Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107722 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2580 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:47 pm »

My fort has some new goings-on as of lately. A soap maker, Cog, that I drafted a year or so ago hasn't seen much action - still listed as a recruit and gets bad thoughts from getting activated.

Cog goes down with her squad of two others to fight a giant crab forgotten beast (beware its fire!). She was the first to arrive. She did pretty good, getting pretty much all body sections to red. Then it latches onto her hand. It shakes her around and rips her hand off. She runs off to rest for a bit. She comes back later and kills it. The health screen lists her gripping as "impaired." The only relevant bad thought is that she has "suffered a minor injury lately." This fight put her up to either axe- or swordsdwarf and then to elite wrestler after her hand was forcibly removed.

Having one of the best weapons in my fort may have helped. That's not saying much, though. All I've got for weapons are copper and silver.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 02, 2010, 09:39:18 pm »

That's badass.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 02, 2010, 11:31:31 pm »

That Cog's one handy dwarf to have.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 02, 2010, 11:32:58 pm »

Alright, I'm giving up. I've tried to reconquer this one site over a dozen times. over 300 dwarves have fallen. I'm going to so fucking loot the fuck outta that bitch.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 03, 2010, 03:15:01 am »

Alright, I'm giving up. I've tried to reconquer this one site over a dozen times. over 300 dwarves have fallen. I'm going to so fucking loot the fuck outta that bitch.

Hidden Fun Stuff?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 03, 2010, 03:17:39 am »

Hidden Fun Stuff?
HFS, Goblin raids, EVVILLL shiz, and buttloads of evil animals.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:28 am »

My 3 hammer dwarf squads oh yes, I gangbang goblins with 30 hammer dwarfs, were fighting creeping eyeballs to the death, but unable to kill them. After my squads became hungry, thirsty and tired I was forced to assign my war elephants, war jaguar and war leopard to the third squad. The eye balls fell one by one when my war beasts charged in. I not proceeded to deck out my 3rd squad with spears and battle axes, they'll be backup in case hammers aren't doing the thing. I chose to have each dwarf carry two silver war hammers, because they're shiny.

Waiting for the sieges to begin, will be good practice.

Oh and I managed to spot a 100! adamantine vein which I modded in. Full armoured dwarfs, yeah! Hammer dwarfs kill slowly, which makes it more fun.

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 03, 2010, 03:48:36 am »

Damnit Jimmy. That was so beautifully timed and executed that I have to hate you now.

Unrelated:
So. Totally building a lighthouse, I'm thinking glass will be the material. Can't access much stone because I have a kickass 2 or 3 level aquifer immediately below one layer of soil.
Haven't worked out how to get a sustained (and contained) fire burning at the top though, especially since I can't access magma right now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 03, 2010, 04:10:38 am »

Damnit Jimmy. That was so beautifully timed and executed that I have to hate you now.

Unrelated:
So. Totally building a lighthouse, I'm thinking glass will be the material. Can't access much stone because I have a kickass 2 or 3 level aquifer immediately below one layer of soil.
Haven't worked out how to get a sustained (and contained) fire burning at the top though, especially since I can't access magma right now.

[IGNITE_POINT:10000]?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:43 am »

Embark. Mountain gnomes. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:45 am »

Currently thinking up a fort layout while my dwarves struggle to make enough food. I've only dug out an entrance hall so far. Now that's FunTM!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:56 am »

Butcher the cats. Dwarves are so efficient at butchery that apparently you can feed a stalwart band of seven for a year on just two tabbies.

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 03, 2010, 06:48:34 am »

Digging a slaughterhouse, a bear maze, and a dwarven atomic smasher to handle extra pests.
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 03, 2010, 07:28:16 am »

Currently in my fort: melting the goblinite armor I've collected. Going slow because due to a bug, I have to save and reload after every item I melt, otherwise it crashes.

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 03, 2010, 07:58:40 am »

Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 3842