ocean to spread around and surround the fort. I'll build the lighthouse so that it rises out of the ocean rather than being situated next to it. Hopefully I won't screw this up and flood everything/plunge the entire fort into the ocean, again.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: July 05, 2010, 03:40:52 am »

Had a Dwarf recently that I nicked-named 'Immortal' was heavily damaged in a siege. His legs are broken and mangled, spraying blood. His hands are broken and mangled. Oozing blood. Arms are the same, Head skull and brain are the same.  Liver is the same. Lungs are the same. Eyes. Heart.  Everything. EVERY SINGLE PART OF HIM.

He is literally bleeding out of every orifice. He's unconscious and in extreme pain, Heavily bleeding, and completely unable to breathe.

Now, that all sounds run of the mill.  That Dwarf should die soon. "Haha." You're thinking "Stupid name to give a dwarf that's going to die soon."

...Alright, now what if I told you he sustained his injuries in a siege 4 years ago and he's been laying in a coma, oozing spraying blood, with two broken lungs and a destroyed brain...FOR 4 YEARS.

His thoughts haven't changed in 4 years. Almost like he's been frozen at the moment of his coma for all time.  They read: 'Immortal' has been ecstatic lately. He lost a pet.   He has sustained major injuries recently.  He is quite pleased with making an artifact.

It's almost has if his mediocre artifact crown is sustaining him.

tabaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: July 05, 2010, 06:53:36 am »

Ok I found Dwarf Fortress about a week ago and now I’m hooked especially after reading Boatmurdered.

Anyway my first serious attempt at a fortress Hachetworshipped is now in Mid-summer of its second year with a population of 38. Food and grog appears to be reasonably stable at the moment despite the fact that I have no farms I attribute this success to Thikut 'Green Thumb' Rigothilun a legendary herbalist my first legendary dwarf of the fort. Hopefully the 8 field irrigation system will be up before the next year. The current excavations have revealed large amounts of Rock salt, Sylvite, Limonite, and Bituminous coal.

Notable events so far include founding 7 member Doren Akrulenas was involved in a cave in incident in late summer of last year after crawling back and collapsing in the trade depot he has not yet recovered from his broken ad smashed open fourth toe on the right foot. No one has thought to move him to the hospital named in his honour. Also Bembul Fikodfikuk a Miner was taken by a fey mood (nearly went mad until I traded for a bin of elfin cloth) and created the First artefact of the fort.

Bakustusur Saringiz 'Urgespoils the Unswerving Ceiling' This is a gypsum floodgate all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality it is encircled with bands of gypsum this object menaces with spikes of rope reed fiber.

In an unrelated note I have a massive defoliation campaign planed to take place shortly. (It was daylight robbery I tell ya) other projects include kick starting my iron industry, a high density housing complex, a military gatehouse and finishing the cisterns and pumps for the high powered triple flushing drawbridge covered pits guarding my main entrance.

[edit] another of my dwarfs just made a Bituminous coal toy boat with an image of my artifact floodgates on it in donky bone
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:56:33 am by tabaris »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: July 05, 2010, 08:13:12 am »

A camel just scared a glassmaker into jumping into the volcano. Then, my woodworker got pissed off and started tossing camels in after him. F*** yeah.

Also, posessed bowyer. A while ago, I got a migration wave composed entirely of bowyers.

EDIT:

There goes a wrestler. Goddamn camels, shutting down the whole fort.

EDIT:

Chased 'im out of the volcano area. Through the cage traps. The EMPTY cage traps because everyones too terrified of the crundles and camels to work.

EDIT:

Dwarves are in Benny Hill mode now. The problem is that they keep pathing to where the camel WAS, and ignore where the camel IS.

EDIT:

And, apparently, my axedwarf was one of those who fell to the magma-camel. Why? WHY? :DIHF:PSOIFHPOGDHFPGOUHDgf
Someone really needs to make a Dwarf Companion for 31.

EDIT:

I'm using a labyrinth system to maximize my trap efficiency. Combined with a ton of stonefalls, I should be able to defend myself from the barrage of crundles and camels that are assulting my fort.

Also, did anyone else watch Xanatos's Gman squad? "You have to kiss my crundle".

EDIT:

Dwarves should know to chase animals and invaders into traps.

EDIT:

Camel killed my legendary mechanic. Camels. My god.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:45:07 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: July 05, 2010, 08:47:57 am »

And, apparently, my axedwarf was one of those who fell to the magma-camel. Why? WHY? :DIHF:PSOIFHPOGDHFPGOUHDgf
Someone really needs to make a Dwarf Companion for 31.

Dwarf Therapist.
Runesmith.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: July 05, 2010, 09:11:44 am »

Nothing is going in my fort thanks to my military never training no matter what I do. It's been paused due to training bugs for several days now :(
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: July 05, 2010, 09:38:08 am »

Mah fart is w8tn fr de nu vrsn of dorf fehrtruz

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:22 am »

Mere seconds after killing the previous FB, a new one shows up: a one-eyed deer with mandibles, grey hair, a bloated body, and beware it's poisonous gas!

With quick thinking, and a little savescumming, I managed to construct a floor over the staircase, sealing it in. The first attempt at killing it failed miserably, due to the fact that half my military decided to go the dining room, and sat there while the damn thing got into the living area on the same z-level.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: July 05, 2010, 11:03:55 am »

Mere seconds after killing the previous FB, a new one shows up: a one-eyed deer with mandibles, grey hair, a bloated body, and beware it's poisonous gas!

With quick thinking, and a little savescumming, I managed to construct a floor over the staircase, sealing it in. The first attempt at killing it failed miserably, due to the fact that half my military decided to go the dining room, and sat there while the damn thing got into the living area on the same z-level.
A deer predator-cyclops? We need that in-game!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: July 05, 2010, 11:09:46 am »

I just got a three-eyed web-shooting mite myself. Shouldn't be too hard.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: July 05, 2010, 11:14:16 am »

Ah, crap. Why haven't i seena a SINGLE FB in my game? Actually, I haven't even been sieged or attacked by anything!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:45 am »

Forgotten beast killed a carpenter, troll killed another, mining accident killed a miner...

EDIT:

Oh, and also my broker has landed upon a tree.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: July 05, 2010, 11:28:10 am »

Ah, crap. Why haven't i seena a SINGLE FB in my game? Actually, I haven't even been sieged or attacked by anything!

Why do you want a flying ball of vomit to show up and wreck your fort?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: July 05, 2010, 11:30:37 am »

Or worse, glob of snow with a poison that insta-rots anything it touches?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 3842