Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107532 times)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9135 on: December 24, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »

I know, but even if it's 1 step after the start, usually SOMEONE has made friends with SOMEONE.  Which leads to spiral.  A very, very very small one.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: December 24, 2010, 07:06:33 pm »

Do you want to kill off five of your original embark or not?

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: December 24, 2010, 07:08:39 pm »

....Oh, fine.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: December 24, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »

I know, but even if it's 1 step after the start, usually SOMEONE has made friends with SOMEONE.  Which leads to spiral.  A very, very very small one.

See Baldedgilds.  I embarked next to two ogres.  It looked like they were going to get beaten down without any loss to my 7 founders, when suddenly one the ogres burst forth from unconsciousness and ripped the guts out of one of my dwarves with his teeth.  That ogre bled to death immediately afterwards.  That attack was its final ounce of strength.

That dwarf had one friend (the infamous Pillarmarket), who went berserk and killed two more dwarves.  The best part was I had embarked with three lvl 2 miners, intending to dig out basic living spaces, farms, etc really fast... and all three miners died before a single tile of earth had been struck.

Pillarmarket was ecstatic for a full year following her slaughter, and voted mayor only a week later.  She's now one of only two surviving founders, and married to the other one.

Murdering bitch.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: December 24, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »

So yeah a goblin ambush walked into my fort and preceded to slit the throat of all my dwarves.  Awesome.  At least they didn't rot to death.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: December 24, 2010, 08:39:46 pm »

Just caught the Cave Crocodile who'se been munching on my dwarves in the caverns.  Trying to decide whether to let my military at him in a grudge match, or just keep him as a trophy and feed goblins to him when they start showing up.

As an aside, my militia commander seems to have taken up permanent residence outside on the extreme left edge of the map.  He won't go train or respond to station commands (haven't tried Kill commands yet as there are currently no major enemies) but did chase off a goblin snatcher who attempted to come onmap at approximately that spot before returning to his vigil.  Any idea what's up with this?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: December 24, 2010, 09:46:22 pm »

My armoursmith died. I'm training all my un-moodable dwarves in armouring in the hope that someone'll mood.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: December 24, 2010, 10:04:04 pm »

lol, I now have quite a bit of Unexpected consequences haunting me.  >.<  I DID IT though, now I have only 4 dwarves to worry about, plus burying all migrants.  Is there a way migration can be turned off?.... No ideas.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: December 24, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

data\init\d_init.txt, and look for the line
[POPULATION_CAP:200]
Just change it to something much smaller. I think the first two waves (summer and autumn of year 1) are hard coded to happen anyway, but after that it should stop sending them.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: December 24, 2010, 10:29:57 pm »

Just change it to something much smaller. I think the first two waves (summer and autumn of year 1) are hard coded to happen anyway, but after that it should stop sending them.

Is world regen nescessary?

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:08 pm »

Gorno Tudolsmo, the cyclops, has come! A fearsome humanoid with one eye set in its forehead.
-takes two steps, walks into my kitty bait trap.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: December 25, 2010, 12:17:25 am »

Is world regen nescessary?
No. Init files never need regen.

Evanissimo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: December 25, 2010, 12:38:38 am »

One of my soldiers took it upon himself to not only chase off some wolves but wrestle one to death. He killed it without a single scratch on him. He's not even legendary or anything just adequate. I didn't know that soldiers attack on their own if they are on a active alert.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: December 25, 2010, 12:52:56 am »

One of my soldiers took it upon himself to not only chase off some wolves but wrestle one to death. He killed it without a single scratch on him. He's not even legendary or anything just adequate. I didn't know that soldiers attack on their own if they are on a active alert.

DF:  99.9% of the time you will be frothing because the dread hoary marmot threat keeps the morons from building so much as a bridge, and then someone completely unskilled will disassemble a goblin bare-handed.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: December 25, 2010, 01:27:46 am »

Things to do list.
1. Put an order in for 666 menacing steel spikes.......check.
2. Order a crap ton of mastercraft mechanisms......check.
3. Forge Ten full sets of mastercraft adamantine armor.....check
4. Forge Twenty Mastercraft Adamantine Short Swords....CHECK
5. Three Levers.....Piece of cake!!!
6. Equip all swordsdrawfs with two Adamantine Short Swords..........check
7. finish clown death trap o doom ...check
8. Unleash hell .......hehehehe
9. Have fun...check
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3842