Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972554 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3180 on: May 28, 2010, 06:22:17 am »

Flooded one of my forts AGAIN. Seriously, i think i've outgrown the newby status and still i ALWAYS seem to forget that walls won't stick to freaking bridges, an exceptionally stupid mistake to make if said bridge is located above, and your fortress beneath, a river.

Umm... Don't build your fortress under a river? Though I've managed to flood a few as well. I think the best way to farm is to get down to the caverns as fast as you can and wall up an area near the stairs, then plot your plot there.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 28, 2010, 08:50:23 am »

I discovered something new about aquifers!  On the down side, there's now a cave fish swimming around in the bedrooms.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Ultimarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 28, 2010, 01:31:34 pm »

I discovered something new about aquifers!  On the down side, there's now a cave fish swimming around in the bedrooms.

Sig'd, if I may :)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 28, 2010, 02:11:43 pm »

I embarked next to a river... that turned out to contain both hippos and carp.
I can hear them plotting... planning my dwarve's watery demise. The anticipation is killing me!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 28, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »

I embarked next to a river... that turned out to contain both hippos and carp.
I can hear them plotting... planning my dwarve's watery demise. The anticipation is killing me!

There's always magma in the mantle if you go down far enough.

Just wanted to mention it. You know, if a need ever arises.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 28, 2010, 03:39:55 pm »

gahhhh

why do my useful dwarves always demand ROCK BARS.

fffuuuuuuuuuu
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 28, 2010, 03:41:14 pm »

gahhhh

why do my useful dwarves always demand ROCK BARS.

fffuuuuuuuuuu
Because they want metal bars?

EDIT: Also:
Domas Inethistrath, Weaponsmith is taken by a fey mood!
Domas Inethistrath has claimed a Metalsmith's forge!
Domas Inethistrath has begun a mysterious construction!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:04:17 pm by Kidiri »
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 28, 2010, 04:23:00 pm »

I bet Domas Inethistrath will make a blowgun. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

StrawberryBunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 28, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

Embarked in a highly evil environment. Laid out cage traps. Now I've got thirty zombie crundles, half a dozen zombie trolls, a zombie cave crocodile, a zombie olm, and several zombie mandrills. I've entirely lost track of the living counterparts I've trapped. I've also been eyeballing the zombie elephants and trying to devise a good way to lure them into cage traps.
(16:25:13 ) (+strawberrrybunny) I've decided that I might as well put my almost encyclopedic knowledge of DF to use
(16:25:13 ) <+buttbot> I've decided that I might as well put my almost enbuttlopedic buttledge of DF to use

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 28, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »

Naw, I had metal bars, it very clearly said rock bars though. I'm pretty sure it's a documented bug.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 28, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »

Officially jumpstarted my Plump Helmet Man breeding program. Plump Helmet Roasts and Dwarven Wine for all! Also one of my cage traps somehow caught a Giant Eagle(!?) and I'd be a damned fool not to use it for great and terrible purposes. Heck, if I can get my hands on another one I could breed an entire airborne unit!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 28, 2010, 06:56:58 pm »

Officially jumpstarted my Plump Helmet Man breeding program. Plump Helmet Roasts and Dwarven Wine for all! Also one of my cage traps somehow caught a Giant Eagle(!?) and I'd be a damned fool not to use it for great and terrible purposes. Heck, if I can get my hands on another one I could breed an entire airborne unit!
All fear the Dwarven Air Force! (Or we'll throw the Dwarven Air Force at you!)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 29, 2010, 01:14:00 am »

well I got ambush by goblins so I might get some new cage goblins to test my "hellrena" project.
wait a minute are they attacking* near my friendly fisherwoman bronze model?

well one goblin mace-man got a their skull stuck in their brains and fell into a coma and she now strangling a elite wrestler while another wrestler dash away.
at least now I got more stuff to sell to the merchants that came earlier.

edit: the goblins have been defeated and killed and the last one standing is a mace axe lord I sent my troops on.
then soon after the order I end up getting news that my northern swamps are out of fish and my local friendly loner fisherwoman starts to walk directly to the mace lord and beat my three assign men to the punch. she smacking the goblin with her supremely made steel glove and it's beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:25:20 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Godmouth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 29, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »

Huh. Found magma after the second cavern, had an awesome plan of making a huge obsidian pyramid in the middle of a black desert, and an obsidian fortress in a large cave filled with magma, began digging out a large rectangle, unaware of the small adamantine vein in the middle. I didn't think it was fun, until I saw this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Too bad about the fortress though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:48:18 pm by Godmouth »

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 29, 2010, 02:41:40 pm »

Nearly done building up enough power for my 34 z-levels, 4 pumps per level world-flooding machine: let's see what happens (except from killing my fps of course)!

My fort is in its 7th year, with 20 million riches, 129 people and food/booze enough for a couple years, and yet no baron or dungeon master in sight... I'm a bit sad: I'd have liked to tame some of the goblin mounts from the first sieges to pit them against the new prisoners...

EDIT: my pump stack (+ overhead from the distribution system) needs 1836 power O_o thank Glod I have 1880!!!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:29:01 pm by Golcondio »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 3839