Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5966149 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8880 on: December 18, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »

Clasplake is at an end. A seige struck, which I was majorly unprepared for as I've never gotten a seige on any fortress before, just ambushes. They managed to kill a forgotten beast that had been bothering me, but I accidentally let them in, not realizing that if you make doors not pet passable but don't forbid them, the goblins can break in. So they murdered all but one: my mayor. He's now lying in the hospital, brutally injured, hungry, thirsty, and highly susceptable to infection, behind a locked door in a fortress which is almost entirely compromised. All he can do now is wait to die.

Maybe migrants will arrive in time to save the fortress...

It would be hilarious if one was a grand master doctor with a limp.

"We heard the calls, we're here now."

House calls FTW.

Its not Lupus.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: December 18, 2010, 10:34:15 pm »

Two snatchers came by, and I immediately realized how the bypassed the main entrance(a few slopes I missed when I removed them all). The first one escaped the way they came in, the second one, when spotted, instead of grabbing an infant, he cut the babe's hand off, killing him a second later from the blood loss. The goblin ran and hit almost every active stone-fall trap on the way out, but this only caused him to vomit for a bit as an elven caravan came by(they ignored the goblin).

Artifact spear GET.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/sgtjacob1/Armorcat.jpg
It's worth 181680 Urist Dwarfbucks
What's a "moss dwarfette"?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: December 18, 2010, 10:37:40 pm »

Genesis mod. There are four or five different cates of dwarf.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: December 18, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »

Artifact spear GET.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/sgtjacob1/Armorcat.jpg
It's worth 181680 Urist Dwarfbucks
What's a "moss dwarfette"?
A Genesis Mod caste of dwarf.
Moss Dwarves: It is said that Moss dwarves can live anywhere. While it's not totally true, they can be good settlers in savage areas. They do not catch diseases as easy as other dwarves and their flesh heals at a lightning speed, making them easier to survive in location with a constant outside threat.
All male Urists in Genesis mod are dwarves, all female Urists are dwarfettes.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: December 18, 2010, 10:56:56 pm »

Cleaning up residue (IE gallons of blood) left in my main hallway after draining some otherwise clean murky pools.

Also, dumping all the clothes of the goblin siege I captured down my waterfall.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: December 18, 2010, 11:06:16 pm »

The first caravan hasn't even left yet. Digging in Obsdian with marble beneath it. Set up rooms around barracks.... Damn microline keeps cropping up in big oval shaped areas, meaning that part of my barracks isn't obsidian.... Is there some way around this.

I can't seem to get my military to train, they are always organizing or waiting for combat drills. Go figure.

My war dogs have ripped a Kobold thief in half. His internal organs are all over. It's somewhat distturbing. I think his pancreas is actually on top of a tree. Maybe its one of his other organs. Not sure. Will have to check.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #8886 on: December 18, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »

Getting slaughtered by a siege from a race you created is a wonderfully gratifying experience. ^_^
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: December 18, 2010, 11:37:13 pm »

Well, my engravers are engraving the Graveyard, The Barracks And the Dormatory.
They seem to be obsessed with -longname- The waste of meteors the hydra and all the people he killed.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: December 19, 2010, 01:34:07 am »

Just opened the caverns to fight a couple of FBs.  One was a gigantic, one-eyed cardinal with a long trunk (beware its poisonous bite!).  A pushover.  Didn't even get a scratch, though it took FOREVER to kill...

And the other was Esp Strerasakon, a towering noseless walrus.  It had a square shell and a bloated body (beware its deadly dust.)  Also took forever to kill, and the only problem was that one of my defenders got his foot cut off.  However, as I speak, 86 of my 92 dwarves are suffering from a fever, and every single animal except for those that were caged.

And now they all went to get a drink and are fine again.  Well, that wasn't as exciting as I hoped it'd be...  I just need one good tantrum spiral...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: December 19, 2010, 01:46:54 am »

Getting slaughtered by a siege from a race you created is a wonderfully gratifying experience. ^_^

I disagree. Whenever the Darnen attacked Townbrush I felt horribly annoyed and incompetent.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: December 19, 2010, 02:21:26 am »

Just now, when starting up my massive magma pump stack, I accidentally flooded a section of my fortress, nearly losing my artifact vault in the process.

I consider this to be very dwarfy, because this immensely time consuming and complex project (which is, itself, a tiny part of a much larger project,) nearly achieved catastrophic failure because I forgot to construct two walls:

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:06 am »

Working on fancy living spaces for my original seven. Mostly done, but I still need to encrust and place five doors. I'm starting to think maybe they're not quite fancy enough, though.

Also, somehow my dwarves are filling up every barrel I make within only a few seconds, which makes it hard to make booze for them. =/
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: December 19, 2010, 03:59:43 am »

then reserve some in the stockpiles menu.
This is a blank sig.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: December 19, 2010, 10:22:12 am »

wait you can reserve barrels for specific items?
Nom nom nom

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: December 19, 2010, 10:32:06 am »

make a stockpile for booze, then put maximum assigned barrels.

assign 0 barrels to all other stockpiles.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 3838