Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109472 times)

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2175 on: April 12, 2010, 11:49:20 am »

I'm building apartment complex in nearby stone cliff for nobles. Every one of them will get 3 rooms (some with gem windows, as I have plenty of gray chalcedony). Also, these apartment can be entered only through tunnel from fortress, not from outside of the cliff.
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »

Finishing my ramp-well (like a stairwell?) for my crossbowdwarves tower.

Doors are lame, using underground tunnels for the win.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 12, 2010, 12:37:49 pm »

Whoops, i embarked in a human town i destroyed in adventure mode. There's hundreds of rotten corpses and clothes lying around everywhere. There's flies too.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 12, 2010, 01:20:14 pm »

What I'm going to do is dig out a bunch of the ceiling and build up the places with walls myself. I might make actual apartments with access rooms to the roof and such.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:09 pm »

There are exactly 24 boiling bones in the refuse stockpile.
In other news, the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
among the dwarves who are evaporating.
I mixed around with the magma temperature.

Keolah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 12, 2010, 01:40:26 pm »

Fort got hit with horrendous pathfinding issues making it unplayable, after my failed attempts at pumping out the water and stopping up the leak. I was just going to write off this level as a lost cause and start building my actual fort below it as I had intended to, but when I designated a tunnel to dig, my dwarves would dig one square and then wander off. Pulled out a backup of my fort from before the breach when said fort was still playable.
There's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of *cat tallow roast*.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:34 pm »

Hi!

Have I been wrong or what! This was a surprising and exciting turn of events indeed:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deathworks

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 12, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »

D40 land still.
My fort is well progressed, I have duel magma forges and smelters. Have my armour/weapons smith auto building all the copper items he can to increase his abilities, while my smelters auto smelt copper.
He has made some steel armour and weapons for the 6 troops just to get them by until his skills increase.

My axe troops seem to not want to switch to axe now that they are legendary. They will not train in axe.
My marks dwarves are hard core, except they use mostely copper bolts cause I made so many of them.(maybe I should melt them?) I have 10 ear dogs stationed arround the fort.
I have boxes of dogs and cats I have to get rid of, I have the workshops set up but been to focused on the smiths hall.

I tore down my well and put in a nice platinum chained, platinum bucketed, obsidian bricked version. My engraver(maxed at embark) is getting quite good and fast.

Last thing I did was to build my first above ground structure, a fairly big wall around my in ramp with a 6*6 tower inside it. I am just getting ready to put the fortifications around the second level of the tower. I may put a rampart around the whole outer wall, not sure.
This is the first time in playing the game for a few months that I have tried to trigger parties to get everyone sociable. They love the well.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 12, 2010, 04:06:40 pm »

Restarted again as my last fort died from massive pathing issues (I tried to build an above ground tower)

New fort I started on flat land, crapload of trees. Dug a large square moat, and build walls around it. Planning to make a gigantic pyramid above my entrance. With ramps on the side so one can reach the top. The top will hold a statue of gold, encrusted with anything possible. The statue must be of something awesome.

Haven't started yet on the statue tho, currently working to get 20x full steel armour set + battle axes. All master quality. Then encrusting and decorating em with everything possible :) Smith almost legendary weapon and armour smith!

Thsyrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »

Just ended up with  war Giant Leopard. A loose interpretation of "train war dog" I guess. Guess I found a Companion for my Commander ;D

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 12, 2010, 04:23:23 pm »

Just ended up with  war Giant Leopard. A loose interpretation of "train war dog" I guess. Guess I found a Companion for my Commander ;D

I'm eagerly awaiting the dungeon master so I can make war bears.. Oh man

My last fort had tame grizzly and tame black bears. They bred like rabbits. Before I abandoned due to pathing issues, I had hundreds of them chained to my entrance walls and "underground" entrance walls. Nothing ever came past alive :]

That was until I opened HFS cous I was tired of the pathing issues I created. I was not prepared enough  ::)

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 12, 2010, 04:27:21 pm »

You can make War Grizzlies without the DM :D  I have two at the front of my fort.  They're both female, so no mating.  I suspect there's still some sporing though.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 12, 2010, 04:49:13 pm »

You can make War Grizzlies without the DM :D  I have two at the front of my fort.  They're both female, so no mating.  I suspect there's still some sporing though.

Thats odd, Mine never were able to train anything other then wardogs =/ even for a 100 pop fort.

Is there anything special I need to do to 'unlock' it. Not even tame large animal shows anything, even when i cage trapped dozens of different animals

Anyway, currently building a panic room that will be suspended in a large empty shaft above magma, completely sealed from harm!

Keolah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 12, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »

Thats odd, Mine never were able to train anything other then wardogs =/ even for a 100 pop fort.

It doesn't actually say to train the specific type of animal. It still says "Train War Dog" as the command, even though it'll train stuff other than dogs.
There's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of *cat tallow roast*.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:34 pm »

It doesn't actually say to train the specific type of animal. It still says "Train War Dog" as the command, even though it'll train stuff other than dogs.

hmm, I suppose they do not tame stuff thats cages/chained up? That probably was my stupidity then <.<

A section of the cavern has collapsed!

Loss: all 20 miners

:(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:47:08 pm by Guilliman »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 3842