Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104605 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3195 on: May 29, 2010, 04:26:07 pm »

The humans are offering to sell me a barrel of Monarch Butterfly Ichor.  I'm half squicked out, and half amazed that someone actually spent the time to bleed enough butterflies to get a whole barrel of ichor.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: May 29, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »

The humans are offering to sell me a barrel of Monarch Butterfly Ichor.  I'm half squicked out, and half amazed that someone actually spent the time to bleed enough butterflies to get a whole barrel of ichor.
I wonder how much that would irritate the elves?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: May 29, 2010, 05:43:23 pm »

Currently flooding the world... will let you know :D

OMG at 10 FPS it's gonna take a while... another bunch (100+) goblins & trolls came to visit me, but they weren't fun...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:17:08 pm by Golcondio »

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:46 pm »

I tried flooding the world with magma. The magma drained off the edge of the map.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: May 29, 2010, 09:27:50 pm »

I tried flooding the world with magma. The magma drained off the edge of the map.
are you sure you did it right?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: May 29, 2010, 09:56:48 pm »

I should hope so! If all the magma stays confined in your little 5x5 embark, you're hardly flooding the world, are you?
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:12 pm »

My fort is in its 7th year, with 20 million riches, 129 people and food/booze enough for a couple years, and yet no baron or dungeon master in sight... I'm a bit sad: I'd have liked to tame some of the goblin mounts from the first sieges to pit them against the new prisoners...

n-c

Rumor has it that you must fulfill the requirements in that screen.

Milskidasith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 29, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »

At the moment, I'm, to use the spoiler metaphor from I don't know where, carefully trying to shave a few layers of cloth off the top of the circus tent without letting the clowns out, and stealing from the elves.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 29, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »

My male militia commander just became attached to a silk dress. I don't want to know.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 30, 2010, 02:01:00 am »

Dwarves don't give a flying **** about gender differences. Get used to men in dresses, you'll see a lot of them.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 30, 2010, 02:59:47 am »

Just tried my first terrifying biome, a desert/grassland location with a low waterfall.  I did my standard leisurely "dig a long entrance tunnel, then start carving out final rooms around a central staircase behind the waterfall, then move in all my stuff" approach.  Sadly my dwarves never really enjoyed the waterfall, because whenever they got too close they saw the skeletal sturgeon and pike lurking in the river below and canceled whatever they were doing.  And by the time I'd dug everything out and started moving supplies down the long entrance tunnel, some skeletal and zombie camels swung by to say hello.  The zombies fell quickly, but the skeletal ones proceeded to kick the carp outta my dwarves.

So yeah, my second try on the same site is going to commence with Operation Get Everything The F**k Underground NOW.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 30, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

I've currently got prepared firefly livers or some-such in my food stocks I bought from the humans
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 30, 2010, 11:21:24 am »

but the skeletal ones proceeded to kick the carp outta my dwarves.

Skeletals are invincible. You can't kill them. However, if you break enough bones and tendons, you can train your dwarves up to Legendary Wrestler (or perhaps anything else) in a matter of minutes.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 30, 2010, 01:20:26 pm »

My male militia commander just became attached to a silk dress. I don't want to know.

I believe that only happens with weapons, so you might have a problem there. Example: a giant desert scorpion for some reason decided to start using a pair of trousers as a weapon (it was a trophy of her first kill--my only useful military dwarf), and started beating on my useless militia commander. After a month, I got a message that the scorpion had become attached to her trousers. Three months later, they're still at it. My commander has been beaten to a bloody pulp, but the trousers aren't quite enough to finish her off. I'm waiting for it to end so I can try to find the trousers in Legends mode...
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Milskidasith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 30, 2010, 01:33:00 pm »

I believe that only happens with weapons, so you might have a problem there. Example: a giant desert scorpion for some reason decided to start using a pair of trousers as a weapon (it was a trophy of her first kill--my only useful military dwarf), and started beating on my useless militia commander. After a month, I got a message that the scorpion had become attached to her trousers. Three months later, they're still at it. My commander has been beaten to a bloody pulp, but the trousers aren't quite enough to finish her off. I'm waiting for it to end so I can try to find the trousers in Legends mode...

They can get attached to armor as well.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 3842