Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101541 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4050 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:26 pm »

A random zombie camel wandered into our fortress, and well 23 peasents, with no weapons killed it, via dogpile and they pulled it's head off, my cook is now wandering around with the zombies head in his hands.... and now he's brewing with it still in his possesion..
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: June 29, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »

A random zombie camel wandered into our fortress, and well 23 peasents, with no weapons killed it, via dogpile and they pulled it's head off, my cook is now wandering around with the zombies head in his hands.... and now he's brewing with it still in his possesion..
Urist McBrewer: Its fer me special new brew: Braaaaains!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: June 30, 2010, 12:33:03 am »

Currently I'm building a drow fortress with a playable drow mod I found.  Some kobold thieves just tried to enter my fort... only to be stopped by two or three drowspiders, which are like the drow equivalent of cats. The kobolds were webbed, torn open, and left to rot by spiders who are probably only as big as a cat or kitten... I guess being on the short side does have disadvantages when you're faced with a cat sized arachnid...

Now if only I could hang up that torn off ear somewhere as a prize....

next time, you also play with the Trophy Case mod, then you can keep it somewhere as a prize!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ModBewlay

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: June 30, 2010, 03:52:16 am »

I decided to make my first pump stack out in front if my fort today! It was a tower of assorted stone, water used from the brook

Long story short, I accidentally turned the front of my fortress' yard into a mud field. But at least I can work pumps now

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:27 am »

Astakath, in tundra. Another mastaba...

...and of course almost all kids got kidnapped while padding from the fort's gate to the construction site.

A dwarven woman lost three of her four kids, and went melancholy. I just sighed cuz, hell, I will never gonna make past 30 dwarves mark. So I watch her go up onto the unfinished tower, she is gonna OMG NO! YOU HAVE A BABY IN HANDS DAMMIT!

Nothing can stop her, she is on the edge and will sur-

Urist McBaby has became a Child.

The mother plunges onto the ground (splattering nicely) while the kid watches from the height. He knew what was going to happen, and I believe he was more interested in surviving.

He is the last kid of Astakath*, I need to protect him somehow.

*I do have five or more married couples, but they don't seem to be interested in making kids.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: June 30, 2010, 04:36:08 am »

The goblins finally decided to attack my fortress. However, by this point there ambushes are ineffective. As they attempted to cross the bridge, the lever was pulled. The goblins plummeted to their death. Those that survived the fall were crippled, but they only had a few more seconds to live as Tesum the Giant quickly smashed their crippled bodies into pulp. I don't think I even need him to dispose of the Goblins, but there's something immensely satisfying about dropping the invaders into the hands of an angry giant.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:37:44 am by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: June 30, 2010, 04:46:12 am »

The goblins finally decided to attack my fortress. However, by this point there ambushes are ineffective. As they attempted to cross the bridge, the lever was pulled. The goblins plummeted to their death. Those that survived the fall were crippled, but they only had a few more seconds to live as Tesum the Giant quickly smashed their crippled bodies into pulp. I don't think I even need him to dispose of the Goblins, but there's something immensely satisfying about dropping the invaders into the hands of an angry giant.

I'm surprised the giant doesn't get killed, 4 kobolds mobbed the first one that appeared on my map, or does the fall partially cripple the goblins first anyway?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: June 30, 2010, 04:58:20 am »

I'm surprised the giant doesn't get killed, 4 kobolds mobbed the first one that appeared on my map, or does the fall partially cripple the goblins first anyway?

The fall cripples most goblins. If the Giant wasn't there they would probably just bleed to death like my mechanic did.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: June 30, 2010, 07:14:17 am »

Okay, somehow the forgotten beast Cewi managed to get into my fort. I have no idea how since he appeared over a year ago and only just now decided to enter. He suffocated an animal trainer and 2 war elephants, then went around destroying some furniture before a single axedwarf killed him. He wasn't very strong. Still, I'm worried that his poisonous corpse will cause further problems so I've ordered it dumped as soon as possible.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

shuggah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »

Greetings, everyone. A long time lurker here, reporting in.

The dwarves of Godoiled were about to begin the excavations of their very own homage to Undergrotto when a squad of trolls and another one of mounted goblins bursted into the fort through an exposed ramp. Even though their feeble military and hastily drafted squads of wrestlers eventually managed to subdue the invaders, my strength was broken and I decided to begin anew.

