Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5973206 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8970 on: December 21, 2010, 12:11:33 pm »

well three things
1 with Dfusion I some how got a abandon fort turn into a hamlet before abandoning
2. some how this lead to houses and no sign of any fort was there but every one there is a dwarf that was apart of the group.
3. a past attempt of reclaiming a pre-hamlet using the same site editor lead to success but now everything is void of houses and filled with people Friendly people. the only regret was the lack of enlisting Tame members. So many Orc people I could have used.

To be honest I guess the second I do something I'm about to be raided by them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: December 21, 2010, 12:20:32 pm »

Ah thanks guys quick reply :L
Yeah it wasn't my hunter's I don't have hunters :S
It was my epic/or not military :) How long before it decays since I have a TON of hauling going on atm?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »

Apparently having 3 green as grass recruits decked out in steel armor fight underground beasties is a bad idea. I hope the fish people like their canned food.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: December 21, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

Apparently having 3 green as grass recruits decked out in steel armor fight underground beasties is a bad idea. I hope the fish people like their canned food.
I had green as grass recruits in only their clothes armed with battle axes and their fists destroy an olm man civ.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: December 21, 2010, 12:52:15 pm »

I had green as grass recruits in only their clothes armed with battle axes and their fists destroy an olm man civ.
I've had a legendary sword-dwarf die to a herd of hungry heads and a legendary spear-dwarf die fighting a goblin.

(the sworddwarf dodged off a cliff and the spear-dwarf doged into a murky pool)

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: December 21, 2010, 12:57:35 pm »

I accidently made my military retarded.
Now they can't follow orders :S
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: December 21, 2010, 12:57:41 pm »

Trailedmines 7th granite, 2nd year

A herd of elephants walked by, but didn't step in our cage traps. I am preparing a line of traps that most elephants will get caught in. Also, we have caught and tamed 2 mountain goats, a tiger (then trained for war), and a giant cave swallow.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: December 21, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »

Ah thanks guys quick reply :L
Yeah it wasn't my hunter's I don't have hunters :S
It was my epic/or not military :) How long before it decays since I have a TON of hauling going on atm?

Just hae one dwarf with nothing but refuse hauling for about a month. You may wish to forbid any severed parts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: December 21, 2010, 01:05:55 pm »

Yeah I have that but its a relitively new fort with a lot of stuff needing moving, they rotted anyhow. Not too fussed I have plenty of food already just wanted to make the migrant butcher legendary hes like 1k exp off it :D

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:40 pm »

makes you wonder what he's done with his life

... and whether you should keep an eye out on him  ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: December 21, 2010, 01:32:42 pm »

makes you wonder what he's done with his life

... and whether you should keep an eye out on him  ;)
Indeed... :D

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: December 21, 2010, 01:37:31 pm »

I got ambushed by kobolds in the middle of rerouting my magmatic greeting system because it took too long to drain.  3 casualties so far, and a couple of the survivors have infected wounds. Also am in the process of walling off my sun berry plot's, and hadn't finished when the attack came.

Also I found you can completely drain isolated pockets in the magma sea and they won't refill. I'm pulling from the magma flow directly now so hopefully that works.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: December 21, 2010, 02:32:50 pm »

I love it, it's named "Lurestrangled" and the event is named "The Bloody Attack"  :D

But why did he randomly throw a fruit on there....   ???

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: December 21, 2010, 03:01:33 pm »

Just got a highmaster armorsmith and a highmaster weaponsmith in a migrant wave. Needless to say it beats my miner who was proficient in both. :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: December 21, 2010, 03:15:01 pm »

I have four seperate magma pipes!  :o

two of them come up in the third cavern, one in the first, and the fourth is the volcano I embarked on and use for my main forges. My head smith, from the starting seven, will have his own personal forges down on the magma sea. All the starting seven will be sealed deep underground and have their own work areas to practice their craft until they are legendary in all trades. Not sure how I'm going to manage the resources and output though...

I still have the donkey meat problem to deal with. I should forbid all other foods and have them made into enormous stacks of bisquits.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 3839