Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108817 times)

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2910 on: May 16, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »

Today i designate a cow to be butchered.
I wait at the shop while the butcher goes searching for the cow.

I wait...

wait...

hmmm.

I then notice my butcher with the cow approaching the butchery, when suddenly a milker gets the cow and goes a few steps in direction of the farm (opposite)
The butcher then runs to get the cow and goes back to the butcher shop, when suddenly the milker ...

Those dwarfs....

He finally managed to reach the butchery.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2911 on: May 16, 2010, 12:13:52 pm »

Thanks for the answers regarding my in-cage births in 40d everyone. It sound perfectly reasonable some vere already pregnant, yes.

Edit: My Chief medical dwarf just went berserk in the hospital. Now he is slaughtering his patients.
"The DOCTOR is here! I am taking over this operation!"

(bonus points for those who recognise this quite and the situation it follows, somehow similar to that beorn080 has experienced)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

jryan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: May 16, 2010, 12:20:42 pm »

Call him Dr. Giggles.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: May 16, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »

My first titan showed up! I quickly set up defensive positions, raise the bridge and get my army in position.

Then a caravan shows up and the beast is killed by the outpost liaison by hitting him over the head with his crossbow... :(

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: May 16, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

So I finally managed to lure the goblins into the cages right and proper, with the only casualty being the last surface-dwelling child. He fell in the moat when I drew the bridge, and was unable to reach what I now call the "low entrance." Can people go up a well if there's an upward ramp below it?

So now I need to figure out how to pull the armor and weapons off the goblins so I can send them on their merry way 14-z down into the cave with an FB in it.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: May 16, 2010, 01:03:10 pm »

So I finally managed to lure the goblins into the cages right and proper, with the only casualty being the last surface-dwelling child. He fell in the moat when I drew the bridge, and was unable to reach what I now call the "low entrance." Can people go up a well if there's an upward ramp below it?

So now I need to figure out how to pull the armor and weapons off the goblins so I can send them on their merry way 14-z down into the cave with an FB in it.
d-b-c followed by d-b-d
(mass claim, mass dump)

Downloaded DFHack a while ago, just started using it recently (vein digger is win). I haven't yet dug out the space for my drydock, but the massive steel warship is being designed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: May 16, 2010, 01:23:50 pm »

FFFFFuck.

The save corrupted. And I hadn't previous had any experiences horrifying enough to warrant backing up everything. Damnit. I guess I'll work on Dwarfshock and let that one be dead.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: May 16, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »

WHAT THE HELL TOADY. In 40d I never found one rare gem. In this fort I found two black diamonds IN THE SAME KIMBERLITE VEIN. YOU ARE AWESOME.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NotQuiteJesus

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Herod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: May 16, 2010, 01:32:35 pm »

BEING RIPPED TO SHREDS.
Had to embark next to a chasm. A sinister one. :'[
Oh, peachy.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: May 16, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »

:) :) :) :)

You should try luring it to the surface during a rain shower. Maybe it will get washed away :) :)

It has started raining.
Vomit monster has been struck down.
Haha, funny suggestion. Because few moments after this dreaded beast came, it took a dive into nearby underground lake. It still swimms around, seemingly more interested in exploring the water system than coming ashore.
In other news, a leatherworker has withdrew from society, and claimed dog and donkey leather, GCS silk cloth, rope reed fiber cloth, tower-cap log, 2x chalk, rough faint yellow diamonds and rough brown zircions.

I hope from the bottom of my heart he will make a thong.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: May 16, 2010, 03:02:42 pm »

Just finaly got the overly complex sewer system up and running, finally had ot set up a temporary farm nearer to the surface as I ran completely out of food and booze even with gathering surface plants. Really wish the dwarves or at least the elven civs hadn't died out, could use the extra boost of food and drink :(
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: May 17, 2010, 02:14:23 am »

I have no bloody clue how, but my expedition leader just wrestled a MAGMA MAN until it died. He got off with a bruised hand. I don't even know how this is possible.
くコ:彡

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 17, 2010, 06:09:57 am »

He wrapped his fireproof beard around his fist, and smote it with his facial hair.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

infernalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 17, 2010, 06:14:55 am »

I've got a shitload of microline, but no dwarf uses it - what to do?

Note to self: dwarfs like chasm waterfalls :)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 17, 2010, 07:20:40 am »

Despair!
Forgotten Beast made out of vomit has finally decided to swimm ashore after months of it's underwater explorations.
Ofcourse it decided to do that when I was not paying attention, being busy with human caravan.

I send a squad of well trained axedwarfes down.
Did I mentioned poisonus vapors this beast has?

A month later, the cavern where my axedworfs confronted the beast is filled with miasma.
I send another squad, this time my first and most elite squad of axelords.
Most of them are either resting or unconsious or trying to rest but still entangled with the beast.
A lot of civilians need medical attention.
Once caught in beast's vaports, they contract fever.

And then their whole body starts to rot.
Some managed to crawl to hospital, some shut themselves in their private rooms where they "luckily" have only their own miasma to endure.
Chief medical dwarf tries to perfom a surgery on a butcher, one of many.
He is failing, yet refuses to give up.
Some dogs and a war grizzly bear are the first casualties.
Soon more will die of thirst down in the caverns because dwarfes willing and able to bring them water or even carry them to the hospital are too scared of the legless, armless, trunkless beast laying beside them.
Others will soon follow them, either being consumed by an imminent tantrum spiral or rotting alive.

But meanwhile, one of my two masons has finally reached high enough rank to slowly start producing masterwork coffins.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 3842