Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104413 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3225 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »

goblins must have tap the hidden dragon because they learn how to breathe fire.
I should have seen the calling signs when I saw a goblin kid shoot dragon breathe at a outpost(the outpost was smacking the child with a cap).

I think it was the dumping of corpses in the underworld that granted them supernatural powers...
edit: I just entered the age of myths which makes sense on the goblin breathing fire.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:51:37 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: May 31, 2010, 07:06:40 pm »

sounds more like a modding error to me... check for their raws, if it says [DRAGONFIREBREATH] in the creature raws of the goblins, the guy you got your game from was trying to goblinroll you...

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 31, 2010, 07:36:13 pm »

A possessed crafter wants shells. I can't seem to find any. :(

Are there any cheats to add shells? I've had about as much fun as I can stand between the bugs and issues. :P :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:37:57 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 31, 2010, 07:42:39 pm »

Are there any cheats to add shells? I've had about as much fun as I can stand between the bugs and issues. :P :D

The wiki suggests suggests either making cows yield shells, or making hooves equivalent to shells.  http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Shell

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 31, 2010, 08:32:12 pm »

The wiki suggests suggests either making cows yield shells, or making hooves equivalent to shells.  http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Shell

Thanks, the second method (adding shell to hooves) worked for me, the first method turned the existing goat blood green and made the game crash after a short time hehe. :)
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 01, 2010, 12:06:01 am »

sounds more like a modding error to me... check for their raws, if it says [DRAGONFIREBREATH] in the creature raws of the goblins, the guy you got your game from was trying to goblinroll you...
just did no signs of dragon breathe or web spinning but I remember I did slap in a pet tag on them for darius slavery utility may be that what cause them to learn that because after the attack my colossus started to sleep and get sick.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Trowzers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 01, 2010, 03:44:29 am »

My fortress is around five years old with 80 dwarves.  The goblins hadn't been ambushing at all, which I though odd, but luckily I had plenty of time to prepare, because suddenly they began an all out siege.  And while the first seige was only one squad, now every seige is at least three mounted squads accompanied by trolls.  Fortunately my first squad of ten and backup squad of five have been able to wipe them all out easily, with only a few yellow wounds, and one death (when a stupid newbie ran all the way outside chasing an Elk bird, only to run into a fresh squad).  Which is lucky, because last year they seiged TWICE during winter alone.  My biggest issue has been dealing with all the crap they drop - I barely have time to clean up the corpses, let alone everything else.

Meanwhile, in the non-seige times, I've been exploring the caverns very carefully, as there are SIX forgotten beasts out there.  So I've been digging exploration tunnels into the edge of the cavern walls (a few z-levels up, as none of them can fly) but whoops! I accidentally dig into a hidden cavern at floor level, and before my builders can wall it up, one of the buggers snuck in.  Fortunately, it wasn't one of the unkillable ones, and my military wipes it out without injury.  I send them home, but once again before the gap could be walled up and before the squad made it anywhere near barracks, TWO MORE sneak through, right after each other.  I was hoping they might start an epic beast battle, but unfortunately the two were in cahoots, as one headed down the long 100zlevel stair to my fortress underground, and the other heads up 50z level to my old starter fortress, chasing a furnacer (as I call my smelting/wood burning folk).  So I send the squad back up to deal with them.  The first one (a sauropod) dies quickly, luckily before it made it down to my main fortress, but the other chases the furnacer right back to the surface to my old starter fort and begins whaling into to furnacer.  The furnacer holds his own, getting pretty beat up and losing a leg, but still manages to inflict a few yellow wounds on the beast (which was some sort of arachnid with an amethyst exoskeleton!  that shit better make some good crafts).  My squad arrived in time to dispatch their third forgotten beast in a single run, and the furnacer is recovering in my hospital, with his left upper leg missing, and his left foot apparently rotten, although I assume it's no longer attached to him - perhaps he's carrying it around?

All that is good fun, but since the first seige I haven't received a single dwarven migrant or caravan (only elves and humans).  Perhaps the constant seiges and armies (the seiges include a coward general who runs away while I'm still dealing with the other squads) are scaring them away?  OR perhaps the Mountainhome has fallen and we are the last ones standing.  Interesting times...

edit: Well crap... now a bronze collossus has turned up :/  Time to improvise a hurried magma trap I guess!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:01:36 am by Trowzers »

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 01, 2010, 05:22:54 am »

Example: a giant desert scorpion for some reason decided to start using a pair of trousers as a weapon (it was a trophy of her first kill--my only useful military dwarf), and started beating on my useless militia commander. After a month, I got a message that the scorpion had become attached to her trousers. Three months later, they're still at it. My commander has been beaten to a bloody pulp, but the trousers aren't quite enough to finish her off. I'm waiting for it to end so I can try to find the trousers in Legends mode...

In an old fort a Nightwing thrashed my whole millitary to death with a pair of (Pig Tail Trousers), wedging them in wounds and twisting them around. The Nightwing became legendary, ended up with about 5 names. Killed dozens of animals and dwarfs. :(. Although it wasnt the nightwing that finished off the fort, it was 3 Goblin ambuhses after another.

Trowzers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:25 am »

Ha!  Don't mess with the trousers! ;)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 01, 2010, 04:49:58 pm »

Joy of joys! The naturally cast ice castle I'm working on was visited by a Yeti. We caught 'im, too. Now if I only had a breeding pair...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 01, 2010, 05:13:36 pm »

I'm laughing maniacally as my marksdwarves shred orcs from behind my impenetrable fortifications. I do like playing 40d, and Dig Deeper adds a lot more Fun.

I just wish they my melee chaps didn't keep giving each other spinal injuries. I've got 7 now, and every one of them occured while the recipient was encased in Crucible Steel.

One of them's my Swordsmaster, too.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 01, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »

I have once again tried to start a fort with a natural waterfall, and I found a nice one. The only problem so far, aside from an early vulture swarm, is that the dwarven caravan just arrived. One might wonder what the problem is with that. Well, when it arrived, an E made a beeline straight for my meeting area. Yep, a Hippie is my Dwarven Liaison. Plans to "replace" the Elf are proceeding, but will likely have to wait till the next trip.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 01, 2010, 07:54:36 pm »

I'm not sure Liasons get replaced at all... Maybe they do, I can't speak from firsthand experience since I usually get bored of my fortress within the year (which is also how long it takes for a fortress to become a Mountianhome in my hands...)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

hamburgerfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 01, 2010, 09:51:45 pm »

For the first time, I'm trying out real irrigation, as opposed to digging into the murky pools for mud.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 01, 2010, 11:02:00 pm »

An update on my fort. If you will recall, the Dwarves have decided to work with the Elves. However, the ELVES have decided to sell me Lora Disathose, Stray Tigerman. I do believe I have to readjust my views for this fortress. It would appear as though the elves are going to prosper, and the dwarves will drown.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 3842