Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109798 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9645 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:10 pm »

-FUCKIN' CRUTCHES HOW DO THEY WORK (aka maybe it really is okay to mod in limb and/or nerve regeneration)
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2373&history=1
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: January 11, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »

'Dawson' Glazedthunder, my legendary trader, proficient record keeper, high master brewer, mayor, baroness, and countess has been struck by meloncholy. I don't remember her having an unusual mood, so is she really that miserable?

Apparently yes. She admired a fine bed, has been satisfied at work, admired her own very fine container... but she was utterly traumatized by a lesser's pretentious office arrangements lately and she was woken by noise while sleeping. That's it? yes. It couldn't have helped that I temporarily took away her coffin/mousleum. Apparently she wasn't aware I was trying to upgrade her mediocre bronze coffin to a legendary one.

And then I wondered, who had a better office arrangement? When she first complained about this, I moved her to a better, smooth magnetite room, and gave her an exeptional fiber bag and dolomite coffer. Apparently that wasn't "better enough" than the simple chair-in-a-room arrangment the other guy had.

Damn the expectations of nobility - it lost me my favorite dwarf, my mayor, my baroness, my countess, my record keeper and my trader. We'll miss you Dawson, we'll miss you. 
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: January 11, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »

An elk bird is running amok in my fortress. Again. He's completely terrified of the dwarves, but so are they, and since he entered because of faulty cavern defenses and a gigantic staircase (because I wanted to DIIIIG) it's not easy to corner him and kill him. My military is busy cleansing the third cavern's wildlife so we can grab the blue stuff we just found out and take it back to safety before rewalling the third cavern (there is little of interest over there) so they won't be killing that bird just yet. But his time will come ...

Also, dwarves, please butcher the things my military men kill. Crundles can be eaten, and so can mountain goats. I know you all have delicate tastes but really we could do with a little more meat right now.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »

-FUCKIN' CRUTCHES HOW DO THEY WORK (aka maybe it really is okay to mod in limb and/or nerve regeneration)
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2373&history=1
Thanks, I was aware of that.  ;D
I really meant "if dorfs knew how to use crutches, I'd have a bit more sanity left". I had severely underestimated the probability of lost feet/legs/nerves. Must make more high boots and leggings.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: January 11, 2011, 02:55:16 pm »

I hate it when my butchers waste their time on Crundles. 30 dead crundles, usually chopped in bits, each cluttering up my shops while I'd prefer that forgotten beast or megabeast to get butchered.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

My miner just went berserk, he put his pick in my Mayors Neck...
WHY DIDN'T I NAME THAT MAYOR LEON TROTSKY?!
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: January 11, 2011, 03:08:49 pm »

Hey, I got a king! the remnants of the wise leadership of Dawson. May we always respect her memory.

Unfortunately I'm not yet prepared, so I make a bunch of new miners (all my old ones are dead, stupid miners), but they're a bit lazy.

Then I get a one-eyed pterosaur with a undulating square shell and gray scales. Beware its deadly blood! Slaghtered it with my elites: The Still Gloves. I'm also lucky they did so in an unfinished security pit, meaning I should be able to cover up the blood with no harm done. 

As I type this, Horas Helmsswallows the Special Hill of Anvils, of The Still Gloves, decided to name his sword. It is now called "Idenosal Oltheznekut", the steel short sword. "Paddlesings the Sorcerous Secret", as it is interpreted, has killed 7 notable beasts: 4 goblins, 2 trolls, and a forgotten beast. Oh, and a Cheetah, but that's not important. Horas has just earned himself a tomb.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: January 11, 2011, 03:27:11 pm »

AHHH PLEASE PUT ME ON THERE
but please, please please put me on a mechanic/siege engineer. and get me to make uber-complex traps. PLEASE!!!!

Wow that sucked about the double FB's. can you assign me to a burrow that doesn't include anything not dug out? i.e. not the caverns?  ;D

You're on the list, so as soon it's your turn to be dwarfed you'll get in there. Ideally as a mechanic, but I can't guarantee that.

If anyone else wants to be dwarf you can just ask, as I still need names.

The thing that really surprised me about the double FB is that the second one showed up only a few days after the first. I'd assumed Toady put some kind of time limit on their spawning, but evidently that's not the case.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: January 11, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »

I will quite happily provide a moniker to any as of yet unnamed individuals. hopefully not a lye maker that gets drafted into a suicide squad.... actully, what am i saying? i would love that...
This is a blank sig.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:58 pm »

I'd like to be dwarfed as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: January 11, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »

Spring has arrived, signalling the beginning of the seventh year of Truthfulfloors. The construction of a new dining room, which will contain 56 tables and 56 chairs, has begun. Purely due to aesthetics, as the old dining room is far too close to the hospital. And no sign of the three eyed jade skunk yet, but I'm sure he is just lurking around in the caverns, waiting for some unfortunate dwarf to waltz into his territory. I've already sent my military down there twice to search for him, but so far they've returned empty handed.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »

Blockearth laughs at the goblin siege outside. With enough food and drink to last months before needed to leave and the supersquad training as this is carved, no one is terribly worried, especially since the scouts reported that the entire contingent of trolls manage to get caught in the elephant traps trying to chase down a kitten.

Experiments are underway to develop the latest form of entertainment during the work interrim: how to make a dragon into a goblin-frying trap without it traipsing all over the fort. The few goblin slaves present are not a problem, the sciencedwarves assure us, as the moment one of them dies to the dragon, the experiments will be complete.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: January 11, 2011, 04:34:16 pm »

I just had to barricade my waterfall in order to redirect my brook through a well that didn't fill quite as planned. Awesome.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »

I just found my first cavern in this location - with Tunnel tube and hostile Serpent civilisation.
Going to designate tree-farm on 6 soil levels.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: January 11, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »

Have started a new fortress, in a freezing mountain area. Immediately began digging down to reach the caverns and set myself up in there. Am farming for booze and food, and making use of all the underground trees for my dwarfs. I am also building bridges between massive rock pillars to make a series of defensible and cool looking rooms.
Troglodytes tried to kill one of my dwarfs, so we went in mob handed and fought the trog and his three pals. All the trogs died, and my dwarfs were bruised and beaten but none of us died. I will now start producing some weapons and mail shirts to fend them off easier, as it seems more are coming. Also a nest of cave swallow humanoids not far away, have to be careful of them.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 3842