Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109099 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2985 on: May 19, 2010, 02:46:14 pm »

It has no value because you don't have a broker with the appraisal skill.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2986 on: May 19, 2010, 02:53:27 pm »

I had an artifact bed too and I could use it. :)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Delphinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 19, 2010, 05:49:41 pm »

One of my miners just fell down a 4-story shaft and bled to death...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 19, 2010, 06:23:16 pm »

Blind Cave Troll is outside one of my stairwells that go down to the magma sea. Because dwarves have extraordinary sensing abilities (Its all in the beard), they know its out there, and they refuse to go down it. It's actually gotten me pretty pissed off. Collapsing half the cavern, now. Hope those cave trolls cry when they stub there toes on hundreds of microcline.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 19, 2010, 06:32:51 pm »

They already know all about microcline, I'm sure they wouldn't be bothered by it in the least and are completely immune to all microcline related shenanigans possible..

"Oh my armok! there is so much microcline down here! I can't see! My eyes are melting away!"  And thus the blind cave ogre was born.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 19, 2010, 06:43:48 pm »

Problem adverted! They chased my cat into the magma sea (Which is connected to my cavern)

Egregius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 19, 2010, 06:45:25 pm »

Man...first time I got sieged by 27 emu birds and 20 jabberers, all ridden by goblins. And then 8 trolls which I at first didn't notice. Is it so part of the sieging force can arrive after the first 'wave'?

Oh, 4 casualties, and lots of blood. Half the invading force left luckily, don't think I could've taken them all unless the human merchants would help.
Every time I see the letter c I think of cats, then genocide, then delicious stew.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 19, 2010, 07:05:54 pm »

Man...first time I got sieged by 27 emu birds and 20 jabberers, all ridden by goblins. And then 8 trolls which I at first didn't notice. Is it so part of the sieging force can arrive after the first 'wave'?

Oh, 4 casualties, and lots of blood. Half the invading force left luckily, don't think I could've taken them all unless the human merchants would help.

You modded in Emus? Badass.

Do you have Dropbears as Semi-Megabeasts?

DangerHelvetica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »

A little trick I just learned: I was dumping tame animals into the caverns, but they'd just sit there, to my dismay. Then I thought of something: I created a meeting area within the cavern where I wanted the animals to explore, then the guys went zooming off. Dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but this seems like a decent solution thus far.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #2994 on: May 19, 2010, 07:37:20 pm »

I've almost completed Project Coppertop.

The pyramid had been completed a long time ago.  The inner structure is about 75% complete, with the working and dining districts all done, the first residential district completely done and furnished, and the second residential district's walls all done.  I just need to furnish it.  Next will be the noble district, a small pyramid on top of that, and at the very top, the expedition leader's office (since he happens to also be the recordkeeper.)

Meanwhile, I got countless sieges and my standby platform is overflowing!  :(  And it's a good... what, 18x18 or something.  Stripping off all the gobbos will take years, and then I have to dump them all on the drop platform.  My next worry is the fact that merchants bring absolutely no pets at all and my animal drop stash is dying off more quickly than it reproduces.  Against my expectations, I didn't get a catsplosion after placing 30+ cats on a single standalone tile.  So now I have a haphazard arrangement of captured animals, roughly 60 at most, and I'd rather have a tile full of these buggers for massive gore action.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: May 20, 2010, 12:50:32 am »

well, I figured my open and airy Cliffside fort would have problems, but I forgot about this one minor issue. Nothing can get done because the invaders are sitting there on the clifftop... staring at my dwarves. *facepalm*

Half my fort is starving because the Dining room has a wonderful view of the natural waterfall.... and the goblins.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:52:43 am by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 20, 2010, 01:20:17 am »

Had to send the military in to goad the goblins into running over my trap fields over and over.

Unfortunately all the factors this invasion gave has led to mass tantruming, going stark raving mad, and melencholy.

Working on paving over the highest level of the canyons.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:28:09 am by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 20, 2010, 02:07:01 am »

Hi!

well, I figured my open and airy Cliffside fort would have problems, but I forgot about this one minor issue. Nothing can get done because the invaders are sitting there on the clifftop... staring at my dwarves. *facepalm*

Half my fort is starving because the Dining room has a wonderful view of the natural waterfall.... and the goblins.

Let me guess, you let your politicians choose your architects, right? :) :) :)

Having three married couples now, my fortress is looking towards a bright future, it seems. Otherwise no news from me.

Deathworks

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: May 20, 2010, 02:18:38 am »

I've started a new fortress after I lost the old one to a tantrum spiral. (why yes, it was triggered by an unfortunate accident...whoopsies.) Its in a near perfect location, smack dab in the middle of a mountain valley, a brook that actually has fish in it, and a volcano, which by cutting into a murky pool in the mapgen, has revealed 3 adamantine pillars to me. Also lots and lots and lots of MICROCLINE!!! I'm building an artificial lake, with microcline capsules for dwarves to, well, I haven't figured that part out yet. I have a sealable courtyard, a long entry passage, and am building a tunnel out of solid microcline extending over the river and valley, to the other mountain, where all the magma is. Unfortunately, crocodiles have a bad habit of appearing, so I'm in the proccess of making a alligator/crocodile proof barrier in the brook. I've had 3 kobold thieves, all of which were scared off successfully, 2 migrant waves, and its only winter...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 20, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »

Hi!

Well, I have had my first mood turn ugly (shells required on a fish free map), so I had to make a tomb for the dwarf (fortunately, she merely turned stark raving mad and didn't cause any trouble until her death by dehydration). Directly after that, I got a possession that yielded a bituminous coal earring (T_T) And even its decorations are only bands and the like, no images, nothing.

Other than that, my dwarves have started reproducing at a healthy rate.

And somehow, I have a peasant with no labors activated ... it is 1059, so he can't possibly be one of the children, and if it was an immigrant, then I must have missed him for 8 years!!! Strange.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 3842