Fast forward to the next spring, 2506; The second expedition from The Torrid Manor struck the earth at the place they called Perfectmine. Having their very own, carved to specification cavern as their goal, the dwarves quickly set up a rudimentary sleeping area, a crude dining room, a couple of stills to get the most from the local flora and a barracks so that their single weapon wielder would have somewhere to train. Years rolled by, caravans came laden with spirits and wood and left with teetering stacks of very fine stone mugs and the occasional giant bronze axe blade. Elephants roamed the land outside the fort, got caught in cage traps and tamed for breeding. Every now and then a dwarf would snap, claim a workshop and create something hairy that was encrusted with cartilage.

All the while, though, the goblin presence, ever lurking just out of sight, was growing stronger. When the first mounted cadre of greenskins arrived, the time to decide had come. And with a collective sigh, the dwarves of Perfectmine turned to the olivine lever in the corner of their dining room and pulled it. The grating of stone against stone heralded the beginning of the hermetic isolation of the fort. Everything was produced within the safety of the stone. Grandiose plans were drawn and the stout bearded force set to work.

Now, seven years later, the goblins have mysteriously disappeared. The first few who venture outside are greeted with the smell of slaughter and a vista of broken armor and bleached bones. For a moment they consider the wealth of stone they have mined in their time underground and see that Perfectmine should seem outwards just as it will be inside.

A crammed, chaotic, jumbly mess.

--

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9050-perfectmine
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:59:59 pm by shuggah »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: June 30, 2010, 03:12:04 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9050-perfectmine

Well! Having taken a pretty detailed look at your plans, I'm pretty impressed. Those walls are certainly naturally curving and the height/depth seems quite nice. What are you planning on putting inside it once it's dug out?

Also, as a side note, what's going on at the bottom-right of the designations on level 204? The level above has down-stairs, and there's up-stairs on that odd stretch of 204, so I'm assuming it's going to be a bridge pathway of sorts, but on 205 you may want to change the up/down-stairs to up-stairs and the down-stairs to just dig designations directly over 204's two undesignated strips; otherwise you'll end up with down-stairs on top of the strips that you can't channel away and if built over will take away from the natural look. That is, if my assumption about it is correct.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: June 30, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »

Started a new fort for the latest version. Position of Bouldersprinkled is incredibly awesome. Has copper, iron, and flux, so I can make pretty much any kind of thing I want.

So far have had three artifacts: a bow, a stone amulet, and a blowgun with a picture of the bow on it. The amulet(from the expedition leader no less) and blowgun were secretive moods, and although the bow was a possession, he was already a high master bowyer to begin with, so I'm making a lot of wood/bone crossbow traps.

Had a forgotten beast flying slug with blue feathers and beware its deadly dust! show up from the first cavern. It hovered about, evenually it disappeared from view and the unit list. I also keep seeing messages about cave-ins in a place I haven't seen yet, I wonder if it's related...

Building a main defensive wall around the entrance to my fort. Making it out of olivine.

How deadly is that dust, anyway?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: June 30, 2010, 04:17:20 pm »

A giant bat flew in from the caverns and starting attacking a camel. I mass recruited dwarves and told them to kill it. He killed two dwarves and injured either the right or left hand of 6 dwarves and the right or left foor of 3 other dwarves. After sustaining injuries the bat flew out the front door and off the map. But not before being named rimdimpled.

Note: its been over a year and a half since that happened and the dwarves with broken feet are still stuck in bed.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

Started a new fort for the latest version. Position of Bouldersprinkled is incredibly awesome. Has copper, iron, and flux, so I can make pretty much any kind of thing I want.

So far have had three artifacts: a bow, a stone amulet, and a blowgun with a picture of the bow on it. The amulet(from the expedition leader no less) and blowgun were secretive moods, and although the bow was a possession, he was already a high master bowyer to begin with, so I'm making a lot of wood/bone crossbow traps.

Had a forgotten beast flying slug with blue feathers and beware its deadly dust! show up from the first cavern. It hovered about, evenually it disappeared from view and the unit list. I also keep seeing messages about cave-ins in a place I haven't seen yet, I wonder if it's related...

Building a main defensive wall around the entrance to my fort. Making it out of olivine.

How deadly is that dust, anyway?
It could be anything from "Damn. I need a bath" to "Every dwarf in the fort rots to death."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: June 30, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »

Just founded a new fortress on top of a human capital (my first time doing that).  One of my adventurers sold some raw adamantine to the local armor store, so there's that.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 3842