Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108737 times)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9390 on: January 03, 2011, 10:35:04 am »

Forgotten beasts with deadly dust are just unfair. 8 of 10 legendary soldiers died from complete paralyzing. After the beast of course. Pretty much every non caged animal died too and some random dwarves died (children too) from the plague spreading to them. Due to no skilled butchers only the beasts head is being butchered and the big parts have already started rotting  >:(. One dwarf managed to get to the hospital partially paralyzed and was diagnosed with beast disease. No treatment was scheduled and he left the bed and seems to be ok now.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: January 03, 2011, 10:37:55 am »

My fort just got it's second legendary glassmaker.  The first went fey and made a (valuable) toy hammer.  This one withdrew from society and made a toy axe (Are they trying to create a toy army or something?).  Did I mention that there is no sand on my map?
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:59 am »

Part 42 of my LP is up.

In this thrilling installment, I spend 3 months trying to fill a moat and fail completely. Oh joy. The one time I do want to flood part of my fort the game won't let me.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: January 03, 2011, 12:02:23 pm »

The forgotton beast Anul has arrived. Made of bronze and twisted into humanid form. The same time as a siege. However, less than half the military was needed to deal with both threats. The walled attacks (Led by swordsdwarf, 2 hammer dwarves, 7 axedwarves) demolished the 10 swordgobbos, 9 hammergobbos and the mounted hammergobbo leader on a rutherer. only casualty - dwarven baby. the commander of the walled attacks ignored my carefully planned tactic of staying within the walls and waiting for the enemy to pass 2 marksdwarf bunkers and a ballista channel, and instead bezerked at them. on her own. she killed 3 and removed many legs as a result of the baby death related anger, despite some nasty wounds which were efficiently dealt with in hospital. the fight was over in seconds once the rest of her squad was scrambled to help her. axes have a nice way of spreading body parts absolutley everywhere (bout a 30 tile radius of limbs, heads, teeth and socks) - my fps took a hit as they were all piled in the smasher.

Anul took longer to die - what with being bronze. 2 squads went after him - a squad of veteran axedwarves, and a green squad of axedwarves led by a highly experienced speardwarf. within moments they had removed all 4 limbs (each over 1400 urists in weight). it took months though for the dented head to be lopped off. this left anuls "bronze" behind, around 15000 urists in weight. i could do nothing with it (rather hoped to melt it into several thousand bolts) so smashed it, after a rather patient dwarf took about a year to haul it from the caverns to the smasher.

anyway, now its all quiet, so time to go down another cavern layer.
This is a blank sig.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:56 pm »

Just made  masterwork/exceptional steel armor set and weapon for the yet to come military and studded it all with gold.
Feel good man.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: January 03, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »

Awesome! @ Both above. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: January 03, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »

I'm starting a cavern fort:

1 proficient weaponsmith/armorsmith (will do all the physical labor in the beginning - mining, carpentry, etc.)
1 proficient grower/cook (will do all the farming in the beginning)
5 competent axedwarf/fighter + adequate shield user/armor user

food, booze, seeds
enough ore and b. coal to make full sets of equipment for the five soldiers

I will do no smoothing of stone, nor will I build any fully enclosed rooms. I may wall areas off, but they will not have ceilings, natural or constructed. Similarly, I will not completely seal my fort off at any time. There will always be at least one open entrance to each cavern level and the surface at all times.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #9397 on: January 03, 2011, 01:42:01 pm »

my first minotaur arrived and I locked everybody in, fearing what he could do to my fortress.

sent my 7 low-skilled, iron equipped military dwarves, to (maybe) kill him. result: no injuries on my soldiers, and a rotting minotaur mutilated corpse.

i was extremely lucky, or i was really overestimating semimegabeast?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:46:12 pm by Iados »

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: January 03, 2011, 02:06:37 pm »

Well, if those cave swallow men didn't hate me before, they sure as HFS hate me now. The caverns are slowly flooding due to a hole I punch in the floor of a brook in an ill-thought-out plan to make mud for a farm. I've managed, with considerable effort, to stop the flooding of my farm room, but water is still flowing into the caverns because of the other holes I dug in order to slow the flow of water in order to seal off the hole in the ceiling.

Ooh, elves are here. As usual, I'm gonna murder 'em for free shit.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: January 03, 2011, 02:10:13 pm »

First fight in this new embark involved the three dogs I took with me against three skeletal hoary marmots. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: January 03, 2011, 02:11:40 pm »

How the hell do I get StoneSense to work?  :l  I have 3.16 but it just says "connecting to DF" and never changes.

And my other fort failed.  Stupid cave filled with naked mole rats...
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:46 pm »

I got another useless migrant, an adept dyer and a proficient liar. I bet 10 gold bars that he lied about his best skill so he could be sent here.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: January 03, 2011, 02:26:47 pm »

Tried to embark in a terrifying forest.

Werewolves picked off my dwarves one by one until only one was left, and left him to die of thirst with a broken knee before the trade caravan came.

It was both soul-crushing and hilarious.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:50 pm »

How the hell do I get StoneSense to work?  :l  I have 3.16 but it just says "connecting to DF" and never changes.

And my other fort failed.  Stupid cave filled with naked mole rats...

First page of the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.0

If stuff's not working
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: January 03, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »

Damn beholder slew my grower and an elephant.
Next up, a Rutherer corpse is immune to magma and starts to light on fire? What's with that?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 3842