Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106082 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8490 on: December 03, 2010, 12:22:35 pm »

yes. epic fail.
i've had an idiot throw a toy and brain a goblin. and a plump helmet brain an elephant. and a war hammer... wait that actually is realistic...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fail?

Is the dungeon master real?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: December 03, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

WAIT WTF I JUST MISSED THE DUNGEON MASTER!

sorry, my first impulse is "fake!"

please upload. I want it to be real.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: December 03, 2010, 01:57:29 pm »

I was engraving the walls of some apartments I was building behind my shooting range. In the tile right behind the shooting range target, there is now an engraving called "The Tin Slug", which concerns the appointment as major-for-life of my expedition leader.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: December 03, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »

I was testing some new additions to my trap defence at the entrance hall. I decided to use one of the captured goblins as a test subject, and placed his cage there. Once released, he, instinctively, ran onto the weapon traps. For some reason, he didn't activate the pressure plates that were supposed to shut him inside the hall. No harm done. Well, not to my dwarves at least.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Pressure plates don't actually work that way. Well, that would have been boring as well. Back to the drawing board!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:04:03 pm by Serio »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: December 03, 2010, 03:28:43 pm »

try putting bridges and/or doors right after the pressure plates. or hatches with channeled-out floors below them (remove the up-ramps!)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Gorzan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:34 pm »

the miner militia (with the mayor as lider) of Workburn  started to train at the danger room, they, being four miners armed with their picks slayed a good number of goblins and a minotaur without training, and now, as they spar, they are the pride of the fortress, the proletary army (i'm going to reject the option to become a barony, of course, only noble we need is our hard worker and great fighter mayor)

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: December 03, 2010, 03:54:45 pm »

A neat titan (some spider with blue feathers) spawned outside, but there's a siege on-going. I'm hoping they won't interact or at least the titan wins, I'm not interested in losing another one. My last one was an annoying blob that was supposed to shoot web, but I think the lack of a head/mouth (not sure) prevented it from doing so. The other got slain by a goblin.

EDIT: It lasted 2 minutes.  >:(

Meanwhile also adding a new feature to my arena. Last time I my dwarves forgot that channeling makes a ramp so the dragon happily walked out and roasted a few dwarves. This time it's much more customizable and I can do pretty much everything to it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:03:59 pm by Wiro »

Gorzan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: December 03, 2010, 04:18:18 pm »

after defeating a new pair of ambusher parties in a mostly amazing way (charge trhowg the bolts wall of the crossbow-goblins) without more than a few scracths, only one warrior miner stands without a title

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: December 03, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »

Ravioli (or something similar - DF saving for season change at present, so can't check) FB composed of Flame, with a spiral shell - beware his flame.

Well, beware the damn smoke more than anything else.  Strolled in from a section of the top caverns that I didn't think was connected to my fort, and proceeded to my main (lower) staircase, the main link between the upper fort and the adamantine I'm looting.

Thinking it could all turn to custard, I mobilised all 4 squads, but it takes several months for them to get down here, so I prepared for the fall of Windtunnel, after 6 long years...

Just so happened my useless trained war dragon was passing through.  Never harmed a beast since I got him.  But now, it suddenly leapt onto the beast of flame, which was engaged in frying several war dogs, and ripped a leg off, then bit it in half.

Only trouble now is the FB extract, which is filling the entire cavern up with smoke.  Annoying, especially as I rerouted everything away from the smoking boots that someone has just taken outside, while leaving the smouldering dog carcass that's the main problem. 

Have also lost a legendary miner (but I have 6 more) and a planter, not too sure how, but something to do with the FB extract.  Oh, well....

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: December 03, 2010, 07:27:59 pm »

had a cat give birth the a kitten, so I went to enable it to be butchered.... and it was already adopted, it literally was born and immediately latched onto the nearest dwarf.... these cats are getting smarter each generation.
Nom nom nom

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: December 03, 2010, 07:38:40 pm »

Giant Desert Scorpions keep warding off goblin ambushers for me.  The downside to that is one of the GDS has a scourge...  he left the map sadly.  I can't wait for him to come back so I can cage him.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: December 03, 2010, 08:10:15 pm »

My entire squad of archers just got messed up by a single elite greenskin crossbowman.  Only one actually died from it, but the rest have been placed in the hospital.

Despite the liberal application of donkey and warthog soap, all but 2 have infections.  If this ends the way I'm thinking it is going to end I'm drafting my damn worthless doctors.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #8503 on: December 03, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »

Got the monarch for the first time ever. The queen has been outfitted with rooms of rose gold. She's no Tholtig Cryptbrain but she does have a few kills to her name.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: December 03, 2010, 10:12:56 pm »

Part 17 of my LP is up.

If you're wondering why I focused so much on that trog attack, it's because it makes no damn sense to me. Somehow a trog managed to get through the deep road, barracks, and civilian workshops without hitting a single animal or dwarf. Considering all the training, engraving, building, etc going on down there you'd think someone would encounter it. But no, it just waltzed right up into the meeting hall.

If this had been something like a cave crocodile, Mosus would be a corpse. And that idea bothers me. Even in Townbrush I never had this problem. Beasts from the underground always ran into something on the way up.

Also I didn't mention it, but there's a giant cheetah patrolling the area around Reveredtour. It just keeps walking around the fort, as if it's waiting for a dwarf to go outside. If it's still there when I make the next update, I'm going to introduce it to the Immortal Rags.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 3842