Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104390 times)

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3735 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

As your fort seem to be a barony, could you share the import/export values? I'm testing on the criterias to get a baron.
Nobles are defined in raws now. So you could just lookup baron entry there:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:14 pm »

As your fort seem to be a barony, could you share the import/export values? I'm testing on the criterias to get a baron.
Nobles are defined in raws now. So you could just lookup baron entry there:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

my pop is 100, my exported wealth 37k, my created wealth 3650600 ;) I think I should be able to trigger the baron, but I don't

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: June 18, 2010, 02:41:13 pm »

my pop is 100, my exported wealth 37k, my created wealth 3650600 ;) I think I should be able to trigger the baron, but I don't
Do you let liaison to meet with your mayor each year? Appointment happens at meetings.

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 18, 2010, 04:16:05 pm »

Do you let liaison to meet with your mayor each year? Appointment happens at meetings.
yeah and he left alive every year. ;)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 18, 2010, 04:22:12 pm »

So. Astakath is going up well.

19 dwarves, preparing for tapping the frozen bro-

Dodók Olonmelbil, Miner, has been struck down

And two other important guys.

16 dwarves + 2 azure golems. Damn. Why always the useful dwarves?

But at least, the rest is happy with their grand dining hall and f-kton of plump helmets and booze. I hope that there are still stones left that will shatter the golems though...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 18, 2010, 07:26:12 pm »

My generational fort just celebrated it's first birth, and we're now into the mid-winter of 1053. With invaders turned on, I'm worried that the goblins might suddenly show up with terrifying force, but I'm trying to get some digging done so I can have a well-stocked emergency room for the dorfs to hide in should ambushers show up. That, and I'm planning on limitless numbers of war dogs, since natural attacks seem to be fixed now.
- Ops
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:06 pm »

I've got four mayors, I wonder if that might have something to do with my own lack of baronization.

So glad that bug has finally been stomped. Pity there isn't an easy way to fix savegames (aside from killing the old mayors, which I suppose is "easy" in its own way).

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 18, 2010, 08:19:11 pm »

just realizing I have never had a liason.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 18, 2010, 09:42:39 pm »

In the process of building my hippie enrager 10000 world tree I turned off invaders. Unfortunately, it has not prevented the wildlife from walking right through the door and terrorizing everyone. 100% of my city guards' job is chasing down and killing the foxes that wander into the food stockpiles. If only dwarves would ignore harmless animals so i don't have to put up with the spam.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 18, 2010, 10:46:42 pm »

i created a large resevoir of water for drinking and every winter my tower of ice grows. although while atempting to install flood gates at the dam i created to spaces of nothing, when i press k to look there is nothing: no floor, no ground. curiously it looks like stone.
nothing

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: June 18, 2010, 11:00:49 pm »

Four years in, and the stream of Forgotten Beasts arrive. One in particular, a giant one-eyed fly with four horns made of mud that raises a dust cloud wherever it goes. My population went from 81 down to just 3: a widow, a craftsman and a legendary wrestler. The wrestler was filling in as mayor. Who died and made him boss? Everyone! Deep chain of command there.

Then arrives a gang of immigrants. They're not so much immigrants as just looters looking to cash in on the situation. They didn't really have a chance though, because a cyclops and two forgotten beasts had made this place their foraging ground. So I watched as the giant beasts stalked the halls for their next meal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:04:13 pm by AngleWyrm »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: June 18, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »

Ima start a new fort. But make it so no migrants. See how I do.

Now how do I do that?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 18, 2010, 11:50:36 pm »

seal the fort and leave them to their fates?
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: June 18, 2010, 11:53:25 pm »

I'm fairly certain they're just bugged.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: June 19, 2010, 03:13:10 am »

Ima start a new fort. But make it so no migrants. See how I do.

Now how do I do that?

I set my pop cap to 1, and ordered any migrants into a locked room at the edge of the map. After your first couple of children are born, it's not really an issue.

Also, most people turn INVADERS: OFF when they do this, or the goblins will end you. I've opted to leave them on to see what happens. I'm hoping 50 war dogs will help. Good luck.

On that note, Lightlances has had a second birth, bringing the population up to 9. Hopefully one of the other couples will get married soon, and help swell the ranks. Then we can get going on the above-ground castle.

-Ops
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 3842